Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Application deletation without Task Sequence link depency

I would love to be able to delete Application, without first have to remove it from Task Sequence. You can do this with packages and with driver packages, but not with Applications, why?

The practical challenge here is, that we keep saving our old TS as backup, and this way same App is added to multiple Tasks. It´s hard to go all them through and delete one app.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
yannara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian Cerveny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least show which Task Sequence has the application associated with it. We have multiple Task Sequences knowing which one to delete the app from would be helpful. Or a function to delete application from all TS.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this motion. This is very annoying. Definitely have a warning saying that the application you delete will be removed from Task Sequence X,Y,Z, and from all the other places. But it is very annoying. I only have 3 task sequences to deal with thankfully, but I can only imagine for people that have more than that. I love some things about SCCM, but it's little things like this that make no sense that drive me nuts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base