Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable right click WOL a device from inside the console

Allow the built in use of WOL, and right click to wake up a machine or a collection at anytime. Also fix ConfigMgr's native WOL technology to work on common network infrastructure (no Mac-Flapping.)

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Noted  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Remote-wipe feature for Windows 10 desktop managed by SCCM agent (SCCM agent / Intune MDM dual management)

Currently, it is not supported to remote-wipe Windows 10 desktop managed by SCCM agent.
      Intune MDM have ability to remote-wipe Windows 10 desktop, but Intune MDM and SCCM agent dual management is not supported.
      We really need supported option to remote-wipe Windows 10 managed by SCCM agent like Intune MDM and SCCM agent dual management option.

124 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Multi Tenant support for Microsoft cloud services integrated with ConfigMgr

We hear this request a lot, so I'm adding it here.
        ConfigMgr integrates with many Microsoft Cloud Services:
        * WUFB
        * WSFB
        * Windows Upgrade Analytics
        * OMS
        * etc
        For each of the above services, sometimes a company may have multiple tenants. Please allow ConfigMgr to manage multiple tenants for each of these services.

161 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  multi-tenant/ISP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Perform AD discoveries from servers other than Site Server

In flat SCCM infrastructure deployment across multiple domains it becomes troublesome to perform User/Group/Forest/System discoveries in domains other than Site Server domain, especially in DMZ, this is because Site Server has to be able to talk to other domains domain controllers and security requirements not always allow that.

This could be improved upon if we could choose to perform AD related discoveries from Site Systems (for example MP or specialized role for that purpose) other than Site Server as illustrated in the picture attached.

82 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Rework express updates for faster client installation

Per: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/deploy-use/manage-express-installation-files-for-windows-10-updates

"Using express installation files provides for smaller downloads and faster installation times on clients."

Through a case I opened with Microsoft, it was communicated to me that the current express update design is solely meant to reduce network bandwidth. There is no promise of expedited installation time. This is misleading and limits the purpose of express updates for remote office scenarios.

Additionally the express update deltas have to be decompressed and recombined in order to complete the installation which requires significant CPU usage.

The combination of these issues causes express updates to provide little benefit to customers in…

30 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Integrate LEDBAT into ConfigMgr

LEDBAT is a Congestion Control Mechanism that's coming to Windows Server 2016/Windows 10. Successfully used by BitTorrent/Apple Software Update to reduce Bandwidth Saturation during content downloads. This would make WAN transfers of content by BITS (or any other mechanism) 'give way' to other business traffic. Would also improve Software Update scans and HW/Inv Uploads to the MP. LEDBAT makes sure that only unused bandwidth is used for the transfer.

39 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add Maintenance Task Results and Details to Monitoring in Console

Today, you configure maintenance tasks under the administration workspace in the console. To see the results and details around those tasks, you have to go into the component status and parse through the SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR to see when tasks started, stopped, how many records were cleaned, or whether the task failed, or, you can run a query directly against the database that shows when the tasks last started/stopped....but even then the task names in the DB don't necessarily match the names in the console. I propose that there is an area in Monitoring workspace that shows the status for each task,…

44 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Stop CMTrace from asking us if we want to use it as the default viewer for log files in WinPE

Please add the following registry keys to WinPE whenever a Boot Image is created/updated to prevent it from asking every time if we want to use CMTrace as the default viewer for log files:

Reg add HKU\Software\Classes\.lo_ /ve /d Log.File /f

Reg add HKU\Software\Classes\.log /ve /d Log.File /f

Reg add HKU\Software\Classes\Log.File\shell\open\command /ve /d "\"x:\sms\bin\i386\CMTrace.exe\" \"%%1\"" /f

See more here: https://miketerrill.net/2017/05/13/how-to-open-cmtrace-in-winpe-like-a-boss/

36 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • TRusted Source locations - Complete the Trusted Source story

I would like to see Trusted Source locations to be added to ConfigMgr as a Node in Administration, and permission so that only Full Administrator or a specific RBA Role can manage these locations.

All ConfigMgr wizards that allow path data-entry will be changed to become a drop down list of approved Trusted Source locations. The User will be able to navigate into the folder structure of the Trusted Source location, creating new directories with a restriction on placing content on the root of the Trusted Source location, since this can induce data-loss if the sub-folder is not specified in…

39 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Stronger user notification when software installs are pending

On the lock screen - create a message that says: you have software ready to install in XX days (or by xx date, yy time) - when software is available and waiting for the install deadline. This way it is visible to users as they come back from lunch or meeting or bio.
                      Even better if you can make the screen change color (GAR) as the date gets closer ...

39 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        5 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Better default Products/Languages selections when adding a new SUP

Please provide more meaningful default products/language selections when you add a new SUP.

Now there are selected by default products that are not supported by Microsoft/ConfigMgr (e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Office 2002/XP).

Personally, there shouldn't be any products selected if you cannot provide the current (= at the time when ConfigMgr CB version was releeased) metadata information.

I don't know if there is ANY customer in the world, who would like to have all the languages that are selected by default. Only English should be selected as default.

32 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Make automatic client upgrade more intelligent to not break other running installations

Right now, the automatic Client upgrade scheduled Task is not aware of any running installations. So if appenforce.log shows a running Installation and at the same time the randomly timed scheduled tasks kicks in, the Installation cannot finish without error and will randomly leave the Installation or the SCCM Client itself in a unhealthy state. A reinstallation is the only way out.

Repro steps
                          - Activate automatic Client Upgrade in Hierarchy settings
                          - Exclude some test clients from automatic client upgrade
                          - Create an Application with a deploymenttype using a custom script
                          - As the script, use a batch file…

153 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Read Only Intune connector

Please can we have a read only Intune connector so that we are able to have asset information from standalone Intune in SCCM.

We would like to be able to utilize asset information in the way that you can with hybrid Intune, without having to use hybrid Intune. AS far as i can tell, this is not currently possible in any other way.

22 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Validate Endpoint is online for Peer Cache

When using Peer Cache, if the Peer is no longer online or not available for connect there is a 7.5 min delay to fail to the next system. if the first connection was a validation of the systems online status ("Are you there") the need for this delay would not be needed. the requesting client could attempt to make connection (presumably when it's doing the resource checks for Battery, CPU load, Disk IO and available connections) and if the connection times out (very short reasonable time) it moves to the next peer on the list.

38 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Create an OSD variable for Secure Boot - _SMSTSSecureBootState

Create an OSD variable for Secure Boot called _SMSTSSecureBootState. It should have three values depending on the state and the currently running OS: Enabled, Disabled, NA. This can be used during a TS to determine if Secure Boot should be enabled. Currently, a TS variable has to be defined and set based on if the registry key exists or not.

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • delete each collection member from the database

The "Delete each collection member from the database" tick box clickable field extends to immediately above the "OK" button, making it extremely easy to select on accident. The field should only exist within the space of the box itself, or slightly outside of it.

15 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Locate Device

Ability to locate the device (very usefull if a user lost the mobile phone)

27 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Software Center "Sort by" default view

Change default "sort by" order from "Most recent" to Alphabetic list (Application name A-Z). Or remember the setting for the client. Or allow a SysAdmin setting for site-wide default setting. It always resets back to Most recent.

87 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Include MDT and most current ADK as optional "Features" that can be installed through the Updates and Servicing Node

I would love to see both MDT and ADK integrated into all new Builds of ConfigMgr as optional Features. This enhancement would give Admins option to enable them if they choose or if they simply want to upgrade to the latest version. This alleviates the need to install MDT separately but more importantly, ends the guess work to determine what ADK is required to deploy the latest version of Windows. This enhancement will also provide a central repository for MDT and ADK by leveraging the Updates and Servicing node within the Admin Console.

24 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Retry mechanism when deleting packages

When a package is deleted from the console, the packages/apps are removed from the database. If for any reason a pull DP or DP is not available, or WMI has issues on those remotes site systems, the files on the remote SCCM content Lib are not removed. This creates orphaned files on the Content Lib and causes storage issues on the servers.
                                          We are working with a customer that as a large number of PullDP's so we would like to suggest on the behalf of our customer, to have a retry mechanism in the console to delete the content from…

41 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 89 90
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base