Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Complex scheduling: Enable patch deployments to servers based on SDLC (Dev / QA / Prod / DR)

Based on Patch Tuesday, allow application / business owners to select appropriate down time for the server as well as a sequenced order (e.g., Development servers during the first week after Patch Tuesday, QA on the second week after Patch Tuesday, Production servers on the third week after Patch Tuesday, et cetera). This allows the business owners to "own their own destiny" and get systems administrators out of the business of coordinating patching maintenance windows. In addition, the ability to insert "change freezes" that force the schedule to increment all downstream targets out by an additional week to compensate for the "change freeze"

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anthony Cheng shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move Server Groups to production. How many releases is this going to miss and instead stay in pre-release?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could start by just adding the same scheduling subroutine for the that is available for when the ADR runs to the deployment schedule. Right now it can only be deployed a set minutes days weeks or months, why can't we just pick a day in the future like every other schedule in SCCM?

• Chris Champlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have added the ability to do day "offsets" to just the scheduling for ADRs... But if that same offset function is available to schedules in Collection Maintenance Windows, that would be powerful.

• Joe Friedel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. I have maintenance windows I have to change monthly which I wouldn't need to if I could set them to be a date relative to Patch Tuesday.

Feedback and Knowledge Base