Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Task Sequence Specific Password

Please allow Task Sequence specific passwords. Currently the only built in option to password protect a task sequence is to password protect a PXE point.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phil U shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To put a password in a TS when launching from a full OS you can just use the "run another program first", found under Properties > Advanced. A simple VBscript that exits with an error if the password doesn't match. I think I have been using this since SCCM 2007.

• Starmantle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use AutoIt to create a simple prompt .. and check for password XYZ... Return exit code 0 only on success.. then you just need to put this EXE into your TS.. put everything after it into a folder.. with a conditional "if last step was exit 0' (I don't remember the exact syntax). Its not perfect.. but it should work.. I do something similar with the pre-execution hook on pxe boot.

• Joe Frisbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to password protect task sequences so they can only be launched during OSD when you know the password.

• Nathan Ziehnert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally - I'd like to see the ability to password protect specific deployments (OS Included) so that you could have them available to the OS at anytime but only can be run if password is correct.

Feedback and Knowledge Base