Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add "Uninstall Application" option to Tasksequence

It is possible to "Install Application" in a Tasksequence. It would be nice to be able to "Uninstall Application" too.

899 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Roger G. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  ·  sangeev responded  · 

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Indeed, this is something Really missing, forcing us to use packages and duplicating sources to get the same result

• Taylor Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely concur with this one. It feels like an integrated piece that's been missing for quite a while now, without you having to duplicate the logic for different deployment types.

If you have an app you've added multiple deployment types and detection methods for and you have to add in commands or a script into a task sequence to do those same things, then you now have two places that you have to update your uninstall commands and detection for whenever a change is needed instead of just modifying the application.

• bennet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Although you could just duplicate the application and change the duplicate in a way so that the "uninstall" command line is in the "install" command line, all you have to do is then customize the detection method and there you go. :)

• TheLostBit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noted since March 2016, almost three years ago. Is there a real chance to have it in the nearer future?
    I can't understand why it hasn't been implemented from the beginning, when 'Install Application' got available. We always must be able to uninstall Software too, not only to install. And there is always a point when it is required to do it in a certain sequence. As the dependencies of applications do not support uninstall of apps (why???) we have to use task sequences. At least we have to go back to use packages again and cannot use applications as the application model is missing important features to use it consequently in practice.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly useful.

It would also be useful to allow for an application uninstall to be a dependency of an application. For example moving away from adobe acrobat to nitro pro it would be great to add a dependency to Nitro Pro to call the uninstall command from our Adobe Acrobat application.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is almost a must for inplace upgrades in W10. Need to uninstall my antivirus solution, need to get rid of some other things to before the upgrade, then do the upgrade, then install them again. So the only way is scripting - back to the roots? :o
    Additionally such a step would be muc easier to monitor and it could work with the already created application reducing efforts, reducing time for testing.

• nate berrier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many clients who need to regularly update Win10, but have security software that is incompatible during feature updates. Many clients are just now going through this pain. Id like to be able to remove software that slipped the cracks during upgrades

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. When creating an application deployment you can select the uninstall, so I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add the same function to a task sequence.

• Raymond Sanborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option in the SCCM task sequences to "Install Application" but there is not an option to "Uninstall Application". Given that the task sequence can call the command line syntax for installing, I am hoping that a solution can be implemented that will allow for applications to be uninstalled through the task sequence.

• Cory Brinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed with the incompatibility of some apps with Windows 10. Another use I would have for this is upgrading a particular application. During a maintenance window, I'd like to see my TS uninstall one application, reboot the PC, the install the updated application.

• John Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a real interest in this feature. Application are so much more robust than packages and to be able to use that in a task sequence would be really awesome!

• Adam Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was disappointed to spend time creating an application detection methods and requirements with intention to use it in a TS, to then discover I couldn't. I did consider initially simply using a Package/Program (which I may end up doing) but I thought the additional reporting, logging and detection/requirements would be well worth the work. What a waste of time.

• Ralf Korte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great option when running Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequences to remove not supported applications and Antivirus Software / VPN Clients

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely interested in this one. Samsung Easy settings needs to be uninstalled on about 100 of our machines and it has zero silent uninstall options. Would be nice to have a simple kickoff and pause for uninstall that the user steps through.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base