Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for replacing applications in Application groups using PowerShell

Add support for replacing applications in application groups using powershell. This should preserve the application ordering you have specified.

A better solution would be that Get-CMApplicationGroup returns the group items. Then you could easily replace and modify the order before using Set-CMApplicationGroup

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change or remove the 1 hour retry limit for the Run Script feature

Hello, currently if you use the Run Script feature on a collection, it runs instantly, but any offline clients will also run the script if they come online within 1 hour.

Having the ability to change or even disable this would be good so that it only runs on clients that are currently online.

Usage case I have is an intelligent shutdown script in an Education Lab environment that checks if each client has no active user logged in, no updates currently running, no pending reboot, etc. then shut it down.

I dont want it then to run if anā€¦

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 'Get-CMObject' PowerShell command

I would like to be able to confirm the object moved, can we get a 'Get-CMObject' command, or something that reports the Folder location?

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/sccm-docs-powershell-ref/issues/121

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  6 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Migrate scripts

Export/migrate scripts collection (Software Library\Scripts) from software library ro other sites, either via Migration or Export/Import.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Commandlet to get the cmsitebackupstatus

We have get-cmsoftwareupdatesync command to get the Software update synchronization status.
    Like the same, if we have get-cmsitebackupstatus command it will be easy to get the last backup info.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. script

Add option for "Run Script" to be able to see the machine on which the script didn't run. Example I run a signed script on a collection, some of the machine do miss the sign-script certificate. To identify those machines, I need to create another collection with machines on which script did run and exclude from original one. Which is annoying and time consuming.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to trigger reboots through the client WMI SDK

We need a way to use PowerShell (script) to trigger a Reboot using the Software Center Dialogs. This way we can trigger a reboot at the end of an install which will leverage the CM built-in notifications.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/core/clients/deploy/device-restart-notifications

Currently, if you have a deployment that triggers a pending reboot, the machine with NOT actually reboot after the install, but instead waits for the deadline. Or if the Deployment had no deadline, the machine will never actually reboot.

We need a way to have CM trigger a reboot that we can call in a script, so at the end of anā€¦

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Install MECM Support Center alongside client by default

I have no metrics to back this up, yet I feel Support Center is under utilized as it has to be installed separately and manually from the MECM client.

Could you give us one or more of the following options?
    1) Add an checkbox in the client install settings area to have Support Center install after the MECM client is installed.
    2) Have Support Center install by default like the MECM client
    3) Make installing Support Center an option in the Add dropdown under a Tools folder, in the TS editor.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Great ideas.

We don’t package Support Center with the client at this time because it would add 15MB or so to the MSI package, and we’re trying to avoid bloating it as much as possible.

That being said, there’s certainly no reason we can’t have other solutions in place to make it easier to get Support Center onto client machines or to otherwise opt-in to having it distribute with clients.

We will look into ways to improve this in the future.

9. Add option to CMPivot to return Folder and Registry paths/keys to results.

I was writing a CMPivot query today to read the ConfigMgr execution history from the client registry. I couldn't figure out how to return the registry key name. In my use case, the registry key name IS the value that I need to return so I can match the package id with the history.

Registry('HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\Execution History\System*')
    Registry('HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\Execution History\System**')

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Get-CMApplicationDeploymentStatus group

I would like to use PowerShell to get detailed information for some application group deployments, with a goal of setting up a scheduled job to notify our helpdesk via email to follow up on devices with deployment errors. I can use Get-CMApplicationGroupDeployment -Summary to get a high level summary of the deployment statistics but I can't find a way to get the detailed information for the devices in the deployment.

Would it be possible to extend the PowerShell cmdlet library to permit this?

Please see MS premier support case #:25437365 for more details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remote connection ability in Support Center One Trace

Please include the functionality of Remote Connection in One Trace,
    In Enterprise support, most situations are that you need to read log files from remote clients.
    I understand that it can be a workload on the WAN link, but that is up to the admin's to decide in their own environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Primary site server content library cleanup tool

Create a tool to scan the Content library on DP co-located on the Primary Site server to remove references to a Package ID that no longer exists.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pass script parameters to RunScript via the AdminService

While we can pass script parameters to Invoke-CMScript and the InitiateClientOperationEx WMI method, we still cannot pass parameters via RunScript through the AdminService. This would be an incredibly useful and much appreciated feature addition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use different Service Window Type for Site upgrades to enable better SCOM integration

Business hours configured in the SCCM client and the service window for site updates are defined in the CCM_ServiceWindow Class using the same type. If they had a different type, SCOM could use the information to put the servers in Maintenance Mode automatically. That shouldn't happen when business hours are over, so SCOM cannot differ between one or the other.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can we get Remove-ConfigurationItemRevisionHistory PS Command

I can remove an Applications Revision History in PS but not CI's history via PS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we get Remove-ItemfromCMBaseline PS Command

I can create/deploy/remove CI's and Baseline in PS but remove (CI/Update/Baseline) from a CM Baseline via PS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we get Add-ItemtoCMBaseline PS Command

I can create/deploy/remove CI's and Baseline in PS but add (CI/Update/Baseline) to a CM Baseline.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. publish 3rd party updates via script

CMDLET required to be able to publish the 3rd party updates - we are looking at automating the update deployment process via a number of powershell scripts however we are unable to locate a method to publish the 3rd party updates via Powershell.

If the required changes could be made to allow this via a CMDlet that would be good for the automation process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the Windows "Setup" EventLog to be queried with CMPivot

Today it appears that the Windows Setup Eventlog is unable to be queried with CMPivot. This is the Log that shows which MS Updates have been installed and lists their status (ie..pending reboot, installed successfully, Failed install..etc)

I'm using SCCM Current Branch 2006 today which is supposedly using the WinEvent() method to pull messages from Event Logs on remote machines but all attempts to pull the "setup" Log never return any data that I know is there.

Perhaps this is possible today but I have been unable to find any documentation or example online how to pull the Events fromā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base