Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Manage and Disable Business Hours via Client Settings

Currently you cannot manage business hours within the console using Client Settings. We should be able to set defaults, prevent users from modifying them, and disable them altogether. Our servers do not need business hours and in a highly virtualized environment we can see a global CPU spike at 10 PM when the default Business Hours end.

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bdam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a bad idea, setting the business hours on a server by default. When the popup occurs few if any administrators would just let the system do what it wants, so we always say to delay the request. This for some stupid reason enable the business hours. Why wouldn't, at a minimum, prompt for enabling them.

• Robert G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been bitten by the business hour thing on servers...rebooting when it thinks there is a maintenance window, SIGH, come on - we should be able to control that on servers and desktop machines.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. As the admin, I want to make the decisions on what the business hours should be.

this adds an unnecessary layer of complexity for the admin when dealing with maintenance windows. for example, i completely forgot about user defined business hours until i saw that there were multiple START and END entries in my rebootcoordinator.log

the fact that the SCCM administrator has no control over it makes no sense at all to me.

• Fazal M Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that we should have this settings available in Client settings. Right now if a users has enabled business hours from 7:AM till 10:Pm, there will be no patching done on his machine since after these working hours. mostly machine is off.

Many customer need to disable business hours when managing servers to help control the deployments. Great for users on workstations, bad for servers. Great idea!

• David Baglieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is understood that we want to empower the user but we should be able to control this via client settings. This is especially useful for custom settings assigned to all servers. We don't need business hours for servers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base