Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. web portal for SCCM Dashboards for Windows 10, Office 365 and Software Updates, etc..

Rather than all users needing a MECM Console and permissions to access the Graphical Dashboards for Windows 10 servicing, Office 365 and software Updates. Have a web link equivalent so that non-admin can either be sent an email with a link or have a sharepoint site with the dashboards available

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert all Typographic/Curly Quotation Marks to Standard Quotation Marks

We have this problem come up occasionally where we copy text from something like a word doc or modern SharePoint site and paste it into the deployment settings for an App and it ends up causing issues.

For example: “...” will break stuff, "..." works fine.

This issue presents itself most notably in the AppEnforce.log as follows:
    Invalid data file “example.cmd” to execute using file association
    PrepareCommandline failed with 0x87d01106 for cmdline “example.cmd”
    ScriptHandler::EnforceApp failed (0x87d01106).
    AppProvider::EnforceApp - Failed to invoke EnforceApp on Application handler(0x87d01106).
    CommenceEnforcement failed with error 0x87d01106.
    Method CommenceEnforcement failed with error code 87D01106
    ++++++ Failed to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto-size Columns when looking a tabs in a deployment?

While in MEMCM 'Console', when I go to troubleshoot a deployment on the 'Error' tab, I auto-size the columns for my view so I can see info. Can this be the default?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove "Tenant Attach" as a mandatory step during the 2102 upgrade wizard.

Could you please not make tenant attach as a mandatory step during the 2102 upgrade. I'm currently running a test environment with some virtual servers and I don't think that in order to upgrade I need to create a trial sub in Azure with Intune licenses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to see reports like (Compliance -5) on a specifc devices directly from Device screen

I am always using the device screen with the tabs at the bottom but have to navigate to monitoring and then compliance to find and run compliance report. Make the reports available for the device from the device screen please

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow URLs in the console to open in default web browser.

Learn more URLs in the console such as the ones on the O365 client pilot and health or windows analytics servicing dashboard all open in IE11 instead of the default browser.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for formatting in the 'Run Script' action.

When running a script in the console on a client, the results are smashed together. No -foregroundcolor shows up etc. richer experience would be nice.
    Also, what kind of files are supported? Nothing I pick can be uploaded.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add cleanup of deprecated Application Catalog roles as a Management Insight

Management Insights are great! As a consultant, I often train customers to check these on a regular basis and act on them to improve Site performance and to have a supported configuration.

Application Catalog roles have been deprecated. It would be a nice-to-have addition to the Insights panel, in my opinion, to instruct on removing the application catalog website and application catalog web service roles, and to review the default and any custom client settings to ensure Default Application Catalog website point is set to (none).

(taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/apps/plan-design/plan-for-and-configure-application-management#bkmk_remove-appcat)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deployment status shows deployment run time column

It would be nice to see a column in the deployment status in Monitoring that showed the deployment run time for each device. It currently only shows the Deployment Time which is the same for every device in a deployment to a particular collection.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. category in community hub

Add the ability to browse the community hub by category (ex: CMPivot, Script).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show the BMC IP address in the Summary tab for a device

It would be great to have the BMC (iLO, iDRAC...) IP address in the General Information on the Summary tab. So when a server is offline, we have the info where to go to troubleshoot the machine.
    Windows Admin Center can show this information but only when the machine is up and running ( so not very useful most of the time).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to redistribute failed packages in Distribution Point Configuration status node

So I've been wondering if Microsoft has looked into adding a redistribute failed packages option in the Distribution Point Configuration workspace. As of now Recast does this but I'd rather use Microsoft than a third party tool. The only option is for More Details. Of course there are scripts that could be ran to accomplish this and you can redistribute while in the administrative\distribution point workspace but its tedious. Adding a simple right click would help and save time in my opinion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. training

Due to the number of changes in the format and features as each new version of SCCM comes out Microsoft could offer training along with links. I wasn't sure what category to put this under.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CMPIVOT should use the same KQL as Log Analytics

CMPIVOT should follow the same Kusto syntax as Log Analytics. Even if it can't support the full scope of capabilities, those which are an analog to Log Analytics KQL should use the exact same syntax and behavior.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import user device affinity should overwrite existing

Hello,

When I import my user device affinity CSV after I handout a batch of notebooks I found the import mostly errors.

Users often become primary users by affinity type usage agent defined before I import the information. If this is already set than my import for those devices fails while all others become set as affinity type administrator defined.

Currently to resolve these import errors I need to search for the device, right click edit primary user, remove usage defined user, press okay to save, right click to edit primary user again, add user again, okay to save for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. create folder structure in Scripts to better manage security of who is able to see/run scripts

create folder structure in Scripts to better manage security of who is able to see/run scripts

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Scoping and File Structuring to the Scripts node in the console.

Working with the scripts node in the console is great but if there was a way to scope out that node. We have different teams that dont need access to all the scripts. It would be nice to have different teams see certain scripts compared to other tiers.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Component Status screen should have a default sort of Critical - Warning - OK

The Component Status screen should display components with Critical and Warning status at the top of the list by default. Alternately, there should be a way to manually sort like this - perhaps sorting by icon, which doesn't behave as expected in 5.2010.1093.1900.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. switch background to dark mode

ability to switch from "day mode" to Dark mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable a column for Cache Size

Add column for "Cache Size". It could be useful for detecting and cleaning before deployments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base