Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Create and deploy Wi-Fi profiles with a password

Is it possible already to create and deploy Wi-Fi profiles with a password option? Without a password it seems not logical to me? Many customers are requesting this functionality for Windows 10 devices (during and after OS deployment)

/Henk

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Henk Hoogendoorn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin Myrup - ConfigMgr Product Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this today if you use the Import Wifi profile. You'd need to first manually create the wifi profile on a Windows machine, then export it to xml. You'd then import that XML using the wifi profile wizard in the admin UI and choose the import option. In your XML you can include the password.
    Note, there are security implications with doing this, since the password will be stored in cleartext (as part of the policy XML) in the SCCM database, and potentially as well on clients.

To export from Windows you should be able to use the netsh wlan commands in a cmd prompt.

• Terry R. Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bumping this up because it is still not an option. It is rather disturbing that this has not been implemented in Configuration Manager yet ... seems like a rather glaring omission. I know there are workarounds available but being able to include the WEP/WPA/WPA2 password should be a minimum requirement!

I would extend this to include iOS and Android devices as well ... competing products are able to do this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base