Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable right click WOL a device from inside the console

Allow the built in use of WOL, and right click to wake up a machine or a collection at anytime. Also fix ConfigMgr's native WOL technology to work on common network infrastructure (no Mac-Flapping.)

451 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Noted  ·  22 comments  ·  Power Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make the client report who’s logged on

Policy requests are made on computer level. When assigning an application to a computer we regularly trigger a machine policy request to speed up the installation. This is not possible when user assignment is used, as we don’t know which computer(s) the user is currently logged on to. We can guess by checking for example “Last logon User Name”, this is however not live data and thus not very accurate. If the client instead reported who’s logged on as part of the user policy request at log on, we would know. This would allow to trigger a User policy request…

71 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Create an SCCM Community Collections Catalog Feature

Creating SCCM Collection Queries is an art, and like most art, some of us are more suited to stick-figures while others produce beautiful creations worthy of a place in the Louvre, featuring graceful sub-queries, artful tabbing and good code practices.

When creating a collection, it would be helpful to have an optional 'Community Collection Catalogue' to choose from, which could have a user-voice style 'Most useful' collections list.

Users could create collections here, possibly even having a community 'wish-list' area for those without skills to request from those who would like to share.

Contributions in the community catalog could be…

61 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Adjustable Window Sizes within Admin Console

It would be nice to have the ability to adjust window sizes within the console. As an example, the Membership rule window in the collection properties only has enough room to show 2 lines. Being able to maximize or edit to a custom size and have the console remember these sizes would be great.

This could be incorporated into the fixes that are being introduced with the High DPI resolutions.

32 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Doing this everywhere in the console would be expensive/difficult. Rather than wait to make any improvement until the time we can fix it all… I’m curious what the top 10 most important places to fix are. I’m thinking we fix those first, and then go from there.

• Remote-wipe feature for Windows 10 desktop managed by SCCM agent (SCCM agent / Intune MDM dual management)

Currently, it is not supported to remote-wipe Windows 10 desktop managed by SCCM agent.
            Intune MDM have ability to remote-wipe Windows 10 desktop, but Intune MDM and SCCM agent dual management is not supported.
            We really need supported option to remote-wipe Windows 10 managed by SCCM agent like Intune MDM and SCCM agent dual management option.

129 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              6 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Task Sequence - View Only option

Add Option to View TS, instead of "edit". Often times I just want to look at a TS for reference, and not edit it. Just safe guarding the TS from my accidental clicks.

26 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • HTML 5 - Console

It would be great if there was a web(html) console available. Then you could even deploy it through the Azure AD Application Proxy(WIA for SSO) service so you could manage the SCCM environment through web from a external endpoint securely. With securely I mean conditional access and MFA could be added through Azure AD.

45 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Upgrade Operating System Task should be able to use Windows Servicing Content and Allow user interaction

Problem:
                  • Current state of windows 10 servicing via upgrade sequence requires full media to take the client through setup.
                  o Full media is 2x the size of existing ESD (upgrade content)
                  o The Upgrade Operating System step does not allow the end user to defer the reboot nor does it warn the user of a reboot pending once setup has been kicked off

Change Request (Requirements)
                  I. The Upgrade Operating System step in the task sequence shall permit the administrator to reference windows 10 servicing content
                  II. The Upgrade Operating System step in the task sequence shall permit the…

51 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Support installing new technical preview releases on an expired technical preview installation

Occasionally I forget to upgrade one of my ConfigMgr TP environments, and it expires. Once expired, the servicing node won't allow new TP releases to be installed. Remove this restriction, let me upgrade expired TPs with new TP releases so I don't have to reinstall and reconfigure.

22 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Bring download timeout for patches inline with other products e.g. InternetExplorer, .Net-applications

From case "117070515991825

When your SUP tries to download big Windows Updates files, the updates are timed-out because:

If the proxy doesn’t send HTTP/1.1, Status: Ok in 30 seconds, this will cause the SCCM server to send a Reset flag and close the connection.

SCCM HTTP 30 seconds timeout it's hardcoded and cannot be changed.

Please make the download read/write timeout configurable or bring it inline with standard http timeout.

46 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Multi Tenant support for Microsoft cloud services integrated with ConfigMgr

We hear this request a lot, so I'm adding it here.
                        ConfigMgr integrates with many Microsoft Cloud Services:
                        * WUFB
                        * WSFB
                        * Windows Upgrade Analytics
                        * OMS
                        * etc
                        For each of the above services, sometimes a company may have multiple tenants. Please allow ConfigMgr to manage multiple tenants for each of these services.

160 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          6 comments  ·  multi-tenant/ISP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Sharepoint

Please, do you have an answer for the below questions? Or, can you point me to the Group that could answer these?

Customer wants to patch the Sharepoint farm through SCCM without manually intervening on the servers for this. I told him this is by design and that the Updates tagged with “farm deployment” are not listed in SCCM, because they specifically require User Intervention. The reason for not showing SharePoint Farm Updates in SCCM is due to the update behavior of Sharepoint. a farm update is installed on 1 of the servers and manually distributed over all other servers…

24 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Software Center - Show policy version

It would be quite useful if Software Center under Options and perhaps next to the Sync Policy button, if you'd have information about what policy version is currently applied. When clicking on the Sync Policy button and a newer policy version is applied, the version would change indicating that the latest policy is applied. Naturally, it would be great if both user and machine policy versions where shown. See attached image for a (quite bad) mock-up.

25 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Support for BITS version 3.5 in the client settings

In SCCM CB, only the BITS setting of version 1.5 is supported in the client settings.
                              These allow only restrictions to common day and make no difference between the workdays or maintenance days.

The support of a more recent bit version (eg 3.5 - Windows 7 or later) would allow more significant improvements to the content download of Agents and Pull DP:
                              1. Differentiation between working days and days off
                              2. Differentiation of bandwidths depending on the job priority
                              3. Set maintenance days

A large IT organization with about 1500 Pull DPs has successfully implemented the BITS 3.5 Settings via…

51 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Improve client auto upgrade options for servers

Enhance site auto upgrade option for servers. Provide the ability to control the schedule for server operating system client upgrade using the auto upgrade feature. Server changes in production fall under change management control. It would be great to be able to specify when the upgrade will take place so that we can align to the change process. So include schedule option for servers and collection selection

16 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Perform AD discoveries from servers other than Site Server

In flat SCCM infrastructure deployment across multiple domains it becomes troublesome to perform User/Group/Forest/System discoveries in domains other than Site Server domain, especially in DMZ, this is because Site Server has to be able to talk to other domains domain controllers and security requirements not always allow that.

This could be improved upon if we could choose to perform AD related discoveries from Site Systems (for example MP or specialized role for that purpose) other than Site Server as illustrated in the picture attached.

82 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Support for Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Production Checkpoints for Site System VMs

It’s not possible to use the new Production Checkpoint Feature of Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V with VMs that are running a Configuration Manager Site System role. The Checkpoint creation fails.
                                    To enable modern host-based backup like DPM 2016, it is necessary that ConfigMgr. Fully supports this Hyper-V feature.

13 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add WinRM management to Client Settings Policy

Today, we use GPO, Image Changes or Logon scripts to make changes to WInRM on a workstation. It would be awesome if the SCCM client could enable WinRM for me. Then enabling (or DISABLING!) WinRM would be as simple as putting a computer in a collection which receives my WinRM policy.

Sure, there are other ways to do it, but none as resilient as through the SCCM Client.

15 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Integrate LEDBAT into ConfigMgr

LEDBAT is a Congestion Control Mechanism that's coming to Windows Server 2016/Windows 10. Successfully used by BitTorrent/Apple Software Update to reduce Bandwidth Saturation during content downloads. This would make WAN transfers of content by BITS (or any other mechanism) 'give way' to other business traffic. Would also improve Software Update scans and HW/Inv Uploads to the MP. LEDBAT makes sure that only unused bandwidth is used for the transfer.

44 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • delete each collection member from the database

The "Delete each collection member from the database" tick box clickable field extends to immediately above the "OK" button, making it extremely easy to select on accident. The field should only exist within the space of the box itself, or slightly outside of it.

30 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 97 98
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base