Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align windows 10 upgrade experience between consumer and enterprise

To support Windows 10 version upgrade, home users get one experience with nice looking popup and capabailities to postpone or define when to install. Enterprise user get an old school popup with only the option to run or cancel! User experience need to be aligned for the exact same action.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvements for search functionality

When searching, allow multiple "AND" filters on the same criterion. For example, when viewing All Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Servicing, I'm currently seeing 798 items. I can filter by language to reduce that, but I'd also like to filter on the title multiple times to exclude editions such as 'Education N', 'Pro N' and 'Team' but I can't because when I add a second Title filter, it automatically puts an "OR" operation next to it.

Also, when searching for objects like Collections or Apps in a large sub-folder structure, would it be possible to include a column inā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate sections for boundary group preferred site systems or select the role the site system will provide for group

We can assign MP, DP, and SUP to a boundary group as a client preference, but this is all within one section. It would be nice to have this broken up into the roles so we can assign accordingly. If you have servers with multiple roles you may not want clients using every role. If I have Server1 with the MP and DP role in one region and Server2 in another region with just MP. I have a boundary group set to use Server2 for MP and another server for a DP. Server2 goes down and I need to setā€¦

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. updates and servicing

show a progress bar for the download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MMC snap-in

Seems like the MMC snap-in has been removed from current versions. I wish it was still available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to schedule in-console update

Hey. It would be so nice to be able to schedule updates to sccm from the Updates and Servicing node in the console.

Any chance?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simplify everything. 1 screen for one task.

Make it possible to accomplish any task on one screen for that task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maintenance Windows for Content Downloading

Have an option within the Maintenance Window settings to not only apply the window to software updates and deployments but to the machines ability to download content as well. Sometimes there is a need to have a complete blackout of activity on machines during a certain window of time.
    This is not related to limiting the bandwidth for BITS but actually wanting nothing using resources disk, CPU etc. on the local machines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RBA Detailed report per Administrative User

Ability to right click an "Administrative User" and have the ability to export their permissions to a detailed report.

For example:

The ability to see what permissions they have for a particular role when its matched to a scope and/or a collection.

Right now I a maintain this in a spreadsheet. It is not enough to say this "Administrative User" is a package admin. Since we can create custom security roles, having the ability to see the specifics via a report per user will be very helpful.

Also when a CM update is released, please include any additions, modifications orā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use DNS for IP addresses

Use DNS records for IP addresses instead of internally discovered IP. This allows machines to change their IP, between subnets or wired/wireless

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support Scale Out File Server

Currently SCCM doesnt support SQL Databases stored on a Scale Out File Server. The installation will error out when it queries WMI on the SQL Server, also queries embedded inside of hman.dll will cause errors as it expects to find a drive letter rather than a UNC path.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SCCM with multi boot selection, like mdt + wds

Run 3rd party solutions from pxe ex: macrium, live cds ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AD User Discovery should support incremental discovery

AD User Discovery should support incremental discovery when using groups as search base. Currently this is not supported. We have the challenge to discover user being located somewhere in the Active Directory, not being allowed to discover all users. Therefore, we have only the chance to put all users in a group and discover all users from this group. Unfortunately, delta discovery is not supported for AD User Discovery. For some reasons it's supported for AD Group Discovery, but not for AD User Discovery. It would be great if this could be enabled in particular because there is no realā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve reliability and performance of Pull Distribution Points

Pull DP's are a great idea, however they are quite error prone and often just stop working. Search in any Configuration Manager forum for Pull DP's and you will see the same thing over and over, which is they often get stuck at "downloading content" and the only way to rectify it is to uninstall/reinstall the pull DP.

As I said, I really like the idea of Pull DP's. But I would like to see the product team spend some more time on them to really get them working as efficiently and effectively as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Importing a new device with variables doesn't work if you don't have access to ALL devices\ All Systems Collection

We have RBAC implemented such that console users do not have read permission to the All System collection. Instead, we have delegated collections of devices to which they can admin, using a query rule to include device objects created matching certain criteria (name starts with some defined value, no client registered, created via manual machine entry, CAS site code). The issue is that when using the computer import wizard and selecting to use a CSV for bulk import, the wizard crashes with a permission error when defining device variables. The wizard succeeds only if the devices are imported ignoring theā€¦

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export any result from console queries

I think It will be very usefull if we a way to export/print queries that we made in console, and not just from report or SQL query..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export button on inventoried software screen

Button to export the list of inventoried software directly throught the Asset and Compliance/ Inventoried software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. effective permissions

Provide the ability to see the effective permission of an administrative user in the security node. This can be similar to the effective policies for client settings. The RBA viewer provides the show me information but you are not able to pick an administrative user and see what all their inherited permissions are in the console.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base