Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Change Deployments from Available to Required and Required to Available

We would love the ability to change deployments from Available to Required and Required to Available. Currently we have to remove the entire deployment to switch back and forth, and we loose a lot of reporting data during this process

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob Marsiglia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexandre Patenaude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Alvarez: it does not seem to work in my environment (Config Mgr version 1706).

I did create a Required user deployment for an application. I did not tick the "Schedule the application to be available at" checkbox, and left installation deadline at "As soon as possible after the available time".

In the Summary, it **is** written, though that the 'Deadline time' is Disabled.

Still, once the deployment is created, the installation starts As soon as possible. And if I go check the deployment settings after the deployment has been create, I observe that the "Schedule the application to be available at" checkbox has been ticked, with available time auto-filled at the deployment creation.

• David Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me, the solution for this is to always make your deployments "Required," then don't set a schedule for it. A deployment with no schedule is effectively the same as "Available."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very frustrating to not be able to do--in order to change from one to the other we must eliminate the entire deployment, which means losing all the reporting. This is one of the more foolish changes made in SCCM. Either I have to create an entirely new collection (wasteful, time-consuming, foolish), or lose all existing reporting just to make the simplest of changes that we used to be able to do just fine in 2007. I fail to see the thought process behind this decision, if any was actually used. Seems more like a mistake than a decision.

Feedback and Knowledge Base