Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Peer Cache Options

Add an option to have Peer Cache to work with boundary groups, subnet broadcast or both. My understanding is that 1607 Peer Cache will broadcast local subnet for peers that have the content, 1610 it's based off of Boundary groups. In environment, using boundary groups for peer cache will not work, like to have the option to tell the clients to use boundary group, subnet broadcast or both?

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MattCarroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding in the above ability in to the SCCM client would be a game changer. djam - is there any idea on a time line of when this might be incorporated ?

• John Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 but I would suggest an option in the Boundary Group for "Use this boundary group for Peer Caching" and then the DP attached to this group in the Site System Servers would be the first source DP the first client uses to download the content.

I use separate Boundary Groups for Site, MP, SUP, and DP. Since I only have 1 site, everyone is considered in the same Boundary Group if I set everyone up there, hence the clients roam all over unless I separate them into their own special boundary groups, which is not ideal for my environment.

• Michael Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the option be boundary group or boundary. Our boundary groups are mostly used to control what DP clients use but span multiple slow links. If we can keep it within a boundary over boundary groups we could use this to replace our current 3rd party vendor solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base