Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Software Center Updates Node - (re)enable sorting

In older versions of SCCM, you could sort on "Status", "Publisher" and "Name" in the Updates node of Software Center.

This was very helpful when installing updates - being able to sort on status in particular ("pending verification", "restart pending", "installing", etc.)

Please bring this functionality back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop a Software Updates Synchronization

During a training session I misread a Lab on Software Updates. I ran the Synchronization and proceeded to download 10k+ software updates because I did not choose the specific updates I needed for the lab correctly. I had to continue to another lab while I waited for the Synchronization to complete. This is entirely my fault, but my instructor thought this would be a good idea to see if it would be possible to stop a running synchronization of Software Updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How can I see which version my Software Center is? Is this the same as build?

I have trouble downloading an app on a client computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have an arborescence in the Software Center

Ability to add some folders in the Software Center to view all available applications in a more efficient way.
    The applications are added in those container (like the categories currently), to have a better organization of apps.

Some samples of folders/containers : Productivity, Development, IT, and so on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deploy OSD from Software Center as Required TS

When pushing OSD from Software Center it works ok if made Available but always fails if pushed as Required. Would like to see Software Center wait until ALL portions of the Policy are downloaded before allowing it to proceed or show in SC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see some kind of exception tab for Software installs based on user device or user device affinity.

I would like to a have an exception tab so I can put certain users or certain devices in this tab. This tab would be available after creating an application in the console and can be accessed from properties of the application the software library. This allows for those user or devices in which we have certain rollout of software or application that could be rolled out to most devices of a company but not install for something like a manufacturing device that needs to stay on an older version of software or not have the software installed at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Software Center sometimes looks for old application revisions

Sometimes when updating applications I notice that Software Center will still look for an old revision of the application. Application is deployed to a user collection, and even after running the user action in the client on the machine, it still looks for the old revision. If I delete that revision from the console and try to install again, it will just immediately fail because it can't find that revision. I end up having to run all the user actions and wait a few minutes in order to fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Software Center - Receive notification once software is approved

User requests software. Admin approves software. User has no way to know when the new software request has been approved.

It would be nice if there was a Toast Window to display, "You're new software was approved and is now ready for you to install. Click here to install."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Software Center - Group By Installed / Not Installed

This would make is much easier to see what has and hasn't been installed on a device without having to open it up!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Select all Apps in a Category in Software Center

Add a "Select All" when you filter apps by category. This would allow our Accounting users to install ALL of the accounting apps without have to check dozens of boxes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add custom alerts to Software Center installs

We have some software that is rather larger, like the Adobe Suite, and it would be nice to display a message to the user depending on the program they try and install. Some users might try and install the whole suite when they are in a location with poor wireless coverage. If we could create a notification that said "Adobe Creative Suite is a large installer. Please dock your computer before performing this install."

That would be awesome. Another example is some programs (Adobe Acrobat DC) sometimes report as installed correctly, but really failed because PowerPoint is running. The failureā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ability for creating costum start menu

please create a possiblity to add applications to group of applications that will be shown in the windows 10 start menu.
    would be great if windows10 start menu could be configured and cleaned by the sccm console. in production environment noboby wants to have a big bling bling start menu. Just the applications that where needed and administrated by the sccm console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Software Center

Ability to sort applications in Software Center not from the "Sort by:" pull down, but rather by clicking on the Heading of the section you want to sort. This would be more in line with how Excel tables allow you to sort by field by clicking on the column header.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable copy paste features from software center.

Would like to be able to use copy paste features in the software center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. LockScreen Integration & User Information improvement

For Software Center or the agent should it be possible to bublish the most important Information like reboot times, Service Releases or big Updates Wave where are available directly to the LockScreen of Windows 10. The user Information improvement should also be better in the Software Center directly.

Another cool feature should be the Integration of requestable Localadmin Priviledge out of the Software Center. Like a JIT Integration for Primary users. so that we can remove local adminrigts completly an let SCCM controll a requestable Access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reword Dialog "Software changes must be applied to your computer after..."

"Software changes must be applied to your computer after xx/xx/xxxx"

The wording here is kind of awkward in this dialog box. Saying that the updates "must be applied after" hints that the user might have to apply these updates manually after the deadline. I've had calls from users wondering if we want them to do something after the deadline. I think the dialog's intention would be clearer if it said something like:

"Software changes will automatically be applied to your computer after XX/XX/XXXX at XX:XX AM/PM"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Software Center icon on desktop

I would love the ability to put the Software Center icon on the desktop instead of burying it in the Start menu. That way my users have a quick and easy way to get to it. Maybe there's already a way to do it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy Packages

With the application model, I can right click an application and copy the settings. Under Packages, I cannot copy a package easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a command line switch that can be ran remotely to set computer as primary for end user. The Web link works OK but a lot forget it

Add a command line switch that can be ran remotely to set computer as primary for end user. The Web link works OK but a lot of techs and end users forget to set the machine.

I've scripted opening the Web portal but if I'm not setting up the PC other techs forget.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base