Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WinRM SSL for installation of remote site systems + TCP 445.

Need certificate based communication between site server and site systems for server role installation. Need to remove dependency on RPC Dynamic ports and use WinRM SSL for secure communication and installation of site roles. This would improve security by eliminating a high range of ports that must be open between site systems.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Issues after upgrading to 1706

Iā€™ve updates to 1706 in my lab. There are a few things that they donā€™t work appropriate way.
    1) Log compmon.log said that ā€œCan not get the current execution state for component CONFIGURATIONMANAGERUPDATE since it is not installed or completed installing.ā€. That is not true.The update process is finished. The console said all tasks were completed.
    2) Configuration Manager Service Manager does not communicate with most of components. I have no idea why because they work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. DB gets into single user mode

Where certain database settings got changed on ConfigMgr database.
    We should have a bug to have a prereq check to give error that ConfigMgr admin to validate the database settings before upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow clients under branch offices to get proxy MP information from assigned secondary site

By default (that am seeing) , clients under branch offices will not get proxy management info unless you add the boundaries of branches into boundary group with mp defined .
    Lets take ex: I have lot of branch offices in location that has secondary site with MP,DP,SUP (a.ak. proxy MP) .So when i create boundary group for these branch office boundaries ,i do not specific the MP info in site system tab ,because i do not want my branch office clients to download the content from sec site which is DP and also MP. In this case ,i have notā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Document SCCM site from Console

We do a lot of projects and due diligence reports.
    It would be nice to be able to document the site from the SCCM console - it can be written to a word-pad document and later just be saved to a word format

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have templates for Windows Server Roles that Site Systems use when deploying

When installing site systems like SUP I want to have specified an template for how Windows Server should be configured like IIS, WSUS Application Pool etc. in addition to installing the WinSrv Roles. This can bed slightly different from customer to customer and would make it easier for them to deploy new Site Systems with a consistency. Stability would go up and troubleshooting would be easier. Thinking about all Site System roles, not only SUP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When running the "Modify site database configuration" option, do a sql server collation test

When running the "Modify site database configuration" option, do a sql server collation test to the remote SQL servers . We had the case that we overlooked the CP1CIAS requirements as the DB admin just configured CI_AS. When not the right Server Collation Instance , just stop the migration

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upgrading Secondary Site Servers to 1802 failed due to prereqs detection

At a customer I've updated the Primary Site Server to 1802, this went without problems. The customer has 7 sec.sites. From ConfigMgr Console I started the upgrade which failed. In ConfigMgrSetup.log it stated that the SQLSysClrTypes.msi failed to install (see attachment). This prerequisite was already installed on the server. Also the 'Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objectā€™ was already installed. Which eventually gave the same issue.
    I've worked around the issue by removing the MSI Installer registrations of these 2 prereqs in the registry. The upgrade was now able to end successful.
    Somehow the Upgrade sequence doesn't check if theseā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alert Notification during site backup

Stop subscriptions and notifications during backup. For example do not alert on unhealthy role because they are stopped by backup task.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Non Matching Custom Port DP Sharing/Migration Support

Would like to see the product support moving from a 2012 hierarchy which is using custom ports for client communication and IIS bindings, into a CB hierarchy that is using default ports. My understanding is that both environments need to match exactly from a port perspective and we have over 400 remote DP's that will need to be removed manually from SCCM 2012, reimaged and then redeployed as remote DP in CB all over slow links. We have no internet connectivity options for a cloud DP scenario in these location (like China). This will significantly delay our migration globally toā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make SQL broker port in use detection part of pre-req itself

The setup fails to configure SQL Broker during the setup and it is such a pain to cleanup everything after that. SQL broker port in use detection ( in case we install 2nd site in the hierarchy) should be part of pre-req itself. we manually specify the broker port in setup wizard and thus we should have a pre-req check in before we begin the actual setup process.

Setup fails with below error as we don't do it at the moment.

ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Received error [Setup failed to configure SQL Service Broker. Possible Cause: Each Configuration Manager siteā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use the Migration Manager account for all Migration-related tasks

During CM-migration from source to target sites the Migration Manager account is not entirely used. Instead, the machine account of the target site server is used to access objects and source files in the source site, like Images, Boot-Images and Driver Packages. Thus, when migrating cross Domian without AD-Trust, we cannot migrate these objects due to access errors. This is truly annoying. If the Migration Manager account from the source domain would be used consequently, there won't be this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Site server HA e2e on a maximum of 2 machines

HA should always be able to run on a maximum of 2 machines. This includes all remote roles, as well as provider, as well as reporting, as well as SQL (including AO). Don't require any roles to be remote from the 2 machines.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Support removing IIS server header with all SCCM site system servers

Please support removing IIS server header with all SCCM site system servers for better security.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Management Point Health Alert

When adding an MP, the box "Generate alert when MP is not health" is never checked by default. Should be checked by default, and why is this even an option? I don't see a scenario where an Admin wouldn't want to know the MP isn't health.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would like to ability to monitor Secondary Site upgrade in the Monitoring workspace

Would like to ability to monitor Secondary Site upgrade in the Monitoring workspace

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Azure File Storage support for Remote Content Library

For Site Server high availability, it is recommended to host Content Library and Package source on a remote location. Please add the support for using Azure Files (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/storage/files/).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. maintenance mode automatically when upgrade secondary site

Maintenance Mode feature is cool, but it would be nice when i upgrade or recovery secondary site, that contains DP, he had been on maintenance mode automatically.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. preserve permissions on cd.latest folder after CM update

After applying an SCCM update via in-console servicing, permissions on the cd.latest folder are not retained. This requires any process/account backing up the cd.latest folder to have read access re-granted after every SCCM update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "Enable Branchcache" box for the SUP Role.

I was having trouble with BranchCache not deploying any updates. My SUP is on a standalone server and after some light digging I discovered that you have to enable that feature separately. It would be nice if the SUP properties section had "Enable BranchCache" option like the Distribution Point Role.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base