Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve folder support in cmdlets

Actually, it is possible to create a collection with a cmdlet. But we cannot create it in a specific location. We need moving it after creating the collection. Why not just add a parameter to the New-CMDeviceCollection cmdlet?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    8 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Folder support is something that is very limited in the cmdlet library today and something that’s in our backlog to improve in a future release. In my opinion, I think the way things should work is if you’re in a collection folder in the cmdlet drive provider, it should just create the collection in the right place.

I’ve linked this feedback to our internal work item to improve folder support so this doesn’t get lost.

Thanks!

2. Run Scripts: Allow Renaming the script

Provide ability to rename scripts. We'd like ability to differentiate between test and production scripts or rename if the functionality changes. Or, just have the ability to fix typos without recreating the script/approvals.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Phased deployment support for PowerShell cmdlets

Phased Deployment Powershell Cmdlets

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. "Provision this application for all users on the device" cmdlet

In release (1810) an option was added to the "User Experience" tab for APPX deployments.

With the available cmdlets you can automate your deployments, but there is no option to set this outside of the UI.

Please add a "Provision this application for all users on the device" parameter to the "Add-CMWindowsAppxDeploymentType" cmdlet.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. PowerShell missing support for repair command for application deployment types

The sccm powershell cmdlets do not currently support the ability to add repair command to a app model deployment type. You have to deserialize the SDMPackageXML to be able to do this via automation. All of our apps are created via script and this capability would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a powershell possibility to add repair command to a deploymenttype of an application

add a powershell possibility to add repair command to a deploymenttype of an application

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  4 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Add /ResetBase to New-CMOperatingSystemImageUpdateSchedule

Now that optimization of the WIM and removal of superseded updates is available as an option for offline servicing in the console, it would be great if this option could be added as a switch to the New-CMOperatingSystemImageUpdateSchedule cmdlet. I use this cmdlet to automate scheduling of updates in an ADG against all my WIMs so it would be great if I could shrink them down at the same time without needing to do this in the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

Updating status to noted, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help#send-a-suggestion for an explanation of each value.

We’ve addressed this in our 1902 release as well as the ability to import a single .wim from the multi-index .wim.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/osd/get-started/manage-operating-system-images#BKMK_AddOSImages

As Vlad mentioned, the New-CMOperatingSystemImageUpdateSchedule CmdLet has -RemoveSupersededUpdates

I’ll update the status to completed if this addressed your ask. If not, then let us know any gaps.

8. Run Scripts: Add Description

I'd like the ability to add a description for the Script I'm adding into "Run Scripts". Right now I try to make the names descriptive, but would like to go into further details about what parameters they can use, what's going to happen, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pass script parameters with Invoke-CMScript

Allow the Invoke-CMScript to pass script parameters. This could be done with a ScriptParameter hashtable similar to how Invoke-CMReport functions.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Get-CMPackage Return All Packages

Currently, Get-CMPackage only returns ā€œordinary packagesā€, not software update packages or task sequence packages or other types. If you run the command in verbose mode, you can see the WQL query filters PackageType=0 and activity <>3.

Documentation for this cmdlet states ā€œGet-CMPackage returns all packagesā€ and this is wrong. It returns all packages where type = 0. Can we please create PackageType as a parameter so all packages can be managed with one cmdlet?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Run Scripts: Allow the possibility to limit Run Script execution to one device only

It would be really useful, if not mandatory, that some scripts under "Run Scripts" feature allowed to be executed only on one device at a time, avoiding the possibility to run it under a collection or a selection of multiple devices.
    The reason is, according to my point of view, avoiding the possibility to run scripts that need device-specific parameters.
    For example, runnin a script that renames a device. If by mistake that script were run on a device collection, it would probably end up with all devices with the same name.
    I guess this option (a checkbox maybe) shouldā€¦

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Invoke-CMReport file name

It would be nice to be able to control the file name generated by Invoke-CMReport when using parameter -OutputFormat.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Run Scripts: Allow for specifying the number of concurrent jobs

Run Script: Define # of concurrent jobs (optional)

It would be nice if, optionally, we could limit the number of machines the script is being executed on simultaneously.

For instance, I created a script that is collecting some local logs and pushing them back to a network location.
    I do not want it to run on 1000+ servers simultaneously so if I could define the maximum number of servers the script should be run from concurrently, that would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ConfigurationManager PowerShell module should register itself as an Env Variable

Today, when you install the CM Console, the PowerShell module will be placed under the %CMInstallDirectory%\AdminConsole\Bin\ConfigurationManager.psd1

This makes sense given where the user is choosing to install the console, and that's fine. But placing it here off the beaten path means that it is not importable using PowerShell's module autodiscovery features. For instance, if a module is found in any of the standard user or system paths (or registered under the $ENV:PsModulePath) the user can easily import the module without having to specify the full path, a big user quality of life win. This is the way that SQL Serverā€¦

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Deadline with Start-CMApplicationDeployment using UpdateSupersedence

When using the PoSh Cmdlet Start-CMApplicationDeployment with Parameter -UpdateSupersedence et to $true the DeadlineDateTime Parameter it ignored if the Application is deployed as Available - I actually states it in a Warning as well.
    But with UpdateSupersedence set to true we need the Deadline Parameter again, to not enforce the updates immediately.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Run Scripts: Automatically sort by Name

Currently the script seem to sort by 'Type' or 'Approval State' and I have to choose 'Name' every time I go in to scripts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow "Delay enforcement" according to grace period in New-CMSoftwareUpdateAutoDeploymentRule

allow setting "delay enforcement of this deployment according to user preferences, up to the grace period defined in client settings" check box via New-CMSoftwareUpdateAutoDeploymentRule

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Save/Remove-CMSoftwareUpdate without content distribution

Would be really nice to have option to choose wheter to distribute content or not while using Save/Remove-CMSoftwareUpdate cmdlets.

When we use this is normally within our clean-up scripts and almost never need immediate content update.

As a result our distribution queues lose threads to unnecessary package processing.

I appreciate the support!

Have a nice one!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need cmdlets for Distribution Point reassignment

Create a powershell cmdlet to perform a DP reassignment as we can do on SCCM console

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get driver by category with Get-CMDriver

Get-CMDriver does not provide on option to get drivers by category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base