Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Provision this application for all users on the device" cmdlet

In release (1810) an option was added to the "User Experience" tab for APPX deployments.

With the available cmdlets you can automate your deployments, but there is no option to set this outside of the UI.

Please add a "Provision this application for all users on the device" parameter to the "Add-CMWindowsAppxDeploymentType" cmdlet.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Phased deployment support for PowerShell cmdlets

Phased Deployment Powershell Cmdlets

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. add a powershell possibility to add repair command to a deploymenttype of an application

add a powershell possibility to add repair command to a deploymenttype of an application

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Pass script parameters with Invoke-CMScript

Allow the Invoke-CMScript to pass script parameters. This could be done with a ScriptParameter hashtable similar to how Invoke-CMReport functions.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. ConfigurationManager PowerShell module should register itself as an Env Variable

Today, when you install the CM Console, the PowerShell module will be placed under the %CMInstallDirectory%\AdminConsole\Bin\ConfigurationManager.psd1

This makes sense given where the user is choosing to install the console, and that's fine. But placing it here off the beaten path means that it is not importable using PowerShell's module autodiscovery features. For instance, if a module is found in any of the standard user or system paths (or registered under the $ENV:PsModulePath) the user can easily import the module without having to specify the full path, a big user quality of life win. This is the way that SQL Serverā€¦

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Deadline with Start-CMApplicationDeployment using UpdateSupersedence

When using the PoSh Cmdlet Start-CMApplicationDeployment with Parameter -UpdateSupersedence et to $true the DeadlineDateTime Parameter it ignored if the Application is deployed as Available - I actually states it in a Warning as well.
    But with UpdateSupersedence set to true we need the Deadline Parameter again, to not enforce the updates immediately.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Run Scripts: Automatically sort by Name

Currently the script seem to sort by 'Type' or 'Approval State' and I have to choose 'Name' every time I go in to scripts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PowerShell Cmdlet for Modifying Nested Task Sequence (Get/Set-CMTSStepRunTaskSequence)

It would be very helpful to have a cmlet that will allow you to modify the "Run Task Sequence" with PowerShell.

I'd like to be able to script replicating an entire task sequence "suite" (including all of the nested sequences) and re-linking the new nested sequences.

My use case is something like this:
    I want to start development work on a new build revision. The script would duplicate the production sequences (both parent and children) and repoint the "Run Task Sequence" steps to new "DEV" child sequences.

This would automate the process and ensure that none of the production sequencesā€¦

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save/Remove-CMSoftwareUpdate without content distribution

Would be really nice to have option to choose wheter to distribute content or not while using Save/Remove-CMSoftwareUpdate cmdlets.

When we use this is normally within our clean-up scripts and almost never need immediate content update.

As a result our distribution queues lose threads to unnecessary package processing.

I appreciate the support!

Have a nice one!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need cmdlets for Distribution Point reassignment

Create a powershell cmdlet to perform a DP reassignment as we can do on SCCM console

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow "Delay enforcement" according to grace period in New-CMSoftwareUpdateAutoDeploymentRule

allow setting "delay enforcement of this deployment according to user preferences, up to the grace period defined in client settings" check box via New-CMSoftwareUpdateAutoDeploymentRule

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get driver by category with Get-CMDriver

Get-CMDriver does not provide on option to get drivers by category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add query based parameters for script

It would be nice to have the option to add some query based parameters for script (WQL or SQL). So values for parameters could be dynamic based on a query and scope of the user who trigger the script.

i.e. We could have hiding deployments (without any notifications to the end users), then the admin user could select application or updates from the list to enforce deployment.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unify Powershell Functionality

The recent Powershell features like 'Run Script' and allowing them to be added directly to a Task Sequence step are fantastic, but things are beginning to feel somewhat fragmented.

It would be great if SCCM had a central script repository, maybe backed by git, that we could pull scripts from as opposed to adding them.

This would allow us to easily use the same code in a Task Sequence and a 'Run Script' without having to maintain it in multiple places. Perhaps we could even add a special Powershell Script Package Program type that would pull a script from theā€¦

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Run Scripts: Schedule the script to run later

It would be nice to be able to schedule a script to run at a later date and/or time. It would also be nice to see what scripts are scheduled and by who and when and to what device or collection. Also the ability to cancel it. I've used a tool before that did this very nicely and it would be nice to have SCCM able to do it as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Run Scripts: scripts results does not show systems offline or failed

The SCCM scripts feature is new and so far works very well, however there is no feedback on systems offline or failed. The lower pie graph shows the numbers offline/failed but you cannot view them. The results tab only shows return codes of systems that actually executed scripts.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add-CMScriptDeploymentType fails if both -ProductCode and -AddDetectionClause are specified

We recently upgraded from ConfigMgr 1706 to 1806. I'm finding that when running the Add-CMScriptDeploymentType cmdlet, it fails with an AmbiguousParameterSet when both ProductCode and AddDetectionClause are specified (the application I'm adding needs both an MSI product code and a registry key detection). This wasn't happening before and appears to be a bug, as the parameter set I'm trying to use specifies the ProductCode as mandatory with the AddDetectionClause as optional (the parameter set I'm trying to use has ProductCode, DeploymentTypeName, InstallCommand and InputObject as the only mandatory parameters, according to the help).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set-CMAutoDeploymentRuleDeployment to include missing AllowWUMU and AllowUseMeteredNetwork

Although you can now add multiple deployments to a single Automatic Deployment Rule there a couple of options that can be read but not set. These are:

"If software updates are not available on the distribution point in current, neighbor or site boundary groups, download content from Microsoft Updates."
    and
    "All clients on a metered internet connection to download content after the installation deadline, which might incur additional costs"

I can successfully retrieve all Deployments associated with an Automatic Deployment Rule via the Get-CMAutoDeploymentRuleDeployment cmdlet and see the current settings for these properties by parsing the DeploymentTemplate XML.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. CMPivot Eventlog is using Get-Eventlog instead of Get-WinEvent

The current 1806 implementation of CMPivot is using the cmdlet GEt-Eventlog read event log entries. The PowerShell command is:
    $events = get-eventlog -LogName $logName -Newest 50 -ErrorAction Stop

This limits the logs to be read from to logs like Application, Security, System and only some others. On my client (Get-EventLog -List).Count has only 12 logs.

The better command would be Get-WinEvent. Where I can access all logs. The command (Get-WinEvent -ListLog *).Count returns 463 logs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base