Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Peer Cache feature not working with Workgroup Machines

- We have tested Peer Cache settings on Domain Joined machines which works well but when testing on Workgroup machines, it doesn't work and gives the error as below:
    ==========
    Detected a workgroup client or a client on internet. Superpeer agent won't start
    ==========

Please find the documentation as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/hierarchy/client-peer-cache
    Requirements and considerations for Peer Cache
    • Peer Cache is supported on any Windows OS that is supported as Configuration Manager client. Non-Windows operating systems are not supported for Peer Cache.
    • Clients can only transfer content from Peer Cache clients that are in their current boundary group.
    •…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add Bitlocker INventory information to default SCCM CB MOF (so no need for modification during MBAM Installation)

During MBAM installation there is the need to add custom Bitlocker inventory modifications to SCCM Mof file - just fricking add these customizations to default mof (and set to disabled)

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Control Log Settings from Client Settings

Set Custom Client Logging settings like Levels, History, Size and possibly Directory via Client Settings.

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Client Setting For Cloud Distribution Point and Cloud Management Gateway

Add a Client Setting for specification of Cloud Distribution Point and Cloud Management Gateway. This setting would allow to to select any combination of CDPs or CMGs in your environment to assign to clients.

By adding this feature you allow for efficient client communication to a customer's CM environment while off network. US clients can communicate with US Azure Regions, Europe clients with Europe Azure Regions, Asia with Asia, etc.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add toast notification time to client settings

Toast notification time needs to be adjustable in client settings.
            Default time is too short to be easily missed.

I know this time setting is easily altered from registry with GPO, but in Client Settings it could be targeted much better and more easily.

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Increase timeout for software inventory or allow it to be user settable

My software inventory frequently times out. I'd like to see either
              1. ability to set the default timeout value
              2. Ability to break the software inventory queries into groups to run at different times

-Greg

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Separate Computer Restart policy for Software Updates vs Applications

It would help to have a separate Computer Restart timers for Software Updates and Applications (Or everything else).

Many of my customers would like to set a 24 hour Computer Restart for Software Updates, but something like 120 min for Applications or Packages.

Currently, the timer for Computer Restarts is tied to anything that triggers a reboot.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Software Center View Settings configurable in Client Settings

Would love to see the ability to set list view or tile view for Software Center in the Client Settings. List view is much easier to read that tile view and having users change it manually is difficult. Not to mention the settings don't save.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • change display name for manufacturer or product in hardware inventory

be able to change display name for manufacturer or product in hardware inventory of client settings, not just software inventory.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Advertisement Status in Client properties

In the collection when we select a Device -> Right Click Properties we get below tabs

General/Deployement/Variables, Could we have more details in Deployement like Status of deployement(Success/Failed/No Status) in addition to (Software,Program,Type,Collection) so administrator will instant details of deployment status

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Client cache idea

I was at MMS and I know you guys are working on this, but I thought I would share a simple idea in case no one has thought of it. Make the current cache size setting into the "Base" cache size. Add a second setting called "Expanded" cache size. Normally the cache will be at the base size, but when it needs to download something larger than the base amount, the expanded setting kicks into effect. For the expanded setting, you specify "Use up to x% of free space on drive" The expanded setting would use as much cache as…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Custom Client setting allows creating shared folder on a device, like SCCM Client log folder

Enterprise security policy may block C$ share. File collection targeted to a collection may be also prohibited due to network traffic concern. It is troublesome to analyze sccm client log file for troubleshooting remotely even the support has local administrative right on the PC, as it requires to re-create the C$ share first, and unshare it later. It would be nice to also have an option to copy certain OS files to this share, for example, windowsupdate.log. RBAC should govern who can create the share and who can control the file copy list. This should make supporting SCCM environment easier…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Automated Client Cache Cleanup (Date Range Option)

Would like the ability to select a date range in client settings to automatically purge client ccmcache files as well as Endpoint protection/Defender old definition updates. This process should be automated possibly run with ccmeval or the client health tasks. Would prefer not to have to use a third party solution or script.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Move Power Management to Client Settings from Collection Properties

Currently, Power Management is assigned to collections. Machines can be in many collections so one needs to be careful to make separate collections and use them exclusively for power settings. If a computer is in multiple collections with power management settings, then the results are unpredictable. If Power Management were moved to client settings, then the Power Managemebnt settings would be predictable and follow other well known and understood models of management. The Client Setting with the highest score would win. Even seasoned CCM admins when asked to adjust power settings looks into Client Settings and wonders why they cant…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base