Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

When remote controling, be able to see client side mouse move

When we remote control a client , the client can see the mouse pointer, but when the client want to show us someting, we cant see mouse cursor.

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
patrick blais shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Blenderman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are moving from Remote Assistance (msra /offerra) to Remote Control as its firewall-friendly but we also miss the mouse cursor very much.

• Shawn Stebleton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frequently when remoting to another user's computer, the user is trying to "point" to the item in question with his/her mouse pointer, but I am unable to see it. Users get frustrated in trying to "describe" where they are pointing. All of the other remote control software I've ever used have all had that feature.

• Jerry Dyson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe we can't see the cursor move when in a remote control session. Are you trying to drive business to Dameware?

• Paleee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it's really annoying that we cant see the remote cursor on a remote session. Why? Every time we need to tell our users to say where they actually clicked...

• Radu Bogdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello MS SCCM team ! Any news on this important capability? We use Remote Control everyday for a minimum of 40-50 connections every day. We are 5 people in the IT department and we all use SCCM Remote Control to connect to people's PC and help them out. This is crucial for our organization. I can't tell you how frustrating is when users try to show us where they click and we can't see their cursor. Users can see our cursor but we can't see theirs...... Please SCCM team, place this on your ToDo list. It would make a lot of people happy.

• Chris Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too see this as a problem. Especially when someone says, "My mouse is hovering over it", or if I ask them to show me what they're working on.

• Dave Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, it would be very useful to see where a users mouse pointer is and see when they click.

• Radu Bogdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issue with the remote control client cursor. We can't see when the clients want to show us where they click and what they do.

This would save a lot of Tylenol....

• Jonathan Weinberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might also be nice to server side see a flare \ visual indicator when the user clicks. You might be able to spot issues that could be educated away far faster.

Feedback and Knowledge Base