Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Allow custom icons for Task Sequences and Packages/Programs in Software Center.

Allow custom icons for Task Sequences and Packages/Programs in Software Center.

Currently the icons are all a default icon, which can be confusing for end users if there are multiple deployed to a workstation.

704 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob Pitcher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Stachowiak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that task sequence needs custom icon capability. If there are multiple especially if some are only used to install applications and not OS's it gets confusing. Also the default icon is tiny resize ti to at least look good at 256x256

• Martin Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely should be added, making SCCM more accessible for the end user makes everyone's life easier.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do it please! No way to deploy a Task Sequence on Software Center without an icon.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to add icons to Packages, not just Applications. sometimes we have legacy apps using .exe or in house .exe that we add to Software Center and of course there is no option to add an associated icon. Yes, we could do an exe pkg in Applications but it has to be built manually.

Either having the ability to add icons to Packages or the ability to build Applications with .exe would make be awesome!

• Yves Vandenbergh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, it would make the product even nicer. Also an interface to add custom menu items would be nice. Now we have to put in a lot of effort or use third party tools

• Fazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Software Center looks so messy without lots of icons so the users cant always see what they're looking for even though it's there as we cant add icons to them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need the ability to add custom icons for packages and Task Sequences, so when we prepare end user documentation it is easier for them to follow and find the right items, rather than various packages get lost in the sea of sameness.

• Dustin Walters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do use the Enabled column frequently, but that's not the point. The idea I'm bringing up is that we have icons in the console that serve no purpose that I can discern; why not make them useful and have them impart actual status information about the object?

Take a look at Software Updates\All Software Updates. We have a Superseded column, yet someone at some point thought it was a good idea to put that information into the icon as well, so you could easily see that status at a glance. There are Normal icons, Expired icons, Superseded icons, Metadata only icons, etc. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh848254.aspx

Under devices, a client's icon will show a green check to indicate that a client is online.

In a similar fashion, I would like to see the icons for other objects in the console "put to work". The icon for a disabled task sequence could be grayed out, for instance. If the task sequence has deployments, the icon could have a little green arrow on it. Maybe a red arrow for mandatory deployments. A similar thing could be done for packages, applications, and numerous other objects. I just thought task sequences were a good place to start...

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im just getting my company over to SCCM and every one cringed when our PFE said you can't set icons. Pleeaaaase do this. User experience is important. I'm now spending tons of time getting packages to run as msi applications just so we can have nice looking icons.

• Tra Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to customize the icon for packages and task sequences.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base