Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BootMedia Version and PackageID

Place a file on the BootMedia to identify it with the PackageID and the Package Source Version. If you have different BootMedias (Test, Prod, ...) or FieldService that does not know which one they used to create the USB Stick, it would be very helpful, to easily find the PackageID and the Version of the Media.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch the MDM authority from Configuration Manager to Intune

Migration path to change authority from CM to Intune without user interruption. This is documented as a feature to be released in 1610, but has not been released.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/mdm/deploy-use/manage-intune-subscriptions

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Run executable package content (posh script or exe) from RAMdisc

I need an ability to run executable content, especially posh scripts, in winpe from RAMdisk. I mean, then there is no initialised or partitioned disks in the system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. New-CMSoftwareUpdateAutoDeploymentRule 5.0.8373.1182 (1604)

Since release Cmdlet Library Update 1604 it is finally possible to manage ADR and multiple deployments via Powershell *bigsuccess*

unfortunately my previous powershell script for creating ADR's is not working anymore. Parameters for the Software Updates property filters are not getting applied anymore :( e.g Required is not getting applied
    'WARNING: BUG: Unrecognized filter type: NumMissing'

ADR will be created but no property Filters getting applied

Kind Regards

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it possible to show the Windows Upgrade GUI during an in place upgrade

Actually there is no option to show the GUI for the Windows 10 upgrades. The users want to know whatā€™s going on during an in Place upgrade.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Save-CMSoftwareUpdate cmdlet crashes PowerShell console

Sometimes, when the cmdlet comes across certain cumulative Office updates, it crashes the whole PowerShell console, which makes it very inconvenient, when this cmdlet is used in scope of a scheduled task. The thing is that in such case, the script just terminates like nothing happened, which requires some advanced wrappers to be built around to alert when such issues occur.

Here's the event that gets logged in the Application log:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 11/14/2017 7:06:37 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: --- cut out ---
    Description:
    Faultingā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. An easy button to regenerate default boot images after updating the Windows ADK.

An easy button to regenerate default boot images after updating the Windows ADK in SCCM. Maybe add a confirmation prompt/warning.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Updating status to completed – see https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/07/28/now-available-update-1706-for-system-center-configuration-manager/

Reload boot images with latest WinPE version ā€“ During the ā€œUpdate Distribution Pointsā€ wizard on a boot image, you can now reload the version of Windows PE in the selected boot image.

The Boot Images view will also show the OS Version (added a while back) and ‘Client Version’ which is the version of the OSD Binaries we inject on boot image creation/import and update

Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback

8. 64-bit only OS Deployment and 64-bit Client

SCCM should have a native 64-bit client. With most computers having more than 4GB of RAM, 64-bit should be the only deployment option available. Like Apple, it's time for 64-bit only!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. os discovery

It would be great if we could exclude certain OS's from discovery. I have over 5500 machines in my DB that I couldn't care less about but they reside in an OU where I have machines I do care about.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Task Sequence Properties - Advanced Tab - maximum allowed run time

Please document the page properties like it use to be with Configuration manager 2007.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693574.aspx
    What's append when time exceed?
    Can two tasks sequences run in parallele?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Client Cache documentation appears incorrect

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/manage/manage-clients#BKMK_ClientCache

The documentation here states that the Client Cache can be deleted using the Remove-Item PowerShell cmdlet, and implies the files can just be deleted without issue. Won't this orphan the cache elements in WMI?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Distribute Task Sequence content to cloud distribution point

In TP1802, new feature allow Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence via cloud management gateway, which is very good feature, so please allow distribute Task Sequence content to cloud distribution point. In this moment, clould distribution point is not in the list when try to distribute Task sequence contents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Select a collection and trigger clients to run a software update deployment evaluation cycle

Select a collection and trigger clients to run a software update deployment evaluation cycle. For those scenarios where you need clients to check for updates (now) prior to the default schedule (5 days) that you setup in client settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. GDPR Compliance

Please confirm that telemetry data from SCCM does not include any GDPR Compliance relevant data and document it on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Accurate Bug Updates Through Connect

It's quite frustrating to spend time logging bugs with ConfigMgr through Connect only to have bug submissions either incorrectly closed (i.e. closed as a duplicate but also closing the referenced bug - will it ever get looked at if all active bugs are closed!?) or being closed as fixed but not adding any information as to what the fix is or when the fix will be released.

Myself and colleagues spend the time and effort documenting these bugs with your products on behalf of customers so the very least that could be done in return is to let us knowā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Update ZTIGather.wsf for new Win32_SystemEnclosure values

Line 419, add values 30, 31, 32:
    Case "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "14", "18", "21", "30", "31", "32"

http://thinkdeploy.blogspot.com/2017/04/new-enclosure-types-for-convertible.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug in -Location parameter for Save-CMSoftwareUpdate

The -Location parameter for Save-CMSoftwareUpdate doesn't work. It always returns an InvalidArgumentException with the following message:

WARNING: File path '<file path>' does not appear to be a valid local or UNC path. Must be in the format of C:\myfile.ext or \\myserver\share\myfile.ext

Tried using local and UNC paths both in elevated and non-elevated PowerShell, both 32 and 64 bit instances.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix - Console locks up on disconnected/reconnected RDP sessions

In more than 10 different environments, over the past 5 or so versions of SCCM, I have found that my SCCM console will lock up when I have a disconnected session for over a day, then I reconnect to it. For example, if I leave a console, say, over the weekend, I can't do anything with it on Monday. I have to kill it from the task manager. Again, in many different environments. This is only on the site server, that's where I will typically log in and work. I have not seen this behavior in a remote console. Iā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal when device is enrolled by a Device Enrollment Manage

Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal will not be visible either in company portal or in self service portal i.e. portal.manage.microsoft.com when a user who has Device Enrollment Manager role assigned enrolls a device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. media from primary site

When creating stand-alone media, allow primary site selection

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating status, I didn’t receive any reply for expanding on what your ask was.

Standalone media is used for scenarios where there’s low or no bandwidth and also for recovery scenarios.

We do not allow specifying the Primary site – I presume this is for the management point, once the client installs dependent on boundaries, AD membership etc. the client will find the management point and register. (that’s assuming there’s network available).

Thanks and regards,
    Bob

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base