Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Fix German translation for ‘compliance’

When using the German version of the SCCM Console, Reports, Software Center or Control Panel Applet the word ‘compliance’ is translated with ‘Kompatibel’ which is the German word for ‘compatible’

This doesn´t really make sense and should be translated with a better German Word like ‘Konformität’

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stefan Röll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Stefan:
    I checked with Loc team after the bug was files, here is the latest update:
    Term Studio is updated (it took some time) and the implementation of the fixes is now in progress.
    We are targeting to fix the related issues in the next release (1702).

After we investigated all the strings, we found more hits in the Intune and SCCM products, here is the table to show the result for German.

We also found similar issues in other 8 languages. We are working with Loc team to make sure all of these issues are fixed in the next release.

Thanks for raising the issue and let us know. We can work together to improve the Loc quality.
    Source Term New Suggested Translation Target Language Hits Intune Hits SCCM
    compliance state Konformitätszustand de-DE 4 60
    Compliance Settings Manager role Rolle „Konformitätseinstellungs-Manager“ de-DE 0 0
    Compliance Settings Manager Konformitätseinstellungs-Manager de-DE 0 4
    Compliance Settings Konformitätseinstellungen de-DE 0 15
    compliance policy Konformitätsrichtlinie de-DE 14 23
    compliant konform de-DE 58 233
    compliance Konformität de-DE 111 480

• Stefan Röll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for looking into this Robert.
    I believe the term "compliance Kompatibilität The adherence to stated standards" should get reviewed.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your feedback. I will check loc team to review your suggestion.
    I checked MS Term Studio database, "compliance" is approved to be translated into following strings for DEU. Do you think we need to raise the issue to update the term studio? I did not see either of our current string or your suggestion in the Term Studio list (MS dictionary for loc).

compliance Kompatibilität The adherence to stated standards.
    compliance Einhaltung The adherence to stated standards.
    compliance Vertragserfüllung The adherence to the terms and conditions of a Microsoft license agreement, e.g., having sufficient licenses or having ordered sufficient licenses to permit all usage of a product.
    compliance Einhaltung The adherence to the terms and conditions of a Microsoft license agreement, e.g., having sufficient licenses or having ordered sufficient licenses to permit all usage of a product.
    compliance Richtlinientreue Meeting an organization's various obligations, which may arise from laws, regulations, rules, and many other legal instruments, such as court judgments, litigation, and even contracts. Specific and important examples of these obligations include the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and the California Law on Notice of Security Breach, formerly known as SB-1386. These regulatory obligations may be created by many sources, such as national and local governments and from industry-specific oversight groups, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.

Feedback and Knowledge Base