Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Software Center: Provide a console setting to remove the "Application Catalog" link from Software Center

Admins should be able to disable or remove the link to Application Catalog, from an end user viewpoint, we are not using the App Catalog, just Software Center. Since we’re using a 3rd party Shopping instance as well, it would be good to have a configurable option to hide Application Catalogue.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commandlet for installing the Certificate Registration Point

There are commandlets for installing many site roles but this site role is missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Client Health Results

please, add a powershell cmdlet to check for the client health information, like we have on the console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set-CMClientSetting hardware inventory

Set-CMClientSetting for hardware inventory, add option to add/remove classes as well as enabled/disable attributes to be collected within a class

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set-CMClientSetting software inventory

Set-CMClientSetting for software inventory, add option to add/remove what files need to be inventoried

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to disable, hide or edit the "Confirm that you want to install a new operating system on your computer" popup

Wouldn't it make a lot of sense to be able to disable the "Confirm that you want to install a new operating system on your computer" prompt that you see when you launch an OSD task sequence in Windows.

Right now you cannot change this behaviour, in addition you cannot even customize the text.

What I'd like to see is the following (particularly with the Windows 10 Upgrade task sequence being used within Windows.)

* ability to DISABLE this popup via the deploy ts wizard
    * ability to EDIT the popup's text to something more 'fitting' (think about Upgrade...)

and…

464 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating to completed. 1702 is released, see here for more details https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1702

From TAP and Tech Preview we’ve had some feedback, e.g.
    - make only the headline and first line required
    - have sample text
    - allow customizing where the task sequence appears Applications or Operating Systems regardless of properties
    If there’s additional feedback or changes please send them on either via User Voice, or mail.

Thanks

7. 64-bit PowerShell cmdlets

I use PowerShell for many products from Microsoft and other vendors. Of them all, the SCCM cmdlets are the only ones that are available only in 32-bit. So I have to open a separate PowerShell instance when I want to run SCCM commands. Or sometimes I am writing a script that runs 64-bit commands for other products, then I must have the script open a special 32-bit Powershell instance for the SCCM commands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please improve accessibility of SCCM for blind system administrators.

SCCM 2005 was very accessible to system administrators who are blind. However, Versions after this from 2008 on are not usable. This has resulted in any system administrator who is blind who requires access to SCCM to perform his or her duties to find alternative responsibilities. Up to 2013 I happily worked as a system administrator. I loved this part of the IT industry. However, because so much of my job revolved around using SCCM I had no choice but to leave and refocus my efferts somewhere else. I ask Microsoft to redouble your committment to accessibility to include improving…

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display active console users

I would like to send a message to all users who have the admin console open. Just a pop-up that warns them of a reboot, or if I need to send out a custom message to all active sessions.

I would like to also be able to see on the Administrations overview page how many Admin Consoles are opened up and connected to the site, and the user name. At the CAS level see all sessions if their are multiple primary servers.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Software Center: Add the ability to customize Software Center

Create a Software Center Builder similar to the Admin Console Builder application. The ability to customize the Software Center is a frequent ask from customers and this would provide the ability to customize elements to improve end user usability, such as hiding elements that may confuse customers.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This capability is available in the 1710 release of Configuration Manager. More details available here https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/11/20/now-available-update-1710-for-system-center-configuration-manager/. There are a lot of different suggestions on this one. This work represents just a few:

1. Ability to hide/show tabs
    2.Company name/Logo/Color separate from Intune
    3. Framework to add additional customizations (more quickly) in future releases based on feedback.

If your particular comment/request is not one of these please give us the feedback through a new suggestion. We’re very interested in seeing the feedback.

Thanks!

Mark

11. WinPE PeerCaching - Applications

Add the ability to cache Applications via WinPE PeerCaching. This would allow admins to fully pre-populate a location with content: This would be huge, and a game changer for a lot of organizations that don't own a 3rd party solution.

The WinPE PeerCaching, as it is now, works great, for the content it can do. Adding Applications would make this a complete solution, instead of a stop gap to a 3rd party solution.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Finnish client has a typo in the balloon notification

Finnish client shows balloon notification as in the attached screenshot.
    The text says, Näytä vaihtoehdot naspauttamalla tästä and it should be Näytä vaihtoehdot napsauttamalla tästä.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Language/translation issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add tile vs list display option on the SW Center Applications tab.

Currently entries in the Applications tab in Software Center are displayed in tile mode. This is not practical when having a lot of entries.

It would be good to have an option to switch between a list view and the current tile view.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Request to add support for Distribution Point Maintenance mode

Situations where maintenance mode is useful/needed:
    1. When the system (hardware) is in transit from the location where it was installed to the site where it is to be used in production.
    2. When the system is down for other maintenance (software patching and updates, OS configuration changes, hardware reconfiguration and other external factors causing planned or unplanned downtime).
    The above outlined method for installing new DPs to remote locations is widely used for various reasons (For example to have a dedicated team at one location install machine and to avoid having to copy a large content library across WAN…

310 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add missing InstallationBehaviourType parameter to new DeploymentType cmdlets in SCCM Powershell Cmdlets.

This goes for all new Add/Set-CM*DeploymentType but for my example, I'll refer to Add-CMScriptDeployment.

An example below is my generic Script Deployment Type.

Add-CMScriptDeploymentType `
    -ApplicationName "$PublicName" `
    -DeploymentTypeName "$AppName Client" `
    -ContentLocation "$AppLocation" `
    -InstallCommand "$InstallStr" `
    -UninstallCommand "msiexec /x $MSICode /qn" `
    -MaximumRuntimeMins 720 `
    -LogonRequirementType WhereOrNotUserLoggedOn `
    -UserInteractionMode Hidden `
    -ProductCode
    -ScriptLanguage PowerShell `
    -ScriptText $scriptDetect

When this is run, the DT is created with the Installation Behaviour set to the default value of "Install for system if resource is device; otherwise install for user"

The previous version of this cmdlet - Add-CMDeploymentType had the parameter available…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Powershell cmdlet to download all software updates in a Software Update Group

There are Powershell cmdlets to create software update groups and to add software updates to a specific software update group but no cmdlet to download all the updates in a software group - this has to be done manually

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Supercedence behavior

This is definitely in the catagory of a bug or design change.

Consider this scenario:
    * app A deployed to a number of machines via required deployment
    * app a Version 2.0 comes out, we create a supersedence for the old app
    * deploy Version 2.0 to a small collection with an 'Available' Deployment
    * witness in horror as machines automatically begin applying the updated version
    * check the deployment after the fact and discover that a check box of ''Automatically upgrade any superceded versions of this application' has now appeared in the deployment, and is forced checked.

No where…

878 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. chained installation of Applications

We have certain applications which needs to be installed together. Like 30 to 40 MSi files related to same application. One of the MSI files is main application and rest of them have to be installed in a sequence. Currently we can do this sequence installation by creating dependencies of application to another application and thus creating a chain. But if anyone application fails to install in the chain,remaiinign applications fail to install. It also not possible to see in the GUI of software center to check which application failed. We have to go to log files to know this.

…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SCEP: Option for admins to turn off scanning of Network Drives without adding exclusions

I suggest a optional check box to disable the scanning in real-time of files on network drives. Other AV products have such functionality. This would be simpler and more fool proof than adding all network drives a company might have to their exclusion lists.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base