SCCM Company Portal App: Correct installation status for applications requiring approval
When an application is requested for approval and then installed using the SCCM Comopany Portal App, the status stays on "Install" but it would be nice if it changed to "Installing" and then "Installed" accordingly.
1. An application is deployed to users as «Install / Available» with the flag «Require administrator approval if users request this application»
2. The SCCM Company Portal App can be successfully used to request approval for the application from the client.
3. The approval request appears in SCCM and is approved from the SCCM console.
4. After approving the request in SCCM, the status of the application in the Company Portal App on the client updates as expected, allowing the application to be installed.
5. By clicking on «Install», the application can be installed successfully.
The issue :
- While the installation is running, the status in the Company Portal App does NOT update to «Installing…» but stays on «Install» instead.
- After the installation has completed, the status does NOT update to «Installed» but stays still on «Install» instead.
Further findings :
- The status updates correctly to «Installing…» and then to «Installed» within the Company Portal App, when an application is deployed WITHOUT the «Require administrator approval» flag activated.
- The status updates always correctly within the SCCM Software Center (with and without «Require administrator approval»)
Due to resrictions of universal apps, the Company Portal gets installation status from the server. This results in delays in updates. The new software center provides real time user available install status.