Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable toast notifications per depoyment

It would be of benefit to our organization to specify whether or not a deployment will display a toast notification stating that "New software is available". Reason is that we sometimes we are required to deploy a newer minor reversion that appears as a full application, but it may be an application the user already has installed. An example of that would be Google Chrome. The user will receive a popup notification that new software is available, but when they go into the Software Center nothing "new" to them will be displayed.

We have consider disabling all notifications in the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Apps with powershell script detection methods run should support running as the current user

some packages force close open apps and when I call a msi using powershell and add textbox to warn current user, the user wont get the box as msi will be running in sccmadmin instance and its locked out after win7. there should be options to in script locally as local admin in same instance of user.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Express Update vs Full Update option

Express updates are downloading more and more data of PSF file on client machine and consuming more and more space, more than 40 GB on a computer.

we should have either full update or Express Update, we should have option, and computers doesn't download all PSF file which consumes more than 30 GB

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Printer management and driver install

Printer deployment and driver managment

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Configmgr 1706 intruduced scripts! Now we need better reporting and tracking for the scripts.

Allow filtering on Monitoring - Scripts. Filter by time and date, collection, and script name.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Include condition evaluation in the success or failure of a TS step

When Task Sequence condition evaluation fails for any particular step, set the TS variable SMSTSLastActionSucceeded to false. OR create a separate variable SMSTSLastEvaluationSucceeded to control this.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Default Settings/Computer Restart

Can you intregrate 2 dialogue box for message customization for user notification for both cases : Temporary notification and cannot close.
                The Organization will be able to customize these messages for end users for better communication during updates.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Collect success and failure for deployments using the Cloud Management Gateway and Cloud DP

We have deployed the Cloud management gateway and Cloud Distribution Point into Azure. We cannot collect successful deployment information from these resources in any meaningful way. It would be great to get metrics such as number of successful Windows Update deployments or Software deployments via the cloud or distribution point usage via the cloud. Currently when I add the Outbound Data Transfer column for Cloud DP it is blank which I know is false due to seeing the traffic for our Cloud DP in the Azure logs.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Show the client boundary group membership

Make it possible to show what boundary group the client had at the last hardware inventory in the console, maybe like a column when looking a collection and or in the devices node. -> it helps you to see what site system might be faulty and or what boundaries are missing in the environment.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add a 'Check for Updates' button in Software Center updates tab

Add a 'Check for updates' button to Software Center.
                      It will let users have more control over their client through a familiar interface, and allow local service desks an easy way to have an end user check for updates that does not include opening a control panel icon.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Task Sequence Pre-Cache for all Packages inside

It would be nice to have the ability to conditionally pre-cache all packages in Upgrade TS and not only OS Upgrade step.

To describe it in more details, in current design we are able to pre-cache only OS Upgrade step to computers based on conditions. This is not enough for companies with 20+ languages as best approach is to create en-us core image and then apply MUI on top of that. Doing this will cause system to report as e.g. de-de so we would need to download and distribute to 150+ DPs all supported Upgrade packages instead of distributing only…

20 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, updating status to Noted. See https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgreng/2016/03/11/configmrguv/ for an explanation of each status

We have this in our backlog from when we introduced the pre-cache for OS Upgrade packages and agree it makes a ton of sense. The first action would probably be adding Make/Manufacturer for Driver Packages, then look at ways to address MUIs, Language packs

• Improve Content Replication

Content Replication from Site to DPs should be a frustration free Process or SCCM Admins. Unfortunately, I know no customer without smaller or bigger issues in this area.
                          Here is an uncomplete list of some issues I´ve noticed:
                          • Content Eval - Scheduled Task lost
                          o SCCM does not check if the schedule task got lost/deleted
                          o Suggested Solution: SCCM should verify the Scheduled Task on Service Startup
                          • Content Eval - Hash mismatch/Eval fails for package
                          o When content Eval fails for a package, the admin must manually redistribute it / take care of the error
                          o There should…

74 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Possibility to add custom wmi classes

Part of the functionality seems to already be in the system, when adding a new Hardware inventory class. The point being the custom class(es) should be replicated to all providers, included in the database, and backed up when running the built-in backup task. This is useful when extending the console and striving for full integration, including the possibility to save settings and configurations.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Support detection scripts larger than 32KB for applications

Can you increase the size for application script detection? There is currently a limit of 32KB for a PowerShell detection script. In a normal use-case a detection script would be 10 lines or less, but there are times when longer scripts can be necessary. My case in particular requires that I query device ID's on client computers. There can be thousands of unique device ID's that I may have to check, but this puts my script above the size limitation.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Keep software update history for compliance reporting

Whenever an update (KB) is not actively deployed anymore, as soon as it gets superseded, after the period defined in the supersendence rule (site setting for software updates) it will decline that update and hence, it will vanish from the update history.
                                This is (obviously) by design.

My request would be to change the behavior so that the update history will be preserved regardless if a KB has been declined or not.
                                This would make it possible to run a compliance report and see if a KB was needed and by which computers, when it was deployed, superseded etc. even…

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Support monitoring only for endpoint protection (no remediation)

Endpoint Protection - Monitoring mode only.

Sometimes, in first Endpoint Protection deploying in specific business sensetive networks, we need option to detect malwares and monitor only without any actions with malwares. If malware detected Endpoint Protection will only report to SCCM console and no other actions. SCCM administrator will decide what to do with the detected malicious objects, so as not to stop the business process if it is infected.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • System Center Configuration Manager - Scheduled Updates - ISO now have multiple indexes

It would be beneficial to allow users to pick which index gets updated, right now the default is 1 causing the scheduled update to fail.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Fix this problem Software Center not working after SCCM Client update from 5.00.8540.1007 to 5.00.8540.1611

Fix this problem Software Center not working after SCCM Client update from 5.00.8540.1007 to 5.00.8540.1611 also the clients are not upgrading properly. You have to run a repair to get the ner client to finish installing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/98f762ac-6367-4705-a2b4-b6af2ee844a7/software-center-not-working-after-sccm-client-update-from-50085401007-to-50085401611?forum=ConfigMgrAppManagement

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add the Computer's Description (not from AD) on the Devices window.

Add the Computer's Description (not from AD) on the Devices window.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 113 114
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base