Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Last Distribution Point" to Asset Columns

Add "Last Distribution Point" to the options for columns in the Assets list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Warning message for high-impact collection changes

When I started working with SCCM years ago I was told that you're not really an SCCM admin until you accidently deployed MS Office to the whole company. Through my years of working with SCCM I've seen many people update a collection not knowing that there was a mandatory deployment attached which resulted in the deployment getting sent to systems that were not intended.
    I would like to see a check/notification box added when a query based collection is updated that reminds you of the required deployments attached. This message will only show if an unexpired required advertisement is still…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 80072ee2 as a default code to the WSUS Scan Retry Error Codes

If a SUP/WSUS server is offline or in a disaster situation, clients should be allowed to failover to another SUP.

Currently if a SUP goes offline, clients simply will never scan again, and this is not an ideal situation.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Phased deployment support for PowerShell cmdlets

Phased Deployment Powershell Cmdlets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow additional customization of the task sequence dialog

Please allow additional customization in the Task Sequence High Impact Dialog Box. Enable or Disable the Individual Comment Boxes completely, and allow Hyper Links to launch a web page with more information.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow export all task sequences or folder of task sequences

We have many task sequences, sorted into folders for multiple users, when it comes to archiving them, it's tedious, we'd like to archive multiple task sequences by user (or by folder), this would be great, right now you have to export one task sequence at a time which is tedious.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remote Control: Improve Multi-Monitor Experience

Business Case (I know how you PMs love these):
    The current CB 1902 implementation is going to make this conversation part of our helpdesk script:
    “What screen is the app on?”
    “Can you move that window to the monitor where X is showing?”
    “No, not that one.”
    “Nope, still don’t’ see it”
    “Ok let me reconnect in full screen, please accept the prompt again.”
    “No no no, don’t hang up the phone, that’s not how this works.”
    “Ok, you should see a prompt to allow me to connect.”
    “Nope it’s there, trust me.”
    “Got it, thanks. Ok, let me move…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Maximum allowed Management Points for a Primary Site.

We use a multitenant SCCM environment with clients/customers in untrusted forests.
    Because we target users, we also deployed the Management Point role in all untrusted forests.

At this moment Configmgr only supports up to 15 management points per primary site coming from 10 in the past.

We would like to see the maximum allowed management points per primary site bumped to a higher level.
    This will give us the ability to stay with a single primary site setup and avoid CAS.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Multi-Tenant/ISP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable New-CMBootableMedia to use a Cloud DP (or Content enabled CMG)

This Cmdlet does not support using a cloud distribution point as the distribution point source (and neither does the GUI).

This means that in order to use this feature we have to have an on-premise DP purely for this purpose.

Regards
    Wayne

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set-CMAutoDeploymentRuleDeployment to include missing AllowWUMU and AllowUseMeteredNetwork

Although you can now add multiple deployments to a single Automatic Deployment Rule there a couple of options that can be read but not set. These are:

"If software updates are not available on the distribution point in current, neighbor or site boundary groups, download content from Microsoft Updates."
    and
    "All clients on a metered internet connection to download content after the installation deadline, which might incur additional costs"

I can successfully retrieve all Deployments associated with an Automatic Deployment Rule via the Get-CMAutoDeploymentRuleDeployment cmdlet and see the current settings for these properties by parsing the DeploymentTemplate XML.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visual for Task Sequence

Can we get a visual indicator for task sequences, displaying the distribution status of all dependencies/applications?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating status to Noted.

In the Task Sequence view there’s a ‘References’ tab. That shows all the statically referenced packages, applications, OS images, driver packages etc. and the distribution status.

There’s a column ‘Targeted’ which is the number of distribution points used for the package/app. The ‘Compliance’ column indicates distribution status. Each column can be sorted for quick indication of distribution status.

For each item in this list you can right click to select ‘View Content Status’ if you require granular detail.

Does that meet your requirements? If not, please let us know.

12. AD computer object description

Setting the AD computer object description should be allowed inside a task sequence during the domain join operation.
    Whether or not this is on the dialog box, is not important to me. I'd be happy setting a TS variable (ie. OSDComputerObjectDescription)

Alternatively, we could use a PowerShell script using different credentials (which Task Sequences also do not allow). Similar to the way
    the "Run Command Line" allows the input of credentials.

Right now we have to use a kludgy "Run Command Line" using credentials and run
    a batch file that calls something like: PowerShell.exe -executionpolicy Bypass -command pscommandhere
    or: PowerShell.exe…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Merge two resources with the same MAC Address

If I import a new computer using its MAC Address but later I install manually the client in the actual computer, two resources with the same name end up in the SCCM Database.
    An option to make the default action merging both resources or just associating the client DDR to the manual import.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. media from primary site

When creating stand-alone media, allow primary site selection

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WPF Support in WinPE

A lot of folks are building WPF apps and frontends that are used at the start of OSD. The most recent PE has stopped supporting this all together. I'm not sure if this is the correct user voice, but the ability to whip up an app to run in PE makes OSD a lot more flexible. It'd be excellent to have it back and to have it be a bit more robust.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating status to Noted.

Thanks for the feedback, certainly understand the frustration at not being able to use WPF anymore.

I’m not really sure what to do with this item as we do not own WinPE. Also, the documentation here – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-add-packages--optional-components-reference – calls out WPF is not supported.

There’s some more information and a workaround posted here – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10-AMA/WPF-Support-in-WinPE-for-ADK-1809/td-p/301520

You mentioned ‘correct user voice’ – I could not find one for WinPE. This is the Windows Server UV – https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback

Let us know if any of this information helps.

17. Pass script parameters with Invoke-CMScript

Allow the Invoke-CMScript to pass script parameters. This could be done with a ScriptParameter hashtable similar to how Invoke-CMReport functions.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Port De-duplication technology of Distribution Point to Client

While at the distribution point a hashed file method is used to keep different applications using the same file, the really need fro this, in my opinion, should be the client computers, we have faced a really annoying case where to install 4 different applications (visio, visio pro, project, and Office suite) the same group of files are used , Office 365 installer, so it cam be 2.5GB four times if all the apps have to be installed at the device. this has a severe penalty at the storage and the network at the user device

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Install Servicing Stack Updates Before Other Updates

Currently, when servicing stack updates and regular updates are deployed in the same software update group, the patches do not apply in a determinant order. This leads to cases where a cumulative update that requires a new servicing stack is installed before the servicing stack itself.

While this can be worked around by separately deploying the servicing stack update before updates that require said servicing stack, it would be much more convenient if the update installation process checked if there are any servicing stack updates to be deployed and automatically installed them first

913 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Boot Image Azure Powershell

Include option to inject Azure Powershell Cmdlets (including Azure Automation) into Boot Images. As many organizations are moving to the cloud, including the ability to login and run tasks in Azure is a must.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Updating status to noted.

This item is very similar to "Add “AD Powershell Module” as Optional Component for boot images"

We had to decline that as we cannot ship or take a dependency on the AD module. Similarly we won’t be able to take a dependency on Azure PSH module – we can only add what’s in the ADK.

Your ask covers a bit more ground with the ability to run tasks in Azure so I’ll leave as noted for now.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base