Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Perform AD discoveries from servers other than Site Server

In flat SCCM infrastructure deployment across multiple domains it becomes troublesome to perform User/Group/Forest/System discoveries in domains other than Site Server domain, especially in DMZ, this is because Site Server has to be able to talk to other domains domain controllers and security requirements not always allow that.

This could be improved upon if we could choose to perform AD related discoveries from Site Systems (for example MP or specialized role for that purpose) other than Site Server as illustrated in the picture attached.

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Daylight saving time

I am using SCCM Current Branch 1702 and daylight saving seems to be back, Where when deploying anything you must put the deployment time back one hour.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. splunk integration with sccm database information

I'd like to have a Splunk agent so I can build easy queries against my database, so I can realtime monitor my compliancy, deployment progress etc...

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include MDT and most current ADK as optional "Features" that can be installed through the Updates and Servicing Node

I would love to see both MDT and ADK integrated into all new Builds of ConfigMgr as optional Features. This enhancement would give Admins option to enable them if they choose or if they simply want to upgrade to the latest version. This alleviates the need to install MDT separately but more importantly, ends the guess work to determine what ADK is required to deploy the latest version of Windows. This enhancement will also provide a central repository for MDT and ADK by leveraging the Updates and Servicing node within the Admin Console.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Last Backup Time of Site in Console (SQL / Site Maintenance)

It would be really useful to have the Last Backup Time of the SQL database and successful site maintenance task listed somewhere against each site. In addition, being able to right-click on a site and selecting "see backup log" would be useful (displaying the smsbkup.log or corresponding status messages for the SMSSITEBACKUP component via the console). This would make checking for successful backups much simpler for admins.

So far the only screen I can see this being useful on is under Admin > Hierarchy Configuration > Sites, but it obviously fits better under Monitoring. Maybe a new nodeā€¦

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Eliminate need for clients at Secondary Sites to ever contact Primary Site's MP

Clients can use the Proxy MP at Secondary Sites for most communication. However some communications must fall back to the primary site's MP. For example - client registration.

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Multi Tenant support for Microsoft cloud services integrated with ConfigMgr

We hear this request a lot, so I'm adding it here.
    ConfigMgr integrates with many Microsoft Cloud Services:
    * WUFB
    * WSFB
    * Windows Upgrade Analytics
    * OMS
    * etc
    For each of the above services, sometimes a company may have multiple tenants. Please allow ConfigMgr to manage multiple tenants for each of these services.

780 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  29 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Updates and servicing should honor file replication schedule

With 1702 was a 1gb download, secondary sites over a sat link were congested beyond their transfer windows. It would great if the next distribution used both binary differencing as well as honoring the replication schedule

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SCCM Client, Site settings, Maintenance TASKS Migration

Migration not happening below objects, so any possibility for upcoming new releases ?
    > Custom Client Settings
    > IBCM MP/DP
    > Site Settings
    > Maintenance Tasks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upgrade from 1610 to 1702

There seems to be a bug with the pre-req check for the MP upgrade. MSXML6 check fails then the MP fails to install. I had to run ccmclean /client then restart server. Then the MP installed and the 1702 upgrade completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Geographical view that allows for adding site system location

With the ability to support 250 DPs and 2000 PDPs on a site, it would be helpful to be able to see the site systems on a map. Currently, the geographical view only accommodates site servers. DPs also make good sense, since they are typically geographically dispersed and would make a pretty map to show off to management.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Client Setting For Cloud Distribution Point and Cloud Management Gateway

Add a Client Setting for specification of Cloud Distribution Point and Cloud Management Gateway. This setting would allow to to select any combination of CDPs or CMGs in your environment to assign to clients.

By adding this feature you allow for efficient client communication to a customer's CM environment while off network. US clients can communicate with US Azure Regions, Europe clients with Europe Azure Regions, Asia with Asia, etc.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Migration of Client Settings

I've been migrating our SCCM 1606 infrastructure across servers, and while it's been fairly smooth sailing so far, I just discovered that I'm not offered the option to migrate my (10-12) custom Client Settings.

The official documentation on this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/migration/determine-whether-to-migrate-data#Cannot_migrate - doesn't list Client Settings that can or cannot be migrated. Am I missing something, or was it just forgotten about in the design of the migration wizard?

Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Prioritize < mb/gb Content to distribute

When I commission a new DP I send content from the PS where I can't use pull from a nearer DP. This includes many apps and OS images, updates etc. Many apps are easily less that 50 mb (75% of the content) and update packages and OS images are much larger (25%). I know I can prioritise the distribution for each app but often the requirement is for these small apps first so we can make use of our service. Sites tend to test OSD over a longer period and we set Update to go to MS if unavailable.

Iā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Additional logging for DP upgrade

I would like to have additional logging when Distribution points get updated. Currently the update process is not really verbose if you look it from the SCCM Console point of view.
    I had an issue with dll's not being upgraded in the DP Upgrade process and there was no trace of the error.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the restore option easy to implement

Currently the restore process can be done only if the machine has the same name. It would be nice to have an option to restore the Primary site on a machine with a different name and higher operating system. Also provide some added intelligence for the restore process with a check list interface enabling administrators to check if the pre-requisites are met. This would also help in a DR scanario with standby servers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add additional functionality to Cloud Management Gateway

Adding capability of managing user policy, Application Catalog through Cloud proxy management servers would remove the dependency on hosting any servers in DMZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disconnect Primary Site from CAS to be a Standalone

I have seen environments where network issues have become such a problem with a CAS and multi Primary sites, that they repeatedly go into maintenance mode. As a result their site(s) basically become inoperable. This repeatedly occurs over time, so even trying to resolve DRS won't fix what's the inevitable.

It would be super awesome if there was a features and ability to remove a primary site from a CAS hierarchy to become a standalone and continue to be fully operational.

Some ideas could be to pull those site boundaries that had belonged to the site to be removed fromā€¦

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for ReFS

Microsoft is doubling down on ReFS. It was introduced back in Server 2012 and is now the go to File Systems for all things storage. Currently, you can only install CM on a NTFS partition, as it is blocked during the install. I would also like to see support for ReFS with Distribution Points. This would allow customers to use features like Storage Spaces Direct if they have very large sets of data for content, or need to share storage.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When upgrading, test for high CPU usage on SQL

Ran into an issue when upgrading from v1606 to v1610 that the SQL failed to run due to high CPU usage (SQL was being ran on a separate box). Was not noticed until after the upgrade had already started. Maybe one of the pre-req checks for upgrading to SCCM is to look at the average CPU usage by SQL to see if that host will complete the upgrade in a timely manner and reduce the risk of failing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base