Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Software Center: Support multi-select of updates in the new Software center

In the new Software center you can only install applications one after the other. In the "old" Software center you could check each application and then install them with one click.

438 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Philipp Boerner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to add the "Enter Multi-Select Mode" into Applications? In the moment it is accessible only in Updates. 1702

• Kevin Wornell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just updated to version 1606 and there are not any check boxes for Applications. What the heck?
    Is this something we need to enable?

• @Martin - Good suggestion but I will just point out that this work is done! We shipped this in 1606 so everyone make sure you upgrade to current branch. There are other new features for software center also available in the 1607 Technical preview so be sure to check that out too.

Thanks!

Mark

• Martin Jurasek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Guys! It's just a client settings option for "Computer Agent". So if you need it you can always switch back to old fashion "Software Center". Just disable option "Use new Software Center" and you'll have back old Software Center with multi checkbox option :-).
    Have a GOOD one.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The real time killer here was finding the write words to search, I thought I could previously select all updates and patch. So in my quest to find an answer after wasting an hour trying to find how to do it... Yes I can select install all update (recommended) from the notification but could not figure out how to manually trigger a notification. Its fortunate my customer pays for the lost time, well not actually as it reflects in my lack of productivity. I was not able to locate any documentation which indicated I would lose this critical functionality. Would have been nice to know in advance anything changes with negative or less than equal to previous version. Now that Microsoft is moving to a service model with more frequent releases it would be prudent to pay attention..............

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please re-add the box! When manually patching it's very nice to select all updates..

• Bart Jekiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the tick boxes back; we've just upgraded to 1602 and had a 'slap on the forehead' morning when the support guys were trying to install 40+ patches on several newly built machines. The new 'functionality' is ridiculous.

• @Mike - It's not just preview releases that ship frequently. ConfigMgr current branch ships frequently as well as you can see by 1511, 1602 and, in the near future, 1606. Also, in this specific case, we left the original 2012 version of Software Center in the product and as the default end user application because we didn't want users to loose functionality they were accustomed to if they were reliant on it. So from that perspective, I'd hope your concerns are alleviated.

• Charles Herrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I switched to the new Software Center and immediately liked the look and feel of it; right up until i had to manually patch a server, then I switched back to the old version.

• The bulk of the comments on this idea were related to updates. What we shipped in 1603, 1604, and 1605 was support for multi install of updates. I've renamed this item to reflect that work. Multi-select of applications has been suggested here https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/13787757-software-center-support-multi-select-of-applicati

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous that this is not a part of 1510. 1511 etc. Who allowed this? Maybe that person has never used this product?

• BS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works:
    ****** WORKAROUND****** Run the old Software center in the meantime until this is added.
    The old .exe can be foundhere: "C:\Windows\CCM\SCClient.exe"
    If you dont have it you can launch the old .exe from a new client using the full unc path to scclient.exe.. EG: \\servername\c$\Windows\CCM\SCClient.exe"

• Bradley Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vote +1 for select all or checkboxes at least on updates. This is making server patching a nightmare as updates for servers are available so I can control when they are installed on particular systems. I'm looking at patching a dozen servers today all with about 30 patches waiting.

• JUSTIN MACKINNON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it really that hard to include a feature that has been baked into Configmgr for so long?
    I understand it's coming in the next release, but you already had the code to implement this feature; why not just re-use (I'm sure most of it could be recycled with little effort).

I would appreciate if the Configmgr team actually used the product as a sysadmin would before arbitrarily rolling out new releases. You might get a better understanding as to why this would be very frustrating to a busy admin.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base