Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remote Control Disconnects When Adding a Printer in Windows 10

When adding a printer on a Windows 10 client through remote control, the session gets disconnected.

It looks like others have encountered the same issue:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/5ntq4v/remote_control_disconnects_when_addingworking/

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Reading through the comments in this it appears that this is a bug report.

Additionally, it appears that this may not be specifically a problem with Configuration Manager, rather it’s an issue with a system-level component changing state and dropping the remote control session. Does this reproduce when using a vanilla RDP connection?

I would recommend filing a bug against Windows through Feedback Hub or contacting Support to provide more in-depth troubleshooting on this.

2. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    bug report  ·  2 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug : Registry not exist only Reg_SZ

This bug exist on 2012R2 and CB 1702

During OSD, on the option to execute task, when we select "Registry not exist" we canno't select type of registry : "DWord" or "Reg_SZ" it's greyed out

But during my OSD i want to check if a DWORD not exist to install application, and SCCM choose "REG_SZ" I have no choose. ( see attachment ) But during OSD the Task Sequence install my app, even if the DWORD exist because the REG_SZ not exist ...

Can you let the type of value available if we choose registry exist or not exist ?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    bug report  ·  0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix an InsString overflow bug in SMS_StatMsgWithInsStrings / Componet “Task Sequence Engine”.

If InsString5 exceeds 254 chars it overflows into InsString6 etc; in the process one character is lost and it also seem to trim trailing blanks making it impossible to merge the attributes, in this case InsString5 and 6, together to the original data.

The result of the behavior is also found under Monitoring | Deployment | Status | Action Output, where characters are missing in long attribute spanning messages.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix "Download content locally when needed by task sequence" option when used on a Task Sequence with pre-cache content enabled

The pre-cache content option for Task Sequences is great, however it doesn't seem to behave correctly when used with the "Download content locally when needed by task sequence" deployment option.

The documentation says that if the Task Sequence hasn't finished pre-caching the content before the Task Sequence is executed, it will honor this setting. However, we're finding that it will download the content before running the Task Sequence AND then try to download it again when it moves to each step (so downloading everything twice effectively).

If you allow time for it to pre-cache then it is fine, but in…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    bug report  ·  1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1803 TP - Custom Software Center tab bug found

If you put in a custom URL that accepts user input such as BING, and you type anything that starts with A, U, O, I or D it takes you out of the Custom page and drops you into the associated Tab that starts with that letter.

In this example if you type an "A" it brings you to the Applications tab.

Type the Word "target" into the Bing tab (see attached screen shot). When you type the "a" it jumps to the Application Tab.

We have a custom user request workflow URL that we want to embed into Software…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    bug report  ·  2 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the issue with Windows 10 image not unmounting during offline servicing

When I do offline servicing mode for Windows 10 1709, the wim will not unmounts. You have to do other dism commands to get it to unmounts, yet not commit the changes. I started to see this in Configuration Manager 1702 and still doing it in 1710.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Run Scripts - Executes on all computers when selected computer is a duplicate record

When you run a Powershell Script via "Run Script" feature, if the selected device record is a duplicated record (for example a lab computer re-imaged several times) and also its icon is the "question mark" one (if this helps), SCCM goes crazy and executes the script for all the existing devices.
    That happened to me. Fortunately, the script was harmless. Otherwise we would've had a big problem.
    Please, try and check it asap.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix CSV Export of CM SSRS Reports

When you export any default report from CM SSRS as CSV, each line of the export contains also the complete header information, makes the report unreadable and not useful for further processing.

The Issue is described in more detail here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/4a9ba696-e040-414d-b2f1-a24bfaf2289c/sccm-2012r2-reports-exporting-to-csv-incorrect-values-displaying?forum=sqlreportingservices

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ADR - Can't apply change "Deployment Schedule" in "Deployment Settings Properties" window.

■Actual result
    I can't operate following actions.
    1. Open "Deployment Settings Properties" in ADR Deployment.
    2. Change from "Specific time" to "As soon as possible" in [Deployment Schedule] tab.
    3. unable to click [Apply].

■Expected result
    1. Change from "Specific time" to "As soon as possible" in [Deployment Schedule] tab.
    2. Click [Apply] and then reflect changed settings.

Could you fix this behavior?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. After upgrade to 1710, database replication status has unknown status icon

Hi Team,

Today I have identified with three different customers with 1710 upgrade has some unknown icon status in database replication monitored item tab for Parent site and Child site.

Can you look into the issue.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Registry Compliance Remediation Fails in Wow6432Node

Suppose you want to set a registry value MyValue in HKLM:\Software\MyApp.
    MyApp is a 32-bit application.
    On a 64-bit machine the value should be set in HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\MyApp.
    You Create a Configuration Item for a Registry Value
    Setting
    - Hive Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    - Key Name: Software\MyApp
    - Value Name: MyValue
    - Don’t check ‘This registry value is associated with a 64-bit application’
    Compliance Rule
    - Value Equals some value
    - Check ‘Remediate noncompliant rules when supported’
    Create a Baseline with this Configuration Item and Deploy it with the remediation Option.
    Test this on a 64-bit computer.
    - When HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\MyApp exists MyValue…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix CM trace display when line of NULL in the logs

I noticed that when you open a log file with CMtrace, if there is a line of null, the trace is not able to display the following lines anymore.
    This happens quite often in SCCM clients.
    This has been validated and tested with Microsoft support as well.
    Attached an example.
    Last displayed time = 17:10:55
    Last log entry time = 09:19:15

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Changes to Repair Functionality (Bug Fix)

I found what I believe is a bug in 1810 and 1902 client releases of ConfigMgr. In some of my automation on clients I use the EvaluateAllPolicies method in CCM_ApplicationPolicy class. I use this instead of the TriggerSchedule because it returns a GUID of the job which I can watch until it completes then proceed with my automation. Ever since the repair option became available, this method attempts to repair applications that are already installed. This puts applications in a "repair failed" state if they do not have repair command associated with it. Once my applications are in this state,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scripting app Install to System with User Interaction works OnlyWhenAUserIsLoggedOn

In Powershell, scripting the User Experience for application deployment Install to System currently only allows you to use User Interaction if the logon requirement is set to "OnlyWhenAUserIsLoggedOn". This makes it a pain when trying to automate application updates. You can change this manually in SCCM (with a warning). If it can be changed in the UI then we should be able to do it with Powershell.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the 'Free' and 'Free Disk (%)' columns to sort properly

In the Monitoring\Overview\Site Status view, when sorting the site systems by free disk space, the numbers sort based upon the first number and not the actual size. With Single digit numbers being placed between the double digit numbers.
    EX: 65 GB free
    7 GB free
    71 GB free
    75 GB free
    8 GB free
    82 GB free

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. configuration manager doesn't update content on master Task Sequence when sub task sequence is modified

In SCCM 1802, when updating a step in a sub-task sequence that uses content, such as an application install or a package, the master task sequence does not update the content for the Task Sequence as seen in the References tab when the master task sequence is highlighted.
    When the TS is run on an endpoint, it gets the instructions for the updated Sub-TS step, but still expects the original content only. Since the new content requested is not in what was verified at the start of the TS, then step fails.
    Steps to recreate:
    1) Create a master TS…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CMPivot Administrators is not working for non-english versions

The PowerShell script behind CMPivot in 1806 is running the cmdlet Get-LocalGroupMember with a hard coded Group Name "Administrators":

$admins = (get-localgroupmember -Group Administrators -ErrorAction Stop)

This is not working for non-English versions where the groups is named differently. An easy solution for this would be to use the known SID for the local admin group:

$admins = (Get-LocalGroupMember -SID 'S-1-5-32-544' -ErrorAction Stop)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Randomly missing Information in Softwarecenter

We missing randomly additional informations in SoftwareCenter (Applications and Installation Status Tab), this issue is coming with SCCM 1802

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office 2019 Update with Proofing Tools not working stable

Updating Office 2019 EN with proofing tools DE/FR/IT with SCCM is just a pain.

16.0.10341.20010 --> works
    16.0.10340.20017 --> works
    16.0.10342.20010 --> not working

The 16.0.10342.20010 has not:

sp641031.cab
    sp641033.cab
    sp641036.cab
    sp641040.cab
    stream.x64.de-de.proof.dat
    stream.x64.en-us.proof.dat
    stream.x64.fr-fr.proof.dat
    stream.x64.it-it.proof.dat

Please make this more stable. It is not the first time this happen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base