Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Right click actions in deployment monitoring

I've noticed in the Monitoring > Distribution Status, we have options to remediate content errors on distribution points. However, in the Deployments section, when clicking on a deployment and viewing errors, we have no options and no actions for remediation. Most of the deployment errors I have seen can be resolved by running a client action.

Example, for all user based deployments. I would have to go to the deployment monitor, get the computer name, go to devices in assets and compliance, search for the computer, and then right click and start the client action. If there are tens or hundreds of computers in error, this can take a very long time or we wait a week for the client to run the scheduled action. Management does not like waiting around.

Preferred method...right click the computer in the deployment monitoring and start the client action.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Thelen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to expand on this, On the deployment tab on a device record properties we can see the applications deployed but not it's status (success/failed/in progress)

• Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add on to this idea, be sure to add the full range of right click tools (since that is in the top 10 user voices anyways) and the ability to MANAGE a computer. Countless times I have had a couple devices fail a deployment and I have to copy the computer name, search them in Active Directory, then right click, manage; just to scroll through event viewer.

• Matt Schultz [BCBSNE] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, it would be really helpful if the entries in the bottom pane had all the right-click options that the resource would have in the Assets & Compliance view: Start Remote Control, Start Resource Explorer, Client Notification, etc.

• Lance Grieser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add on to this idea, be sure to include the "Add selected item to" options so we can easily generate a collection from the generated lists as well. This could speed up remediation tremendously.

Feedback and Knowledge Base