Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Option to prevent Deployment on specific Collections

I would like to see the ability to prevent Deployments on specific Collections. (f.e. All Systems)

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
André [clientmgmt.de] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wade Bingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

setting High Risk Collection parameters is already available in SCCM 2012 R2 for Task sequence deployments. Why is this not easily expandable to ALL deployments to include applications and packages as well. Seems like a very logical expansion of an issue MS is already aware of and has worked to limit liability for.

• Wim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same problem, we have two teams and I would be nice to be able to disable deployments on large collections like All Systems /all workstations /all server...
    Or it would also be nice to add an additional right for collections like:" Deployments only on Child collections"

• Andre Huesser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly our issue. I tried to do it with security scopes and it works... But it's not practicable for a large infrastructure. Maybe be best way is to define other types of collections, e.g. Baseline-, Limiting-, Policy-Collection etc.

• Joe Gasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any collection. Be able to "lock" the members down against OSD, application, or package deployment. So when you've got this solid set of stable systems, you just want to patch and you want an added protection layer. BigFix has the concept of locked systems.

Feedback and Knowledge Base