Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add wildcard support to Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow

I use a custom New-CMMaintenanceWindow to create a series of maintenance windows based off of which day Patch Tuesday falls on, and at year end when I create new MWs, I would like to use Remove-CMMaintenanceWindow to delete all MWs under a specified collection. Could you all please add supports for wildcards so it can delete all MWs?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. 12 months to decommission any SCCM site servers running on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2

Now that Configuration Manager vNext Build 1511 has been released, we have 12 months to decommission any SCCM site servers running on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2.

All the details can be found here - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt210917.aspx

I'm working in a large organization and our SCCM infrastructure is made of 1 central site, 4 primaries and 622 Distribution Points running the Windows 2008 R2 OS...and we can not migrate as many servers in just one year...especially in the middle of the fiscal year where the IT budget has already been reviewed numerous times and approved by our management several monthsā€¦

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. At last - tell us at which computers an update needs to be deployed

At the beginning of every hotfix or CU Publishing in the Internet, please start somewhat as follows:

"This update Needs to be deployed to the following entities":
    CAS (yes/no)
    Admin console computers (yes/no)
    Primary Sites (yes/no)
    Secondary Sites (yes/no)
    Distribution Points (yes/no)
    Management Points (yes/no)
    Software Update Points (yes/no)

Nowadays it is unbearable having an update news from you but no any clue where to install it!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. API for Microsoft Intune ?

To leverage stand alone intune in custom application , it would be nice to have REST API available for Intune

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Recommended SCCM 2016 infrastructure setup in Azure cloud

It would be good , if there is best practice documentation of setting up SCCM environment in Azure . It could include the supported configurations in Hybrid SCCM environment

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. I want XP/server2003 lite support in Configmgr 1511 and above

Stuck with adoption of 1511 blocking multiple customers from upgrading to 1511 that still have mission critical XP systems . (and yes customers are aware and customers are planning to upgrade ASAP ā€¦but it will take them a huge investment )

An example : I have a customer that is managing with CM12 r2 sp1 roughly 4000 Win7 x64 , 600 XP embedded , 2500 servers , 150 XP professional ,and 300 windows 10 clients .

They want to go to the 1511 build , but are blocked by the adaption as the 1511 client for XP Pro is notā€¦

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Discussed this with Kenny…

I’m going to mark this as completed – so you can all have your votes back. XP/W2K3 are out of support, but we do not block them in ConfigMgr 1511. They should continue to work as before, and you can “use at your own risk”, and “your mileage may vary”… But they are not blocked by the product. We especially wanted to make sure you could use ConfigMgr + OSD to upgrade those machines from XP → new OSs (which is one of the reasons we don’t block XP/W2k3). If you hit a bug, we won’t necessarily fix it… unless you can repro the bug on a supported OS.

7. 292 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Clients should automatically switch between SUPs / WSUS

Boundary awareness for SUPs / WSUS

Example:
    - Clients do not switch automatically to Secondary Site WSUS, if the Secondary Site was installed later as the Primary Site
    - Travellers / VPN connection within the company network
    - No automatic failback if Secondary Site server was done
    etc.

see also MS Support Case 115121413489660

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Boundary Group - Add/Remove/Set Site System

create a new powershell cmdlet to allow add/remove/set a site system to a boundary group

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Support the windows server OS being upgraded on Site Servers (in place), w/o backup & recovery or migration.

Older version of windows server are falling out of support, or are deprecated for ConfigMgr current branch. i.e. Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2. Support an easy way of upgrading those operating systems to newer versions of windows server.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Software Center: Add Approval Requests in the application details.

Based on the suggestion from Mark Silvey in the "Combine Software Center and Application Catalog into a Single application" thread, I decided to submit this idea on its own.

Now, with the updated Software Center, the only thing not in Software Center is the ability to do Approval Requests, and that's what's keeping me back from deploying applications that take advantage of Approval Requests.
    I've told my users in the past that ConfigMgr is a split user experience, now I have to tell them you have to use the web portal for the one tiny purpose of approval. We're soā€¦

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Modify the Configuration Manager prerequisites checker to look for KB 3095113 if Server 2012 or Server 2012R2 is detected

as KB 3095113 is required to do Windows 10 servicing and as WSUS 4.0 requires that hotfix in order to correctly display the Upgrades classification, the prereq checker should check for this hotfix and if it's not detected warn the user along with a URL linking to a guide explaining the correct order to install the prerequisites for the hotfix and that the hotfix needs to be installed directly after installing WSUS.

259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Collection Query re-design request

I am looking the issue/design from SMS 2003 to SCCM 2012 version. I am not sure if any purpose must be behind of this design of collection default query select * from sms_r_system.
    Whenever a user create the query based device collection, if there is any modification in the query
    He/she shouldnā€™t remove the entire query and apply OK.
    If user applies ok, its automatically select * from sms_r_system query will enabled, it will targed to all system which is ā€œAll systemā€ as limiting collection.
    It has serious issue in most the companies, deployment is performing by L1 or L2ā€¦

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Please do not install Silverlight by default in vNext

Please do not install Silverlight with ConfigMgr-Client by default in vNext. The new Software Center with the integrated application catalog don't need Silverlight.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. PXE affinity in Configmgr

We have implemented Configuration Manager 2012 R2 SP1 CU1, We verified Management point affinity works however it doesnā€™t work for PXE and PXE point randomly selects any Management Point.

We have a lot of firewalls and several MPs.

I could see below mentioned article with a workaround for untrusted forest.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2858397
    System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Client PXE boot may fail if the Management Point is in an untrusted forest

I could see similar not same feedback request
    https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8417961-osd-should-not-connect-to-internet-only-manageme
    OSD should not connect to "Internet-only" Management Points

It will be good idea to have PXE affinity like Management Point affinity

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. TMG replacement for SCCM IBCM

TMG is end of life and MS has not provided an alternative yet for SCCM IBCM to manage clients over the Internet. It would be great if alternatives like F5 would be supported for IBCM setup.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. OS X 10.11

Fix agent disconnects/not connecting issues on Mac OS X 10.11 clients

Support Mac OS X 10.11

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux/Unix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix Console performance on systems with touch devices

If you have a device with a touch screen, and/or digitizer/stylus, the Admin Console performance takes a huge performance hit on general use, and may lag for several minutes when performing simple tasks such as viewing "Users", "Devices", "Software Updates", etc. Disabling the touch devices in Device Manager result in the same action taking only several seconds. Confirmed on Surface Pro 3, HP All-In-Ones, and a variety of other devices. This issue has been reported to, AND reproduced by, our Microsoft support contact.

Example: I have a collection of around 1100 devices. If I view that on the server, orā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Software Center: Support multi-select of updates in the new Software center

In the new Software center you can only install applications one after the other. In the "old" Software center you could check each application and then install them with one click.

438 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base