Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow relay of Active Directory discovery and publishing

Give the option to allow for the discovery/publishing of Active Directory data to be relayed through a designated site system on a per domain/forest basis. Maybe create a new role, i.e. "Active Directory Services Point", that can be set on site systems and designate them for specific AD domains/forests. This would greatly relieve permissions and firewall rules when managing clients across multiple (and sometimes untrusted) forests.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. IIS application pool check on upgrade and on MP settings change

I stumbled upon a problem where someone added one additional virtual directory in "CCM CLient Deployment Pool". And because of that the result was that clients couldn't connect to MP and didn't et applications and updates and policies. IIS was misconfigured -> "CCM Server Framework Pool" was missing and instead of that there was "BEGIN PROPERTY" application pool. Reason was that setup couldn't delete "CCM CLient Deployment Pool" and after that all was messed up. I think that there should be better error handling in case when there are problems with deleting/creating/recreating IIS Application pools. Right now upgrade went withoutā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Service Connection Point - resume download file

CM Upgrade date is very large file. So, I want to resume download on Service Connection Point.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Active Directory Sites should be unique on something more than just name

Currently, if you have forests that have the same Active Directory Site name in them, SCCM only imports the first one it finds as a boundary. This makes using a Site as a boundary very unreliable when assigning site systems.
    For example:
    Forest a.com has a Site 'HQ'
    Forest b.com also has a Site 'HQ'
    SCCM imports a.com/HQ as AD Site, ignoring b.com/HQ
    Client pc1.b.com is in Site HQ in b.com, but due to the boundary mixup, tries to access the DP in a.com, which it doesn't trust.
    If Sites were made to be unique in a "(domain or forest)/Site"ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Configuration Manager Console Setup silent install

Please add consolesetup.exe parameter to uncheck the option "Start the Configuration Manager console after you close the Setup Wizard".

This enables silent installs of the console and avoiding confusion when user installs the software from SCCM while logged on using a normal user account but needs to start the console using Run as Different user using a admin account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. In updates and servicing allow for redownload update when something goes wrong an update

We are unable to redownload an update under updates and servicing. Sometimes an update has a problem when downloading and it gets greyed out.
    There is no easy way to redownload the update and we are stuck with an update that cannot be applied anymore

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like not to have to sign in every single day multiple times I would like my thing set per minute I have the same password the same e

Do you think that you can bring it back to the way it was so I don't have to sign in multiple times a day and I keep getting an era I never had to do this before and it's driving me crazy you have my email address you have my phone number and my password I should not have to be signing in every day multiple times

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include all Pre-Reqs on Media Installtion Disk

Include all Pre-Req files needed for new install or upgrade from supported platforms
    Many of us are on secure networks with no internet connectivity. Getting the pre-req files to the system is nearly if not impossible with the current installation method. Some customers such as myself are not allowed to transfer files from the secure network to an internet facing system, negating the setup downloader method

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SCCM Upgrades or Installs that set recommended SQL Express settings

Currently upgrades or installs of a Secondary Site set undesired settings. Foe example every time we upgrade a secondary site Auto-Close is enabled on the SQL DB for that server

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When upgrading, test for high CPU usage on SQL

Ran into an issue when upgrading from v1606 to v1610 that the SQL failed to run due to high CPU usage (SQL was being ran on a separate box). Was not noticed until after the upgrade had already started. Maybe one of the pre-req checks for upgrading to SCCM is to look at the average CPU usage by SQL to see if that host will complete the upgrade in a timely manner and reduce the risk of failing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add additional functionality to Cloud Management Gateway

Adding capability of managing user policy, Application Catalog through Cloud proxy management servers would remove the dependency on hosting any servers in DMZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the restore option easy to implement

Currently the restore process can be done only if the machine has the same name. It would be nice to have an option to restore the Primary site on a machine with a different name and higher operating system. Also provide some added intelligence for the restore process with a check list interface enabling administrators to check if the pre-requisites are met. This would also help in a DR scanario with standby servers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prioritize < mb/gb Content to distribute

When I commission a new DP I send content from the PS where I can't use pull from a nearer DP. This includes many apps and OS images, updates etc. Many apps are easily less that 50 mb (75% of the content) and update packages and OS images are much larger (25%). I know I can prioritise the distribution for each app but often the requirement is for these small apps first so we can make use of our service. Sites tend to test OSD over a longer period and we set Update to go to MS if unavailable.

Iā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Upgrade from 1610 to 1702

There seems to be a bug with the pre-req check for the MP upgrade. MSXML6 check fails then the MP fails to install. I had to run ccmclean /client then restart server. Then the MP installed and the 1702 upgrade completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SCCM Client, Site settings, Maintenance TASKS Migration

Migration not happening below objects, so any possibility for upcoming new releases ?
    > Custom Client Settings
    > IBCM MP/DP
    > Site Settings
    > Maintenance Tasks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Updates and servicing should honor file replication schedule

With 1702 was a 1gb download, secondary sites over a sat link were congested beyond their transfer windows. It would great if the next distribution used both binary differencing as well as honoring the replication schedule

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Daylight saving time

I am using SCCM Current Branch 1702 and daylight saving seems to be back, Where when deploying anything you must put the deployment time back one hour.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A report to tell administrators when a new update is available through Updates and Servicing. Our console admins aren't too observant...

A report or email notification to tell administrators when a new update is available through Updates and Servicing. Our console admins aren't too observant...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to seperate the roles for example DP and PXE should be two different roles.

I would love to separate roles instead of having PXE embedded with the DP role they should be separate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. WinRM SSL for installation of remote site systems + TCP 445.

Need certificate based communication between site server and site systems for server role installation. Need to remove dependency on RPC Dynamic ports and use WinRM SSL for secure communication and installation of site roles. This would improve security by eliminating a high range of ports that must be open between site systems.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base