On CAS imported object will be deleted by the registration on Primary Site and a new object will be created on thePrimary.
CAS and Primary.
Some clients try to reregister and do not manage to do this.
The Clients send in the registration request the ImportedMachineIdentity out of the SMSCFG.INI, and this will be used in the Stored Procedure MPIsClientRegistered.
exec MPIsClientRegistered ....
ImportedMachineIdentity is not available in theDatabase (CAS or PRI), and registration fails. If we delete the ImportedMachineIdentity from SMSCFG.INI, can the Client register without issues.
Here are the repro steps :
1. Import Computer (that does not exist in DB) . DO it on CAS an based on MAC.
2. Install Computer using OSD Tasksequence on Primary Site
3. After install the CAS-Object will be deleted by the registration on Primary Site and a new object will be created on thePrimary.
4. Computer has in the SMSCFG.INI the ImportedMachineIdentity, and this is also in the tables referenced to the ResourcenID of the CAS-Objects (which is now decommissioned).
5. Maintenance task „Deleted Aged Discovery Data“ will run and delete decommissioned CAS-Resource and entry ImportedMachineIdentity in the table disappears.
6. If the computer issues a Re-registration e.g . delete pf SMS Certificates , the process will fail/
The registration is successful only when , either ImportedMachineIdentity will be deleted from SMSCFG.INI, or certificates are renewed. Computer certificate is in Table ClientKeyData available and will be used also for the Stored Procedure MP_IsClientRegistered to identify the client.