Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

New Softwarecenter: Save View-Settings: list view vs. tile view

The new Softwarecenter supports list view and tile view. users should be able to save the view-settings.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    André [clientmgmt.de] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin Schneeberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have successfully tested the situation in the build 1706. The view is recorded in the XML file «Application-RowTileMode-Cahce. xml» In the path «C:\Users\[username] \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Software Center\.cache».
        Respect! A write error occurred. Shouldn't it mean "Cache" instead of "Cahce" in the file name?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it actually should be an all client setting that could be changed in the console.

• Alexander Kashcheev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most cases, when users can't find needed software in SC our internal Helpdesk first of all recommends to switch to list view. And in 99% it solves the problem.
        Icons in tile view grab space, but gives no usefull infomation. Text are cut and can't surve for quick lookup. Usability - 0!
        It will be better to preconfiger list view as defult upon installation.

• Sandeep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, It would be good to have ability to save this settings. and also as an admin set this list view as default settings.

• Dan Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, Tile view is misleading for users since the installation status of the application is not listed. Additionally, the blurry icons in Tile view are less than ideal. Let us select what default view is best for our environment.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Screen readers are unable to interpret the tile view and having the ability to change the default to list view will resolve this issue.

• William France commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I don't like the current tile view (truncates application names and does not include installation status of applications). I would like the ability via Client Settings to set the default view for the Applications section of Software Center to list view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base