Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add specific data regarding the clients connected to the Clound management Gateway

We would like to get specific data regarding the clients connected to the CMG, (TotalRequests, TotalResponseBytes, LastRequestTime) which are currently present in ProxyIdentityReport table.
    However, in Proxy
    IdentityReport table we cannot see the names of the machines, which makes the table useless as the machines from this table cannot be identified.
    The need is to have either a new column attached to ProxyIdentityReport table containing the machine names, or a different solution (query, table, report ..) which contains the data from ProxyIdentityReport table + the machine names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Configuration Baseline Non-Complaint Summarization Time

For non-compliant Configuration Baseline monitoring it would be nice to see when the last time the client reported the baseline when looking at the baseline under Deployments. For Windows Update deployment monitoring you can add the column for Last Enforcement Message Time which shows you the last time it errored or succeeded.

When you have multiple Configuration items in a baseline, lets say for a workstation baseline. It would be nice to see the last time it ran based on clients that may now be offline for 2 weeks, that will eventually fall off, or come back online in aā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Phased Deployment: Allow editing of purpose

Make Phased Deployment more flexible by allowing to edit purposes for the phases.
    Scenario: Software Deployment via Phased Deployment
    Phase1: Deployment "Required" to "Testcollection"
    Phase2: Deployment "Available" to "All Users"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow SCCM deployments to use the same Wake On Lan Functionality as Client Notificaiton Service.

Currently the option "Send Wake-Up packets" in Deployments utilizes the old WoL method of relying on the ARP cache and or a WoL Proxy. Would be great if deployments used the same method that client notification is using in Assets and Compliance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Rerun failed task sequence steps

Customers are using Task Sequences to organize and build complex processes. Sometimes several steps fail. It would be great to have not only an option to rerun the whole task sequence, but only execute the failed steps or begin the sequence in the first failed step. This could help to reduce failed deployments.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deployment & Script Monitoring Status "Created By" Column

Provide ability to show who created the deployment or run the script for both deployment and script monitoring nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deployment Status - Add additional column for Primary User or Logged on User

When viewing deployment status (specifically an application or update deployed to a device collection), a simple and easy win would be to add additional column for Primary User and/or Logged on User for all the compliant states (Compliant, In Progress, Error, and Unknown)

The columns that are currently there are:

Device
    User
    Software
    Collection
    Status Type
    Deployment Type

User column does not show helpful information, only SYSTEM.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide package content download progress in log file

When deploying a software update, the UpdateDeployment log gives you a regular progress update on the content deployment to the client, using the PercentComplete value. Please can we have something similar for monitoring progress when a client is downloading content for a package or application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open Deployments "In New Tab"

It would be nice to see the Deployments Node in the Monitoring Workspace have an option to open a deployment without losing my search results. Maybe something similar to "Open in New Tab" you see in a browser. When I am looking at multiple deployments, I don't like having to go back and forth between the search results and the deployment status I am monitoring. I would like to be able to open multiple and then view after I've selected the ones I want to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Move all the dashboards currently residing in the Software Library into the Monitoring workspace

As stated, it would make sense for the dashboards for Win 10 Servicing, Office 365 and DA to be locate in the monitoring workspace where we monitor things in CM.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move all the dashboards currently residing in the Software Library into the Monitoring workspace

As stated, it would make sense for the dashboards for Win 10 Servicing, Office 365 and DA to be locate in the monitoring workspace where we monitor things in CM.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to show "Install Time" in Available deployments monitoring

When looking in Monitoring at the status of a deployment, it would be useful to add a heading of "Install Time" to the Asset Details window to show the time when a user actually installed the deployed app or package. Rather than just Deployment Time that is available now and only shows the time/date you deployed the app which you already know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export Asset Message

When looking at the Asset message - Action Output it disappears after a few seconds? allow the Asset message to be exported so you look at the action output in more depth based on the exit code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom Tab for Monitoring Deployments

Any chance you guys could make an option to have a custom tab for monitoring deployments? I use the Powershell App Deployment Toolkit and it sends error code 60012 when the user defers the installation, It would be nice if I could create a custom tab for that error code with a custom pie color that lets me know how many users have selected the defer option. Or at least make it so I can label my errors, I have tried using Return Codes but the error name and description is always Unknown Error (60012) inside the console.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dynamic line numbering in Task Sequence

Use dynamic line numbering in task sequence, to better see how far the OSD Deployment is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show who created a deployment

A column for the creator of a deployment would be extremely helpful. With 15 admins in my environment, I have no idea who's creating deployments without digging in logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deployments section could include Packages and not just Applications.

Just a thought but Applications has a nice deployments section where you can easily see how the deployments have gone. Packages on the other hand doesn't have this convenience and you need to pull up reports to get some quick insight.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Monitoring > Deployments sub-folder

create subfolders under Deployments , the ability to organize all deployments by creating sub-folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deployment End Time

It would be wonderful to have a deployment End Time to match the Deployment Start time for active or past deployments. This would allow a quick reference to see when deployments have started and ended.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Monitoring/Deployments filters don't stick

We have dozens of software updates going on around the clock, frequently I filter on time frames in the deployment names ( since we can't do time ranges on the filter just days we add deployment times to the names of the deployments ) and when we drill down on the deployment to look at status ( these are monthly MS patching ) and then go back to main monitoring view we have to redo the filter.

I would like to pin the current filter as the default so it stays that way until I clear the filter

Would alsoā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base