Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show Last Backup Time of Site in Console (SQL / Site Maintenance)

It would be really useful to have the Last Backup Time of the SQL database and successful site maintenance task listed somewhere against each site. In addition, being able to right-click on a site and selecting "see backup log" would be useful (displaying the smsbkup.log or corresponding status messages for the SMS_SITE_BACKUP component via the console). This would make checking for successful backups much simpler for admins.

So far the only screen I can see this being useful on is under Admin > Hierarchy Configuration > Sites, but it obviously fits better under Monitoring. Maybe a new node is required,ā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. statesys logging bug

Noticed a snip in the statesys.log that seems incorrect.

~SQL Replication type has not been set for G:\SCCM\inboxes\auth\statesys.box\outgoing\kqnoukh5.SMW, replicating to (oma), inbox: \\<ServerFQDN>\SMS_<sitecode>\inboxes\replmgr.box

Notice where it says replicating to and then gives what seems like it should be a site code. We notice that in some cases this message actually references the correct site code but most of the time is just some random combination of 3 characters.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Computer Management and Explore Computers C: Drive from Console

Option to open Computer Management and Explore Computers C: Drive from SCCM console when right clicking in a computer.

When trubleshooting a machie it would be nive to have an easy wasy to open file explorer at C: drive, just by right clicking on the machine.
    Currently i have to either copy hostname and C$ to it.

It would also be helpful to be able to open Computer managment console for machine in quiestion from SCCM console.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. If you could add links to the log locations under the Monitoring Workspace that would be a real time saver!

Having shortcuts to the log files, both regular and SMS logs in the Monitoring Workspace seems rather logical to me.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Application troubleshooting information

When we need to troubleshoot application model deployment issues, you need to find, Application CI_Unique_ID, DeploymentType ID's, Deployment ID's and ContentID's.
    There are several different ways to get all these information. But there is no easy way. Either you need to search around in the console, adding new columns, or you need to run the console in debug mode to get those information. Unfortunately, all of these methods are difficult to low-level support agents. So it would be very nice to have a right click option in the console for applications, to get all information that is needed including dp'sā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right-click options for computer in Deployment Status

I would like to be able to right-click a computer in the Deployment Status details and have options like remote control.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Document SCCM site from Console

We do a lot of projects and due diligence reports.
    It would be nice to be able to document the site from the SCCM console - it can be written to a word-pad document and later just be saved to a word format

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use the Migration Manager account for all Migration-related tasks

During CM-migration from source to target sites the Migration Manager account is not entirely used. Instead, the machine account of the target site server is used to access objects and source files in the source site, like Images, Boot-Images and Driver Packages. Thus, when migrating cross Domian without AD-Trust, we cannot migrate these objects due to access errors. This is truly annoying. If the Migration Manager account from the source domain would be used consequently, there won't be this problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The 1802 installer is completely broken when attempting to install against an SQL HA configuration with a listener. The installer

The 1802 installer is broken / bugged when attempting to install fresh to a SQL HA configuration with a listener. The installer will not resolve or parse a named instance into the SQL string even if the pre-req checks are passed. We've tested against 1702 and this works perfectly, so at the moment we are unable to deploy 1802 to our environment at all, because of this bug. This is pretty disappointing as it means we've spent 3 days attempting to work out why this product will not install and has left our new environment without an SCCM platform. Notā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Powershell cmdlet that tests a client's Update Deployment health

A PowerShell cmdlet that will test the connectivity and communication of the client to the SCCM server. This is requested as there are multiple articles that document the Updates process for SCCM 2007 but none that provide a high level overview for SCCM 2012. Powershell would be ideal as it is able to execute WMI methods then query SCCM logs to verify the success or failure (along with the error message) of the SCCM 2012 Updates process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How do I troubleshoot Windows Defender Application Guard policy?

I implemented WDAG via group policy easily.
    Switched to ConfigMgr control of it and I cannot get it to work. Trying to manage the exclusions, etc. I cannot roll back (only on my machine) I deleted the deployment. how can I tell what configmgr is doing on a client regards updating wdag settings, etc?
    the documentation refers to group policy controlled wdag, but the terms are different.
    Anyway, I'm not an idiot, but I don't understand how it's working/not working. I'm sure it's amazing, but I'm missing something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restart SMS Agent Service

Add in a client notification option to be able to restart the SMS Agent service on a machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. CMTrace Toggle in Software Center

The ability to toggle split pane cmtrace in Software Centre. I like to see whatā€™s going on when Iā€™m patching, the ability to toggle a CMTrace pane showing tabs for the relevant client logs during patching e.g wuhandler.log, updateshandler.log, statemessage.log

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Addition of Aritificial Intelliegence(AI) feature to SCCM client can be next big thing

If developers can add AI features to SCCM client, it can be next big thing in Configuration Manager.

I think with help of AI:
    1) SCCM client can understand nature of connectivity. If laptop is connected to public WiFi or home or customer network, IBCM client installed on that laptop connects to DMZ placed IBCM server only irrespective of whether laptop has VPN tunnel established to corporate network or it has successful DA connection etc.

2) Can able to figure it out maximum reason of client health issue.

3) Can able to figure out patch deployment installation failure issue.

4)ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate Servicing Extension Tool

It would be great if the Servicing Extension Tool released in 2014 would be integrated to the Current Branch Version. Separate installation still works for CB and show all Release KBs, new blogs, Site Versions and Client Targeting. See attached figure. So adding this stuff to current "Updates and Servicing" section as sub point would be fantastic. This helps also the community to see directly new KBs and information about issues etc. and they can faster react to fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to right click on a device and run a ping.

I would be nice to be able to open a device collection, right click on a device and start a ping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add link to Component Status description errors

When reviewing Component Status error messages the description field is often vague and leaves one guessing as to what the issue really is. Would be nice if MS could add a link to description field or another area that would point to specific and relevant information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scheduled actions timeline

Is it possible to add a way to view Config Manager Client scheduled actions as interpreting scheduler.log needs a manual when you factor in randomisation and deferals?

Would be particularly helpful when troubleshooting policy evaluation and configuration items

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when importing drivers or any other task, display hyperlink to log file

When importing drivers and many other tasks, configuration manager displays a notice for the logfile to monitor the task, but there is no hyperlink to open the same. The admin shouldn't have to go searching for these logs, but be presented a hyperlink to the directory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base