Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Create a node in the console with favorite action

It's possible to create a new node in the console with favorite actions.

Example:
Favorite\Frequent Action 1 (Device collection)
Favorite\Frequent Action 2 (Monitoring content)
Favorite\Frequent Action 3 (Application Deployment)

If you want to add any action in the console to favorite Node, just right click on the action and select add to favorite actions...

In this wau

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Merlin From Belgium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will refer to the Windows 10 File Explorer's quick access panel, where you can pin locations and see frequently used folders. In the CM admin console, there are the saved and recent searches, available in the action bar. It might be more intuitive to have the File Explorer quick access style copied into the admin console.
        PS You may remember this as part of the idea I submitted for the MMSMOA 2018 hackathon.

• AlLeluya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is in fact call for the UX redesign.
        Every time you switch from, say, Applications (\subFolder\subFolder\...) to Monitoring or Assests and Compliance, then have to go all the way back :\
        Why not create separate tabs or something like that ?
        I know I could probably open more consoles

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not simply a frequent action, but one able to traverse down into the desired folder for each favorite entry stored.

• saikamaldoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a favorites option to add all the folders we access 100 times a day. a new item called favorites in navigation pane where we can pin items. Eg : I can add a folder from compliance, add Operating system from Software library or a subfolder from Software library, add query folder or a individual query from Monitoring. Add distribution points or sites or Azure Services all in one favorites side pane item which will make it so easy to work with everyday.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a Favourites feature to the SCCM 2012 Console. Favourites would allow administrator to "jump to" various points within console. Entries in the list are managed per user.

Feedback and Knowledge Base