Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Updates and servicing - Powershell CmdLet

Working for a company with several Configmgr hierarchies, it would be great with a PowerShell cmdlet to initiate and control the updates and servicing.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal when device is enrolled by a Device Enrollment Manage

Actions such as Remove, Reset, Reset Passcode are not available in self service portal will not be visible either in company portal or in self service portal i.e. portal.manage.microsoft.com when a user who has Device Enrollment Manager role assigned enrolls a device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Software Center: Add categories to maching targetted deployments.

The new Software Center in 1511 should also categorize Applications using the user category even if it is not deployed to users but systems instead. It should reflect the user category no matter what.

368 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. iOS Application deployment and Mac OS

The following link states it's possible to deploy app on Mac OS devices enrolled and managed with Microsoft Intune : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt627955.aspx

Right now it's not possible. You should remove the reference from the page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Software Center: Change Software Center to display Package Name as well as Program Name

It seems that Software Center is using the program name to populate packages within the interface. Many admins create a package with a package name that relates to the product being installed but then create program with a name 'Install' or 'Uninstall'.

When the deployment is available in the Software Center it can be confusing for the end user to know what software is to be installed.

Ideally both Package Name and Program Name should displayed in the Software Center.

See discussion here
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/140b36e7-7dc0-4194-86a0-9c81f4875fe2/new-software-center-missing-package-name

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Please bring the meta tags back to the documentation so we can search term

Back in 2012 and even 2007 the docs had a meta tag called appliestoproduct, which allowed to searched just the product docs for the version you were looking for.

This allowed the build of search providers like these:
    https://oscc1-public.sharepoint.com/tn-library-searchpage

This functionality is now no longer available

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Cloud Distribution Point fully functional

Enable appropriate distribution point functions on Cloud DPs like Group Relationships, Content, Boundary Groups, Schedule, Pull Distribution Point, and Rate Limits.

of course, PXE and Multicast would not be appropriate Cloud DP functions.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Software Center (1602) icons are blurry

In the new Software Center the icons in the catalog are blurry. I have attempted to upload new ICO's with better quality, but the results remain the same. Please consider resolving the quality issue and/or allowing larger icon resolutions above 250x250. The new Software Center is nice, but only if we make it that way with professional icons.

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. See if a user is logged in and if computer is active or idle

Devices should show the current logged in user. Next to that should be an indication of if that session is active or not.

This would allow us to see where a user is logged in without having to wait on the userprimarydevice field to populate. Being able to see if the session is active or not will help us know if we can remote in without interrupting a user.

444 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure BranchCache settings from Client Settings in the Admin Console

Enables BranchCache in distributed mode on the client
    Set the Port number to use
    set the cache size, ttl etc
    set other BranchCache policy items

Currently this has to be done outside of SCCM - makes sense to bring it into the Admin Console as other aspects of BranchCache config are already in the UI (DP config, deployment etc)

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Software Center: Show only available Software (Hide already installed req. Software)

New Software Center: show only available Software which the user actually can install/uninstall (hide already installed req. Software, which is installed as System)

212 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Software Center: Provide a console setting to remove the "Application Catalog" link from Software Center

Admins should be able to disable or remove the link to Application Catalog, from an end user viewpoint, we are not using the App Catalog, just Software Center. Since weā€™re using a 3rd party Shopping instance as well, it would be good to have a configurable option to hide Application Catalogue.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Commandlet for installing the Certificate Registration Point

There are commandlets for installing many site roles but this site role is missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Client Health Results

please, add a powershell cmdlet to check for the client health information, like we have on the console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set-CMClientSetting hardware inventory

Set-CMClientSetting for hardware inventory, add option to add/remove classes as well as enabled/disable attributes to be collected within a class

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set-CMClientSetting software inventory

Set-CMClientSetting for software inventory, add option to add/remove what files need to be inventoried

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow us to disable, hide or edit the "Confirm that you want to install a new operating system on your computer" popup

Wouldn't it make a lot of sense to be able to disable the "Confirm that you want to install a new operating system on your computer" prompt that you see when you launch an OSD task sequence in Windows.

Right now you cannot change this behaviour, in addition you cannot even customize the text.

What I'd like to see is the following (particularly with the Windows 10 Upgrade task sequence being used within Windows.)

• ability to DISABLE this popup via the deploy ts wizard

• ability to EDIT the popup's text to something more 'fitting' (think about Upgrade...)

and lastly (related)

ā€¦
    463 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Updating to completed. 1702 is released, see here for more details https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1702

From TAP and Tech Preview we’ve had some feedback, e.g.
    - make only the headline and first line required
    - have sample text
    - allow customizing where the task sequence appears Applications or Operating Systems regardless of properties
    If there’s additional feedback or changes please send them on either via User Voice, or mail.

Thanks

18. 64-bit PowerShell cmdlets

I use PowerShell for many products from Microsoft and other vendors. Of them all, the SCCM cmdlets are the only ones that are available only in 32-bit. So I have to open a separate PowerShell instance when I want to run SCCM commands. Or sometimes I am writing a script that runs 64-bit commands for other products, then I must have the script open a special 32-bit Powershell instance for the SCCM commands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Please improve accessibility of SCCM for blind system administrators.

SCCM 2005 was very accessible to system administrators who are blind. However, Versions after this from 2008 on are not usable. This has resulted in any system administrator who is blind who requires access to SCCM to perform his or her duties to find alternative responsibilities. Up to 2013 I happily worked as a system administrator. I loved this part of the IT industry. However, because so much of my job revolved around using SCCM I had no choice but to leave and refocus my efferts somewhere else. I ask Microsoft to redouble your committment to accessibility to include improvingā€¦

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Display active console users

I would like to send a message to all users who have the admin console open. Just a pop-up that warns them of a reboot, or if I need to send out a custom message to all active sessions.

I would like to also be able to see on the Administrations overview page how many Admin Consoles are opened up and connected to the site, and the user name. At the CAS level see all sessions if their are multiple primary servers.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base