Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow to skip maintenance window for superseded appliciations made available to user collections

Currently when a superseding application is deployed to a user collection I can enable the option "Automatically upgrade any superseded versions of this application". With this option set I'm able to specify a scheduling for the deployment. But the option to allow the installation or maybe the system restart outside the maintenance windows is greyed out.

Would be nice to have the option to skip the maintenance windows for this type of deployment as well.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Frank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We deploy most of our applications as available. When we supersede, we want the option to force upgrade any device that has an older version.
    When we do that right now, it's waiting for user interaction and then waits for a maintenance window.
    We need an option to simply force the upgrade on any workstation that has this application installed.
    Right now we need to create separate device collections to force the install of the new version.

• kedia990 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. It doesn't help that we can't create maintenance windows specifically for application deployment only (like we can for software deployments and task sequences).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. So far in my testing, I have not been able to get the Available User Deployment with this setting working without user interaction. Would be nice for it to detect the superseded software and automatically upgrade it if checked.

Feedback and Knowledge Base