Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Add "Uninstall Application" option to Tasksequence

It is possible to "Install Application" in a Tasksequence. It would be nice to be able to "Uninstall Application" too.

638 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger G. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded  · 

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cory Brinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed with the incompatibility of some apps with Windows 10. Another use I would have for this is upgrading a particular application. During a maintenance window, I'd like to see my TS uninstall one application, reboot the PC, the install the updated application.

• John Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a real interest in this feature. Application are so much more robust than packages and to be able to use that in a task sequence would be really awesome!

• Adam Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was disappointed to spend time creating an application detection methods and requirements with intention to use it in a TS, to then discover I couldn't. I did consider initially simply using a Package/Program (which I may end up doing) but I thought the additional reporting, logging and detection/requirements would be well worth the work. What a waste of time.

• Ralf Korte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great option when running Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequences to remove not supported applications and Antivirus Software / VPN Clients

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely interested in this one. Samsung Easy settings needs to be uninstalled on about 100 of our machines and it has zero silent uninstall options. Would be nice to have a simple kickoff and pause for uninstall that the user steps through.

• Denis Markwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great option when running Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequences as this is a good time to upgrade software like Java RE and clean up apps that are no longer required in the corporate SOE

• Joe Friedel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be especially useful for applications that don't work with Windows 10 and can block the upgrade.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely on this one. It would be great to have the option to uninstall an application from the task sequence "Install Application" option or something similar. It would help people keep most items in the Applications workspace rather than having to come up with extra packages or command lines in order to uninstall in a Task Sequence

• Stephen K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be nice to do this natively without the extra step of having to create a package or special command line.

Feedback and Knowledge Base