Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Client Cache documentation appears incorrect

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/manage/manage-clients#BKMK_ClientCache

The documentation here states that the Client Cache can be deleted using the Remove-Item PowerShell cmdlet, and implies the files can just be deleted without issue. Won't this orphan the cache elements in WMI?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribute Task Sequence content to cloud distribution point

In TP1802, new feature allow Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence via cloud management gateway, which is very good feature, so please allow distribute Task Sequence content to cloud distribution point. In this moment, clould distribution point is not in the list when try to distribute Task sequence contents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Select a collection and trigger clients to run a software update deployment evaluation cycle

Select a collection and trigger clients to run a software update deployment evaluation cycle. For those scenarios where you need clients to check for updates (now) prior to the default schedule (5 days) that you setup in client settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. GDPR Compliance

Please confirm that telemetry data from SCCM does not include any GDPR Compliance relevant data and document it on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Accurate Bug Updates Through Connect

It's quite frustrating to spend time logging bugs with ConfigMgr through Connect only to have bug submissions either incorrectly closed (i.e. closed as a duplicate but also closing the referenced bug - will it ever get looked at if all active bugs are closed!?) or being closed as fixed but not adding any information as to what the fix is or when the fix will be released.

Myself and colleagues spend the time and effort documenting these bugs with your products on behalf of customers so the very least that could be done in return is to let us knowā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Update ZTIGather.wsf for new Win32_SystemEnclosure values

Line 419, add values 30, 31, 32:
    Case "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "14", "18", "21", "30", "31", "32"

http://thinkdeploy.blogspot.com/2017/04/new-enclosure-types-for-convertible.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug in -Location parameter for Save-CMSoftwareUpdate

The -Location parameter for Save-CMSoftwareUpdate doesn't work. It always returns an InvalidArgumentException with the following message:

WARNING: File path '<file path>' does not appear to be a valid local or UNC path. Must be in the format of C:\myfile.ext or \\myserver\share\myfile.ext

Tried using local and UNC paths both in elevated and non-elevated PowerShell, both 32 and 64 bit instances.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix - Console locks up on disconnected/reconnected RDP sessions

In more than 10 different environments, over the past 5 or so versions of SCCM, I have found that my SCCM console will lock up when I have a disconnected session for over a day, then I reconnect to it. For example, if I leave a console, say, over the weekend, I can't do anything with it on Monday. I have to kill it from the task manager. Again, in many different environments. This is only on the site server, that's where I will typically log in and work. I have not seen this behavior in a remote console. Iā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal when device is enrolled by a Device Enrollment Manage

Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal will not be visible either in company portal or in self service portal i.e. portal.manage.microsoft.com when a user who has Device Enrollment Manager role assigned enrolls a device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. media from primary site

When creating stand-alone media, allow primary site selection

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Updating status, I didn’t receive any reply for expanding on what your ask was.

Standalone media is used for scenarios where there’s low or no bandwidth and also for recovery scenarios.

We do not allow specifying the Primary site – I presume this is for the management point, once the client installs dependent on boundaries, AD membership etc. the client will find the management point and register. (that’s assuming there’s network available).

Thanks and regards,
    Bob

11. Making PowerShell Cmdlets Discoverable in SCCM

Presently the PowerShell Cmdlets for SCCM require use from the console or running a separate script like below.

Import-Module "$($ENV:SMS_ADMIN_UI_PATH)\..\ConfigurationManager.psd1" # Import the ConfigurationManager.psd1 module
    Set-Location "$((Get-PSDrive -PSProvider CMSite).Name):" # Set the current location to be the site code.

An alternative would be two options (Neither means re-writing the Configuration Manager console.

One. Create a shortcut to launch the above script as a "PowerShell Configuration Manager Console"

Two. Leverage some variant on a solution found here on the TechNet Script Repository which drops in a Hardlink with MKLINK pointing to the Configuration Manager BIN folder with the correct name forā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. wake on lan

Wake on LAN server role

Today there is a possibility to enable Wake on LAN proxy role. But this is for clients and also require that there is at least 3 devices that can have this role. And there are issues with support for 802.1x networks.

Many of our locations are small, and we may not guarantee that we have any devices running. But each location have a dedicated server that run the distribution point role. So why not be able to add a dedicated WOL proxy role on servers instead of the clients?

This way we could also limitā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Console Client policy update for mobile devices

In the console you can currently force a policy update for a Windows computer. I would like this option to be available for mobile devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. task sequence variable applied to nested task sequence

It would be good if you a Task Sequence Variable created in the Parent task sequence could be applied in the child task sequence.

e.g.
    Task Sequence A sets the task sequence variable 'wibble' = True

Nested Task Sequence B has a step that runs if the Condition is set to run if Task Sequence Variable 'wibble' = True

Hope that makes sense.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Role-Based Administration for Scripts .

The Scripts node is great - I want to be able to control it with RBA - "only allow users in the XXXX AD group to run scripts scoped to it, to collections that they have access to"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Run user state capture silently

User state can only be captured to a state migration point with the associated task sequence steps. If a task sequence is created to capture user state, it cannot run silently. Additionally, since state migration steps are OSD steps, the warning message is shown to users before it runs

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  sangeev responded

Thanks for the feedback. Marking this completed – I fixed this in build 8181 so the changes would be present in the 1511/1602 releases onwards

Ran another test with current 1606 to double-check. Steps are:
    Request State Store – Capture
    Capture User State
    Release State Store
    Request State Store – Restore
    Restore User State
    Release State Store
    No warning message is shown

Which build are you using?

17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow 'Windows Store for Business' feature settings to be changed/removed

After incorrectly setting up a Windows Store for Business link, there is no way to remove or change this...

Users need to be able to change the storage location, remove links to the Store or be able to update the key if it has expired. Currently it just says "The AAD credentials supplied must be tested before continuing." with an OK button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Teach the Admin Console how to sort numbers

When sorting by Compliance % for some reason the sort is done as a string sort so 80% is a bigger number than 100%.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. automate testdbupgrade

This may be possible, but I've found no documentation on it. Is it possible to make the testdbupgrade process unattended. I've got 8 primary sites and it takes a considerable amount of time backingup/restoring/testdbupgrade. in preparation for a site upgrade. I'd like to automate it all. The sql part is fine.

Can testdbupgrade be specified inside the the configmgrautosave.ini ?
    so it could work with a command like this:
    setupwpf.exe /script *configmgrautosave.ini /nouserinput

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base