Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3rd Party Patching - SCUP Integration with SCCM Console

Integrate the SCUP tool on to SCCM Admin Console. This will give a single pane of glass view for all patching activities (including importing 3rd party patches).

2,906 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      68 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re making some good progress on this. We’re going to deliver these improvements in multiple phases. Currently working on phase 1, which will make 3rd party patches easier to use out of the gate, just in the sccm console.

• delete each collection member from the database

The "Delete each collection member from the database" tick box clickable field extends to immediately above the "OK" button, making it extremely easy to select on accident. The field should only exist within the space of the box itself, or slightly outside of it.

30 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Access log files from Console

Make the log files directly accessible via the console rather than digging around in the file system trying to remember which file holds which logs and ideally make them accessible from a context menu in the relevant areas.

55 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • invoke-cmclientnotification improvements

In 1602 support in the Admin Console GUI was added for additional client notification triggers.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/manageabilityguys/2016/03/29/whats-new-with-configmgrs-client-notification-feature/

However there is still a gap in the functionality for this cmdlet. Currently as of 1706 you are still only able to invoke user and machine policy per the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/sccm/configurationmanager/vlatest/invoke-cmclientnotification

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Integrate the features of the SCCM Client Center into console

The third party application SCCM client center provides essential troubleshooting support for the client. Why not integrate the features into the Admin console?

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • DSC to replace or compliment basline feature

DSC is a wonderful framework for handling baseline configurations across Windows and Linux machines, but it's completely unsupported in SCCM directly. While a Pull server is certainly more simplistic than an SCCM hierarchy, it would still be very beneficial to have some integration in a couple of areas:

Management Points can easily be configured to host mof configurations for clients, and a new client policy class for allowing the SCCM agent to configure the pull server settings on a host would be great. Alternatively a new role could be made ... not sure that would feel as elegant.

The baseline…

113 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature will evolve from the “run scripts” features that first showed up in ConfigMgr 1706 tech preview. It lets you build a library of powershell, and execute them on demand. We will evolve DSC capabilities into this feature too.

• SCUP support or integration in SCCM Current Branch with Windows Server 2016

SCUP support or integration in SCCM Current Branch with Windows Server 2016

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • site restore

Add a way to perform a site restore to a system with a different name (but keep the same site code). In the event of a Datacenter Move, often times we are not allowed to retain the same system name (location based naming) and we end up having to stand up and entire new infrastructure and migrate.

While this is doable, it's tedious work and when operating in a Hybrid scenario with Intune, it means that we have to re-enroll the Intune managed clients to a new management authority. It's a whole lot of pain.

0 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Remove the option to deleted the members from a collect when the collection is deleted.

It seem odd that since you multi-select and deleted user / computers that you would need to have a prompt to delete the users / computers when deleting the collection.

The process should be if you need to deleted the users / computers and the collection.
                    - Multi-select and deleted computers. If there is a large number users / computers blocks deleted if number excesses High-Risk deployment settings.
                    - Deleted the Collection
                    - If the collection is limiting another collection. Then prompt if that collection should be deleted too.

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Select specific WMI classes or Logfiles in SCCM Support Center

It would be nice to have the ability to select specific WMI classes or Logfies easily within the SCCM Support Center. Right now i have to edit the config XML and sometimes the support center crashes. That would Help if you try to pull files or classes for specific Scenario from Clients and you dont Need all of them.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Transaction support for PowerShell cmdlets

today when using powershell cmdlet the action is performed direct against the server, as example, if you want to create an application, add couple of deployment types and perform other small changes, you end up with lots of revisions (easily, 10). when you have lots of revisions, this start to impact the performance.

it would be nice if we can have the cmdlets transactional, in this case, you create the object and the changes does not apply to the database, you need to "save" the change.

on the application example, you could create the application, create the dt's, changes, etc.…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow use if DeploymentID as identifier in Set-CMPackageDeployment and Set-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment

Set-CMPackageDeployment and Set-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment do not allow DeploymentID as unique identifier. Instead you need to use e.g. programname and packageid.

In the case of Set-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment this requires DeploymentName which is not even possible to retrieve from Get-CMDeployment

Please, allow DeploymentID as an option to identifying the deployment in these cmdlets.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Change temporary unpack path of Support Center Viewer

If i open a "Bundle" in Support Center Viewer all the data gets stored in:
                            C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ConfigMgrSupportCenter.Common\Temporary

It woul be nice to Change that path or to provide a path during the unpack procedure. Right now i have alsmost 8GB of data in that path and it seems to not clean up by itself.

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Set-CMClientSetting hardware inventory

Set-CMClientSetting for hardware inventory, add option to add/remove classes as well as enabled/disable attributes to be collected within a class

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • PowerShell cmdlet "Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow" should accept Window Time as parameter

Powershell cmdlet "Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow" should accept StartTime as a parater. Current implementation only accepts limited parmaters of collectionid, and maintenance window name. If you have two windows by the same name, with different start times... you will remove both by using this utility. I suggest it should also accept the StartTime as a paramter for specific window deletion. Maintenance windows are a point in time schedule, and therefore the Point in time should be considered as a parameter for removal. The current implementation of this cmdlet is dangerous, and cannot be used for finite window removal.

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base