Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Remote Control features and improvments

I would like to thank Microsoft to allow their customers to share new and innovative ideas and I would like to present mine from my experience as Desktop Management Engineer in my company.
Initially we were using a comparative tool called LANDesk Management Suite and on the beginning of this year we have moved to SCCM 1511, since then I had received many complains about remote control comparing to the past experience.
I really like SCCM as a whole and I think it is really good tool and really nice features and constant updates, but not the remote control.
I have known many companies using SCCM with 3rd party remote tool like DreamWare, SolarWinds, LANDesk,…etc. because of the SCCM remote limited options and performance issues.
The below is the list of some really good features to have in SCCM remote control tool:
1- Ability to remote control the machine with permission even if the no user is logged in. sometime this option is really required when the client has a problem with logging in to the machine like if the machine is out of domain, the Helpdesk guys are not able to control the machine and rejoin it again considering unattended remote control option is not allowed because it is without permission for security reasons.
2- Ability to configure remote control or remote view access for SCCM users in which some users will have view access only and others to have control access only to the same machine.
3- Multiple Screens switching in which the user can move between screens to make it easier in supporting the client.
4- Screen Quality control when remote control the machine. For some site the speed of the network is very slow, the remote control will be very slow and will cost time to service the client.
5- Option to ask for Reboot.
6- File Transfer loading bar to show the progress of copying a file and remaining time.
7- Current logged in user name to the remote machine and the IP Address as well while remoting a machine and it is good to place them on the top of the remote control green bar.
8- Having a web console for remote control will increase the likability of SCCM.
Finally it really be appreciated to consider the above which will improve user experience and will make customers to like and to use SCCM remote control more than any other tool.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Humam Al Khaled shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...