Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the sort view behaviour

When sorting any area alphabetically (or using any other criteria), the view automatically jumps to the top (or bottom). This defeats the purpose of reversing a sort. For example, if I have 2000 objects in the view, and the object I am looking for starts with a "U", it makes sense to reverse the name sort to reverse-alphabetical, however, when I do that it dumps me at the bottom, meaning now I have to scroll *up* through 1800 objects instead of down. Please change this so that when a sort order is called for, the view stays in the sameā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. More robust control of system restart

Now we have only two parameters for Restart behavior: time to show the first warning and time to show the 'always on top' notification. It would be better if we can configure some user-controllable options. E.g. possibility to postpone a reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. change the display police on a Task Sequence Step when a condition exists

change the display for a Task Sequence Step when a condition exists for example change the policy or highlight all steps to identify quicker where some conditions are applied

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Terminal Server Awareness

With the new "Cluster Awareness" checkbox why not extend it to a checkbox for Terminal Server also.
    So whenever something needs to be installed on a TS, the "Change user /Install" command is executed, and after the "Change user /execute" command is executed natively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. The cmdlet move-cmobject FolderPath does not reflect name of Applications node

The folder names are different in the console and the cmdlet Move-CMObject.
    Console: Applications
    Cmdlet: Application
    Since this is a standard folder regardless of site code, the names should be the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Program

A workflow system (tab) for handling application/package errors (i.e non-zero return codes) for example; I should be able to config a setting of if the package/program gets an exit code of 1025 then handle it particular way or reboot try again 1 more time.

Suggested options could be
    - Reboot device, try again 1 more time (great for 1025 errors)
    - E-mail support team X on X failure
    - Execute package 'PackageID/ProgramID' then attempt 1 more time (great for clean up scripts)
    - Add to collection X on Y error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Clarify relationship between SC and SCCM

List of discrepancies treating CM "Configuration Manager" different from DPM, SCOM, SCORCH, SCSM:
    - The SC Roadmap makes no mention of CM. http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/9/6/59602436-C9C5-48A1-B305-827654B9077B/System_Center_Roadmap_EN_US.pdf
    - All the SC components except for CM appear to be on the same SAC (Semi-Annual Channel) software release train schedule with two releases (1801 and 1807) to date. https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2018/07/24/system-center-1807-available-now/
    - The Microsoft Docs URL for CM does not include "system-center", whereas the other SC offerings do. e.g. https://docs.microsoft.com/system-center/scom/ vs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like the start menu shortcut for software center on POSReady 2009 to work. We have POSReady 2009, which I believe is supported, and

I would like the start menu shortcut for software center on POSReady 2009 to work. We have POSReady 2009, which I believe is supported, and the start menu .lnk for the Software Center shortcut is not working due to "softwarecenter:" being the target in the shortcut. When you try to launch software center from the shortcut, we receive the following error: "Unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol "softwarecenter" does not have a registered program." I don't believe there is a "softwarecenter" file type. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. prerequisite

If prerequisite checker fails with a warning there should be an option to continue with the upgrade anyway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Expose some policy data through the SMS Provider

It would be great if there was a WMI class that we could query, or a method we could call, to verify if policy is targeted to a specific client. In complex OSD scenarios, there is no way to verify whether TS policy has been targeted to a device after modifying collection membership without accessing SQL directly. For example, a method that could be called with just the client GUID or resource ID and a specific Task Sequence policy GUID, simply returning True or False, would rock. This could be called every 30 or 60 seconds and the process couldā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Support MUI for the "Restart Computer" TaskSequence action description visible to the user

Especially in MUI environments explaining why a reboot is required can lead to confusion on the users side. Supplying a short description is nice already, but it would be even cooler if it was configurable based on the users display language.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Detection rule use application source files

Sometimes you need to run an executable to detemine if the application is installed or not. For example: setup.exe /listinstalled.
    today it is not possible to access the content location (mostly the cache directory) of the application.
    Is it possible to allow access to the content location of the application in the detection rule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Deployment Type with version when auto creating DT

There are multiple places where a reference to an application is only with GUID and DT name. E.g. logs.
    If the DT name had version number in the name, it would easy to see what application is referenced when you have more than one version of a product and thereby more applications.

When creating an application for a Windows Installer, it would be great to have the automatic DT creation process to include the version, if provided, in the DT name.

In addition, if the creation of a script installer DT could include the names and versions from the applicationā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. compliance items, add deployment tab to bottom pane

on the compliance item, add deployments tab with the capability of creating collection from the compliance item. You can do it on the compliance baseline but that is not sufficient as a baseline may have more than 1 CI so your target collection *MAY* have a mix of issues. *OR* just make it where you can deploy a CI in addition to baseline with same capabilities

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Enhance temporary nodes when viewing deployments

Opening Monitoring - Deployments, double clicking a software deployment, takes us to the Deployment Status.
    If i open the Error status tab and double click one of the categories, a temporary node is created, containing the affected computers.
    If the temporary node is left open and i go back to the Error status tab and double click another category, i'm brought back to the same temporary node.
    This is due to the node being limited to the status and not the category.

I'd like to have the temporary node reflect the category, not just the status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjust ZTIApplication to return error codes during installation

Currently, if an application fails to install due to a typo or error during install, the task sequence just continues on. It would be preferable to at least have an option for the task sequence to fail if an application did not get installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

17. Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation.

Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation. Currently, many deployments install as expected but are not detected after installation. Soon after the detection succeeds and subsequently resolves to "Success".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Flowchart : Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

Hi,

If possible, please provide flowchart for this scenario --> Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

(My issue is --> BITS error during TS predownload content, after cleaning bits jobs, predownload will never restart)

Maybe this flowchart will help us ?

Actually in Configmgr 1806

Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Possibilty to have application catalog for server objects

It will be nice if a server admin, have the possiblity to choose an application from the application catalog to be installed for the server (including the approval process).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add processor architecture (x64/x86) to Check Readiness step

Some task sequences can run only on the correct processor architecture e.g. cannot upgrade Win7 x86 to Win10 x64 or cannot install x64 OS to 32 bit device.

Add processor architecture (x64/x86) to Check Readiness step. Thus, the incorrect task sequence is immediately canceled if you try to install wrong architecture TS.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base