Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add ADR Timeframe of "Updates older than X days"

Today, we can deploy updates using an ADR based on a number of timeframes, but most will deploy updates that came out within the last period of time.

For instance, we can deploy updates that came out within the last month, but there is no 'Date Released' value for updates older than X or updates that came out within the last three weeks, for instance.

A number of my customers want to wait and let the community test updates before deploying them, and we currently have to be a bit clever with our timelines to make this work.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephen Owen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should be a critical priority for MS to address. This would prevent so many headaches that my company has ran into with MS Patch Tuesday updates being deployed too soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further, make the "Date Released or Revised" in the ADR criteria work like it does when searching for updates in the console. Provide "is on or before", "is on or after", and "is between" as options. Also allow "specific date." This would allow creating an ADR that picks updates from the beginning of the year, or the beginning of the quarter, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base