Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide more information on Packages on the API.

Provide more information on Packages on the API. Applications provide way more information. It would be nice to have that for Packages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Forced Reboots After A Certain Period of Time Despite User Control

I would like an option where we can set a window of availability where the end users can postpone a reboot after an update but then is forced to reboot anyway after a certain period of time.

What I mean is that yes, the users get the Software Update Center window that allows them to customize their options but if they don't reboot within a certain period of time, it'll reboot anyway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Consolidate control panel functions into Software Center

As Windows 10 moves to Settings rather than Control Panel, the features and functions of the Configuration Manager Control Panel get harder to access and more antiquated compared to Software Center, plus they give two very different places to go to manage the client.

Why not completely consolidate the current Control Panel functionality into Software Center via the Options section or other area. If there are concerns about user permissions, put them behind a UAC lock.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Software Center dialog boxes need fit and finish improvements

In the new Software Center 1710, The dialog boxes need some tweaking. When you have Software that requires Approval, After the software is approved. the Dialog Box still says -Software needs approved and has a dialog box - This is confusing to the user. Even though below it, it says installing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Software Center

The Share function on Software Center provide a link which requires the user to copy and paste the copied link to IE in order to activate.

I would expect it to be an active link where user can just click to access the software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fluent

Add Fluent Design to the Software Center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SCCM/WSUS missing updates

Sometimes systems will pickup updates, where SCCM/WSUS was not able to. Not a good thing when you have to double check your monthly deployments. Get it fixed. See case#118041918036415.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Microsoft Systems Management Server and Clustered Server Environments

The SMS initial design did not include support for any form of clustered server; therefore services such as the SMS_Executive service were not written to handle the failure of a clustered system. For this reason, Microsoft does not support any version of SMS in a cluster server environment.

In SMS versions 1.x, clustered drives caused problems to several services on a site server, many of which were sub-threads of the SMS_Executive service. For this reason, SMS version 1.x was not supported on clustered servers. SMS version 1.x was designed to be able to recover on its own from certain failures.ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Software Center Updates Node - (re)enable sorting

In older versions of SCCM, you could sort on "Status", "Publisher" and "Name" in the Updates node of Software Center.

This was very helpful when installing updates - being able to sort on status in particular ("pending verification", "restart pending", "installing", etc.)

Please bring this functionality back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop a Software Updates Synchronization

During a training session I misread a Lab on Software Updates. I ran the Synchronization and proceeded to download 10k+ software updates because I did not choose the specific updates I needed for the lab correctly. I had to continue to another lab while I waited for the Synchronization to complete. This is entirely my fault, but my instructor thought this would be a good idea to see if it would be possible to stop a running synchronization of Software Updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How can I see which version my Software Center is? Is this the same as build?

I have trouble downloading an app on a client computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have an arborescence in the Software Center

Ability to add some folders in the Software Center to view all available applications in a more efficient way.
    The applications are added in those container (like the categories currently), to have a better organization of apps.

Some samples of folders/containers : Productivity, Development, IT, and so on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deploy OSD from Software Center as Required TS

When pushing OSD from Software Center it works ok if made Available but always fails if pushed as Required. Would like to see Software Center wait until ALL portions of the Policy are downloaded before allowing it to proceed or show in SC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Friendly/Localized names for task sequences

I'd like to see the ability to give Task Sequences friendly/localized named, like you can with apps/packages. In fact, replicating the entire "Application Catalog" tab of an application properties dialog in the task sequence properties dialog would be even better. This would also give the option of TS-specific descriptions/icons/keywords/categories/etc.

My reasoning is that our organization is effectively multi-tenant, and we're required to name our task sequences and other content with prefixes denoting department. This makes for annoying and unfriendly TS names when listed in Software Center or the task sequence list of WinPE. I see no reason why endpoints shouldā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to see some kind of exception tab for Software installs based on user device or user device affinity.

I would like to a have an exception tab so I can put certain users or certain devices in this tab. This tab would be available after creating an application in the console and can be accessed from properties of the application the software library. This allows for those user or devices in which we have certain rollout of software or application that could be rolled out to most devices of a company but not install for something like a manufacturing device that needs to stay on an older version of software or not have the software installed at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Software Center - Group By Installed / Not Installed

This would make is much easier to see what has and hasn't been installed on a device without having to open it up!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Select all Apps in a Category in Software Center

Add a "Select All" when you filter apps by category. This would allow our Accounting users to install ALL of the accounting apps without have to check dozens of boxes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add custom alerts to Software Center installs

We have some software that is rather larger, like the Adobe Suite, and it would be nice to display a message to the user depending on the program they try and install. Some users might try and install the whole suite when they are in a location with poor wireless coverage. If we could create a notification that said "Adobe Creative Suite is a large installer. Please dock your computer before performing this install."

That would be awesome. Another example is some programs (Adobe Acrobat DC) sometimes report as installed correctly, but really failed because PowerPoint is running. The failureā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ability for creating costum start menu

please create a possiblity to add applications to group of applications that will be shown in the windows 10 start menu.
    would be great if windows10 start menu could be configured and cleaned by the sccm console. in production environment noboby wants to have a big bling bling start menu. Just the applications that where needed and administrated by the sccm console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Software Center

Ability to sort applications in Software Center not from the "Sort by:" pull down, but rather by clicking on the Heading of the section you want to sort. This would be more in line with how Excel tables allow you to sort by field by clicking on the column header.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base