Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Stop unnecessary "New software is available" pop-up on each logon after a user has uninstalled an available application.

After a user installs an application that was deployed as "Available", but later uninstalls the application, the user gets a balloon pop-up every time they logon saying "New software is available".

There is NO way to prevent this from happening apart from removing the user from the collection where the application was deployed, and adding them back. This has been the case since CM12 was released but this is not a desirable behavior especially when there's no "valid" way of preventing this.

281 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vinay Pamnani (MSFT) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to just suppress this. We roll out quite a bit of software and I don't want the users getting spammed all the time but I do want other notifications when the apps are installing, succeed, or fail.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is also experiencing constant notification of New software available. It happens multiple times a day, every day. I cannot find any options to reduce the number of times this notification appears or stopping it all together.

Whenever we look in Software Center, there is nothing new on any of the nodes.

Ideally, we would like to have notifications of new Windows 10 upgrades or patches. It is less important to be notified that there is new software in Software Center especially at the frequency we are seeing it. Being able to stop these notifications would be awesome!

Please fix this issue! It's been a problem for far too long.

Thank you!

• Buster Frith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been annoying some of my customers who don't install all available software. If Software Center apps have been viewed since the app was available it should retain that they have already seen it is available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a per-application or per-deployment option like there is with software update deployments.

• bdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, if any application is deployed as available the user will get a 'New Software is Available' notification every single time the client starts. Forever. In 1610 a 'new' banner was added to the icons which goes away after 7 days. That's great but then so should the notification. To not tie these together greatly reduces the value of both of them since user are now expecting to see 'new' icons in the Software Center when they get notified that new software is available. After a few weeks of that they just stop paying attention to the notification.

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can’t believe Microsoft even programmed this stupid message to keep coming up anyway ….. why ? … it’s pointless.

• rtruss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this motion!! It is available from app cat and once removed from the client it should no longer be in software center. Get calls all the time on this one.

• Andy D'Hollander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're having the same issue. If this behavior can't be fixed it would be nice to have at least an option in your Software Center to "reset" it, making it forget about anything you ever installed through the Application Catalog.

Feedback and Knowledge Base