Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deployments should default to the safer option of "Available" instead of "Required"

Where available (Package, Application, Updates, or Task Sequence), deployment should default to the safer option of "Available" vs. "Required."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Need details pane for Intune Subscription information

It would be nice to have a 'details' pane when selecting a subscription, to maybe even show a little bit of status (like last time synchronized, number of devices enrolled, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add predefined action (to task sequence or application/package) to copy files/folders to user workstation (as user OR as system)

Often whole software config is a single file. It is a pain to keep creating batch files for a simple copy action

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Alternative way to install ConfigMgr Admin Console

Hello Team,

I got an issue when i have done the upgrade to 1602 version of SCCM vnext.

That brings me this idea : How to get the Admin Console from an alternative way than via the SCCM Servicing and Upgrade section ?

Thank you for your help
    Henri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 2 new options for MDT, define and use Deployment toolkit

Add
    MDT Define Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Package
    Use Defined Microsoft Deployment Toolkit

So you can define then just use the defined MDT Toolkit. This would make it easier when you have multiple Use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Package, in the TS. This way they wouldn't all have to be edited. So after you make a change/update your UDI for whatever reason usually applications upgrades.

This would same a major amount of time also ensure you don't miss one, and less time editing and testing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Hi. This reads like something that would be addressed with the ‘Daisy chain task sequences’ https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8339997-daisy-chain-task-sequences-osd-and-non-osd

With that you can updating a single referenced/child task sequence containing the MDT Package and any ‘parent’ task sequence will get that update too.

Let me know if that matches your ask and I’ll merge your votes with that item.

6. Enable option to run a Program as 64-bit process

Currently programs can only run as 32-bit process, so you need to use workarounds (such as sysnative) to run as 64-bit. I would like the ability to run a program as 64-bit, just like you can do with a task sequence 'run command' and application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Software Center icon on desktop

I would love the ability to put the Software Center icon on the desktop instead of burying it in the Start menu. That way my users have a quick and easy way to get to it. Maybe there's already a way to do it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable a running deployment on remote devices

Adding an option to force kill a running deployment, be that a Task Sequence, Application or Package, from a particular or multiple devices would be beneficial in certain circumstances. Not least when a mistake has been made or a potential critical error could be avoided by doing so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Upgrade Operating System Built-in Step: Add Option to Keep Files Only

Customer does not have the store installed and using the built-in TS step keeps files and apps. I know that the "OSDSetupAdditionalUpgradeOptions" variable can be used, but it would be nice to have the option on the built-in TS step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Thanks for responding.

We cannot provide a different migration options for the reasons I outlined below. Anything other than ‘Applications, Data and Settings’ will leave the machine unmanaged – while we developed the new upgrade step we tested them all.

I’ll see if I can source steps for reinstalling the Store without having to complete a restore.

10. add application catalogue install report

It would be useful to be able to have a default report created which shows the total number of software installed through the catalogue method. This would be useful when reporting back to management the amount of time saved through end users installing themselves, rather than time spent pushing out, amending collections, or manually installing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Application Controling

Ability to create a Rules for allowing Or denying applications to be Run or installed/ Ability to create a List of Approved software's for Usage and Deny the Rest "Same Idea Like App Locker but applied through SCCM"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Software Center should display when machine and user policy last updated

It could be nice to have a possibility to se e.g. in Softwarecenter when computer and user polices were updates last time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user messaging

It would be nice to have a ability to show custom messages to inform the user that a software installation is in progress and the computer must not be restarted or disconnect from the network.
    Something similar to outlook notifications.
    This should be specific for each package/application; and it should be available at least at begin/end of installation (or even in case of error)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Greetings - I'd like to see some of util to help read log files. It could show the list of logs and what each one is for and click to view

Greetings - I'd like to see some of util to help read log files. It could show the list of logs and what each one is for and click to view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We include CMTrace.exe in the boot images so logs can be read in WinPE, that tool is part of the SCCM Toolkit and can also be found on the site server under \OSD\Bin\\CMTrace.exe

For OS Deployment logs there’s a section here which helps – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427342.aspx – the main OS Deployment log is SMSTS.log

We have an open item for improving logging, copy logs etc – I’ll add your feedback to that item.

15. Change the sort view behaviour

When sorting any area alphabetically (or using any other criteria), the view automatically jumps to the top (or bottom). This defeats the purpose of reversing a sort. For example, if I have 2000 objects in the view, and the object I am looking for starts with a "U", it makes sense to reverse the name sort to reverse-alphabetical, however, when I do that it dumps me at the bottom, meaning now I have to scroll *up* through 1800 objects instead of down. Please change this so that when a sort order is called for, the view stays in the sameā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More robust control of system restart

Now we have only two parameters for Restart behavior: time to show the first warning and time to show the 'always on top' notification. It would be better if we can configure some user-controllable options. E.g. possibility to postpone a reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. change the display police on a Task Sequence Step when a condition exists

change the display for a Task Sequence Step when a condition exists for example change the policy or highlight all steps to identify quicker where some conditions are applied

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Terminal Server Awareness

With the new "Cluster Awareness" checkbox why not extend it to a checkbox for Terminal Server also.
    So whenever something needs to be installed on a TS, the "Change user /Install" command is executed, and after the "Change user /execute" command is executed natively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The cmdlet move-cmobject FolderPath does not reflect name of Applications node

The folder names are different in the console and the cmdlet Move-CMObject.
    Console: Applications
    Cmdlet: Application
    Since this is a standard folder regardless of site code, the names should be the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. MVP - DCR wanted for server groups

My customer has +_ 600 maintenance windows using the server grouping feature .

Feature Request Nr1 : They use the node drain / node resume feature with PowerShell. They are still modifying and changing the script almost every week . That script is used for those 600 collections :

a) a central repository/place to enter the script details and be able to reuse that for each server group collection like for power management custom templates .
    b) If they make a change in the ā€œcentralā€ PowerShell repository , it keeps history ( Like application revisions ) and replaces that automaticallyā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base