Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

See if a user is logged in and if computer is active or idle

Devices should show the current logged in user. Next to that should be an indication of if that session is active or not.

This would allow us to see where a user is logged in without having to wait on the userprimarydevice field to populate. Being able to see if the session is active or not will help us know if we can remote in without interrupting a user.

444 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseph Moody shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeployGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be very helpful. For our help desk to get machine names for incident tickets that are forwarded to the appropriate remediation team. Also consider adding a Primary Machine column to the users and users collections showing all machines assigned by the Primary machine algorithm. When there are multiple primary machines, the list should be comma delimited and the first machine in the list should be the most currently logged on machine. I know I am asking a lot, but if you don't ask you never get. Excelsior!

• Sunny Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In current 1802 is good and can see the info in Device View, looking for a update to let it show in all collection view, thanks a lot.

• Gary Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! I've been testing PDQ for a few months and they already display information like this.
        They show the current user and if it's disconnected or locked.

• Gregory Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recommend changing title to "Show current logged on user, and if session is active." I think this is a great idea, and would help our help desk tremendously with the ability to quickly find the machine that a user is currently using.

• Johan Schrewelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Policy requests are made on computer level. When assigning an application to a computer we regularly trigger a machine policy request to speed up the installation. This is not possible when user assignment is used, as we don’t know which computer(s) the user is currently logged on to. We can guess by checking for example “Last logon User Name”, this is however not live data and thus not very accurate. If the client instead reported who’s logged on as part of the user policy request at log on, we would know. This would allow to trigger a User policy request on the computer(s) that are “online” and the user has been reported as logged on to.

Feedback and Knowledge Base