Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Leave unenrolled mobile devices in the database

Cureently, when you unenroll a device from the Intune Company Portal, it gets removed from the SCCM database immediately, and we can't query or report on unenrolled mobile devices. It would be nice to have them remain in the database for a period of time, maybe 90 days, so that we can create a query, collection, or report to find recently unenrolled devices.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. SCCM Azure

We are running SCCM 2012 SP2 and planning to move the complete infra to Azure (Cloud) to manage application and Patching deployments on-premises systems.

Please share your experience and guidance about running production SCCM Infra in Azure to manage on-premises Machines before making the decision...

Networking
    Availability
    Performance
    Cost
    User Experience

Is on-premises SCCM 2012 SP2 supported to move on Cloud or which only latest CB version supports for this scenario.
    Did Microsoft SCCM 2012 SP2 infra supported to move exiting infra in could for supporting on-premises machines.
    Security point of views. Is it secure Azure based SCCM infra manageā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  djam responded

SCCM 2012 is not supported in/on azure. SCCM Current Branch is supported running in azure, or managing clients running in azure.

3. update windows 10 wim file servicing

When updating a wim file there should be an option to update to the latest upgrade.
    Right now if for example I want to update my wim from 1703 to 1709 I need to either deploy the OS and use the servicing option or recapture the image with the upgrade.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to have the ability to (easily) capture a Virtualbox current branch Windows 10 image, without unknown Sysprep errors!!!

Micro$oft should supply (FREE of charge) a "CLEAN" Windows 10 Enterprise version, that does NOT contain all the inappropriate "Metro" apps, games, etc, that cause Sysprep to fail when attempting Windows 10 image capture, to each licensee, and/or provide free (HUMAN) training support on correcting this frustrating ,troublesome issue!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client deployment and discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

This feedback is better directed to the windows team. SCCM team does not deliver windows images to customers; and thus we can’t address this. I can pass this feedback on internally; but you should also use their public channels to send this feedback.

5. Declare the CI settings better for iOS Kiosk Mode

When I setup a Kiosk Configuration item, the Wizard show me, that I Am able to configure the Touch Screen. When I set it to dsiabled, the Touch Screen is working, on Enabled the Touch screen is not working.
    Or if you check the attached picture, with the Current Settings, the Volume Buttons are disabled on the Device.
    This is very misleading and should be corrected!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance and settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Run Scripts: A Copied and pasted powershell script from SCCM to Powershell ISE, will not run in the ISE

I tried to edit a PS script in the ISE environment. The script began with a simple variable assignment i.e. $A = get-item... but the script would error : The term 'A$=" is not recognized as the name of cmdlet... Typing the identical line above or below would work. Almost like the copying and paste process used a different character set.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Update documentation for application portal website

Document API and process for workflows using Application Portal.
    Policy injecting on clients and process flows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. BIOS to UEFI - Problem Rebooting back into WinPE during task sequence

If Machine has to reboot from winpe back in winpe after disk is formatted with default EFI partition scheme
    EFI >500 MB partition

The boot image associated with the TS will be staged on this partition and if uncompressed size of boot image happens to be more that 500 MB , the staging fails.

SMSTS shows the following error:

06-29-2017 17:10:40.651 TSManager 1536 (0x600) Content successfully downloaded at C:_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\001004B9.
    06-29-2017 17:10:40.658 TSManager 1536 (0x600) Found boot image C:_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\001004B9\WinPE101607x64TroubleShoot.001004B9.wim
    06-29-2017 17:10:40.658 TSManager 1536 (0x600) Copying 'C:_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\001004B9\WinPE10
    1607x64TroubleShoot.001004B9.wim' to 'C:\sources\boot.wim'
    06-29-2017 17:10:40.923 TSManager 1536 (0x600) pszPath[0] !=ā€¦

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Document application catalog certificate change process

There are several cases when a certificate change on a Application Catalog will need the role to be reinstalled (or switched from https to http and back). It is noted in the bolg https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2012/07/05/tips-and-tricks-for-deploying-the-application-catalog-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/ but should be within the docs to minimize application deployment outtages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure Aware SCCM Hybrid

I don't like that the Azure device dashboards throw multiple errors when running SCCM in Hybrid mode. I have to go to Azure to configure Conditional Access and the multiple errors are annoying at best. I guess this is more an Azure development but I would like the dashboard to be aware that MDM authority is with SCCM and adjust the blades/views accordingly

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Add NumberOfDependedDTs property to Get-CMApplication

Currently, the only place to see NumberOfDependedDTs is from Get-CMDeploymentType. Other properties like NumberOfDependentDTs and NumberOfDependentTS have been propagated to the Application Level, it would be useful to have NumberOfDependedDTs too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Identical to the anti-malware policy, configure DirectAccess clients to have the option to download security updates/fixes from Microsoft.

Identical to the anti-malware policy, configure DirectAccess clients to have the option to download security updates/fixes from Microsoft. This will remove the need to have a cloud DP or CMG be configured just to have the DA clients be updated with security fixes/patches. If this can be tagged against a boundary group or collection that will be great!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Deploy SCEP profile to mobile decives without User Affinity

Deploying SCEP-profiles to mobile devices without user affinity is not possible. And here is why that feature is needed. My customer has a conference room solution that involves an iPad to display booking details and schema outside of every conference room.

This tablet needs access to the internal 802.1x protected Wifi as well as an VPP-app to display the booking details and so on.

The idea here is to enrol the devices in Apple DEP and assign a DEP profile that does not involve User Affinity. Then some sort of mechanism is setup that add enrolled devices based on pre-registeredā€¦

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Home screen layout settings - iOS

Currently there is the ability to update homescreen layout in Intune Standalone. This feature needs to be made available in SCCM configuration manager.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/home-screen-settings-ios

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. .chache Inheritance is disbaled

My customer is running into this issue:

By default after the client installation 1702 +UR1.
    1. In %Appdata% of the Users Software Center Folder ā€žInheritanceā€œ is enabled
    2. But on the ā€ž.chacheā€œ folder ā€žInheritanceā€œ is disabled

All other Folders and Subfolders have the Inheritance enabled under Appdata. Is this not a BUG? Why is on the .chache folder the ā€žInheritanceā€œ disabled?
    Customer doing appdata redirection and enabled the Inheritance on the .chache because they need this. Later on after SCCM Client Upgrade all setting are back on default again.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

This is by design. This is how the security of the cache folder works, and is related to guaranteeing that content that can come from anywhere (including peers) and eventually verified and secure.

16. Change of Windows Server Edition supported?

Please add a statement whether it is supported to cdhange the Windows Server Edition from Standard to Datacenter on an installed Site Server. The article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/configs/site-and-site-system-prerequisites#bkmk_generalprerewq already contains a list what cannot be changed after Installation, changin the Edition is nowhere mentioned. For a change of the SQL Server Edition a statement exists as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Remote Device Actions SCCM - Send Sync Request to Multiple Devices at Once (Bulk Sync)

Currently you are able to click on a single device and one at a time complete a remote device action of send sync request. This can get cumbersome when trying to refresh a whole fleet of devices. I would like the ability to send a remote sync request to multiple devices at once either by collection or by highlighting multiple devices in the console and selecting option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create an Collection Base on IOS Profile or Android Devices

actually all device enrolled come on all IOS device but is not manageable if we want to deploy App or Base rule on Different devices we need to Create manually an collection and add all the devices in this collection also manually who generate a lot of works.

if we have the possibility to create an collection and to be able to have all device registered who are assigned to ios Profile this collection will be populate automatically and that will also give our live more easy,

eg: if we create an ios Profile Kiosk IPad Sales or Profile Kioskā€¦

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deploy I/Ebooks through Intune+SCCM (Hybrid) on to iOS Devices

hybrid infrastructure which is current branch is integrated with InTune. would like to deploy a i/ebooks that was purchased with VPP account, through the ā€œManage distributionā€ method to the iPads.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve documentation for OMS connector setup procedure

If you walk through the documentation for setting up the OMS connector, the guide is a little vague, it covers the connection - assuming that all went perfect and connected with out a problem.
    I'm following the guides as outlined here ;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-sccm#provide-configuration-manager-with-permissions-to-oms

Step #3 > Step #4.. doesn't cover the scenario where the azure subscription drop-downs are blank.

Step #4 simply says "If you accomplished all the other procedures successfully".. so what do you do when it doesn't ?

It gives no indication on what to look for. I did find another guide from here https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Configure-OMS-Connection-9c9e6bc3, but thisā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base