Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-select criteria

Add the ability to select multiple criteria in the console, for example:

Update Classification is Security Updates or Critical Updates

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. SCCM - configuration manager - option to search on "approximate string matching"

SCCM - configuration manager:
    Actually a basic search tool is possible

I propose to add an option in the search tool to search on approximate string matching
    Cfr. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approximate_string_matching

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a button in ConfigMgr to remove expired secret keys

Currently the only way to get rid of expired secret keys in ConfigMgr (At least what i told by a MS Supporter) is to delete them with following SQL query:
    Delete from AADApplicationEx where ClientID=""

To make things easier it should be possible to do this through a button in the ConfigMgr Console.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Clickable url

Please make link clickable in More details on Updates and maintenance page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cumulative ConfigMgr updates.

When upgrading to new version (i.e.. 2103) it would be Super nice if that could also include any hotfixes that has been released so far(i.e., KB10036164)
    In and environment with CAS that usually means the CAS detects the new patch is needed while you are still waiting on the Primary Sites to upgrade, then you have to go and do it again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve CMPivot logging, audit messages

We would like to give CMPivot to some operators in our organization but when reviewing the feature noticed that the logging and audit messages around this feature are lacking. Al that is logged is that someone used cmpivot.exe

What we would like to see is who ran it, what they ran it against, individual computer or collection ID and ideally what their query was that was executed.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 450 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Scopes on Security Accounts

Allow scopes to be set on Security Accounts (\Administration\Overview\Security\Accounts).

Some companies have a single site that spans several countries. Often times, there are regulations that do not allow admins in one country to know the passwords of service accounts in other countries.
    This can be problematic when companies are tightening up security and starting to require more frequent password changes on service accounts.

I would like to be able to allow someone from each country to manage their own service account passwords within ConfigMgr.

Currently an admin must have Modify permissions on the Site to change passwords of those accounts.ā€¦

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Community hub: Add rating option and list view

The Community Hub is really cool but it's difficult to keep the overview. A list view with filter option and the possibility to rate solutions would be great.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When the Bell comes up to install a new Extension.

When the Bell comes up to install a new Extension we should have a description of what the option is used for. Or a link with the information. Not all components are useful to all admins or users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to connect to Configmgr community without console

Our Configmgr system is run on a network that does not connect to the Internet. I cannot connectot Community Hub from this system. If I try to connect via web browser on a system connected to the Internet it says I can't and that must use the condole.

I'd like to emphatically suggest you provide a way to connect to and download from the community hub via web browser in addition to the configure console.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tool tip on device active status icon

Customers ask me all the time the icon really means. Especially when they confirm a device is powered on and responds to a remote ping. An simple explanation of the icon would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-size Columns when looking a tabs in a deployment?

While in MEMCM 'Console', when I go to troubleshoot a deployment on the 'Error' tab, I auto-size the columns for my view so I can see info. Can this be the default?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to see reports like (Compliance -5) on a specifc devices directly from Device screen

I am always using the device screen with the tabs at the bottom but have to navigate to monitoring and then compliance to find and run compliance report. Make the reports available for the device from the device screen please

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow URLs in the console to open in default web browser.

Learn more URLs in the console such as the ones on the O365 client pilot and health or windows analytics servicing dashboard all open in IE11 instead of the default browser.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Show the BMC IP address in the Summary tab for a device

It would be great to have the BMC (iLO, iDRAC...) IP address in the General Information on the Summary tab. So when a server is offline, we have the info where to go to troubleshoot the machine.
    Windows Admin Center can show this information but only when the machine is up and running ( so not very useful most of the time).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to redistribute failed packages in Distribution Point Configuration status node

So I've been wondering if Microsoft has looked into adding a redistribute failed packages option in the Distribution Point Configuration workspace. As of now Recast does this but I'd rather use Microsoft than a third party tool. The only option is for More Details. Of course there are scripts that could be ran to accomplish this and you can redistribute while in the administrative\distribution point workspace but its tedious. Adding a simple right click would help and save time in my opinion.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import user device affinity should overwrite existing

Hello,

When I import my user device affinity CSV after I handout a batch of notebooks I found the import mostly errors.

Users often become primary users by affinity type usage agent defined before I import the information. If this is already set than my import for those devices fails while all others become set as affinity type administrator defined.

Currently to resolve these import errors I need to search for the device, right click edit primary user, remove usage defined user, press okay to save, right click to edit primary user again, add user again, okay to save forā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Scoping and File Structuring to the Scripts node in the console.

Working with the scripts node in the console is great but if there was a way to scope out that node. We have different teams that dont need access to all the scripts. It would be nice to have different teams see certain scripts compared to other tiers.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base