Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCCM Upgrades or Installs that set recommended SQL Express settings

Currently upgrades or installs of a Secondary Site set undesired settings. Foe example every time we upgrade a secondary site Auto-Close is enabled on the SQL DB for that server

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix "Invalid Object Name 'SetupInfo' "

Resolve the error described here - this is the type of error that results in customers needlessly rebuilding servers to get around it:

https://www.anoopcnair.com/unable-to-start-sccm-configmgr-cb-setup-installation-invalid-object-name-setupinfo/.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Improvements to SQL AlwaysOn Pre-Requisite detection

Improve the SQL AlwaysOn Pre-Requisite detection so that "Set Trustworthy" and "Enable CLR" are flagged; if that's not possible prior to DB creation, could a note be added to the pre-req page with a warning stating these pre-reqs for SQL AlwaysOn? Today using 1606 baseline media, the installation nearly completes and then logs this error when those pre-reqs are not installed:

INFO: SQL Connection succeeded. Connection: <myserver> CMXXX, Type: Secure Configuration Manager Setup 1/26/2017 4:11:30 PM 5276 (0x149C)
    SELECT dbo.fnConvertBinaryToBase64String(thumbprint) FROM master.sys.certificates WHERE name='ConfigMgrEndpointCert' Configuration Manager Setup 1/26/2017 4:11:37 PM 5276 (0x149C)
    [42000][6263][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Execution of
    ā€¦

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Better Indexing to ARP and Installed Software tables in SQL

Currently there are very few functional indexes on the ARP table in SQL for sccm. The table only leverages indexing on MachineID (ResourceID) and ProdID00 (GUID for software). This can make reporting on software very resource intensive and collection membership intensive if you want to use other fields that are easier to identify such as DisplayName00.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include all Pre-Reqs on Media Installtion Disk

Include all Pre-Req files needed for new install or upgrade from supported platforms
    Many of us are on secure networks with no internet connectivity. Getting the pre-req files to the system is nearly if not impossible with the current installation method. Some customers such as myself are not allowed to transfer files from the secure network to an internet facing system, negating the setup downloader method

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like not to have to sign in every single day multiple times I would like my thing set per minute I have the same password the same e

Do you think that you can bring it back to the way it was so I don't have to sign in multiple times a day and I keep getting an era I never had to do this before and it's driving me crazy you have my email address you have my phone number and my password I should not have to be signing in every day multiple times

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off SCCM features

The possibility to turn off SCCM features.
    As example we don't use MDM in our environment I'd like to turn off this features "Apple Volume Purchase Program, iOs Activation Lock management, Passport for work, Windows Store for Business Integration, ..." and so on.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. In updates and servicing allow for redownload update when something goes wrong an update

We are unable to redownload an update under updates and servicing. Sometimes an update has a problem when downloading and it gets greyed out.
    There is no easy way to redownload the update and we are stuck with an update that cannot be applied anymore

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. IBCM - MP and SQL Configuration setup. Each and every time MS released a new version of update we need to delete the replication for the cur

IBCM - MP and SQL Configuration setup.

Each and every time MS released a new version of update we need to delete the replication for the current running one (Either its in DMZ or Local server for IBCM) and update the server with new Current Branch. Its a hectic task to create the setup again and test the IBCM functionality. Need some permanent solution for this in the setup folder itself

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Configuration Manager Console Setup silent install

Please add consolesetup.exe parameter to uncheck the option "Start the Configuration Manager console after you close the Setup Wizard".

This enables silent installs of the console and avoiding confusion when user installs the software from SCCM while logged on using a normal user account but needs to start the console using Run as Different user using a admin account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Define pre-condition script in SCCM infrastructure site servicing windows to verify conditions

If an update is planned and servicing windows are defined, it would be necessary to check before the update is processed, if all requirements and conditions are fine e.g. all site server online, queues, link state and etc...

It would be helpful, to be able, to create a custom script in servicing windows and return true or false, to postpone the servicing if something is not running, are wrong. Otherwise the servicing is processed and could bring infrastructure in an worse state.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compress Status Messages on Remote MP instead of using MP Replica

I run a single Primary Site Server supporting 26K clients. I also have two Regional MP's (Not MP Replicas).

The stat.box and statemsg.box files regularly fill up with over 20K+ files (supporting only a few thousand clients each) and it takes nearly 10 hours for the MP to send all those files (one by one) to the Site Server over the WAN.

The bandwidth utilization is minimal (stat.box with 27K files is only about 7MB in size) however sending that many individual files over the WAN is extremely inefficient.

Compressing these files into a single zip/cab/etc. before sending to theā€¦

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Active Directory Sites should be unique on something more than just name

Currently, if you have forests that have the same Active Directory Site name in them, SCCM only imports the first one it finds as a boundary. This makes using a Site as a boundary very unreliable when assigning site systems.
    For example:
    Forest a.com has a Site 'HQ'
    Forest b.com also has a Site 'HQ'
    SCCM imports a.com/HQ as AD Site, ignoring b.com/HQ
    Client pc1.b.com is in Site HQ in b.com, but due to the boundary mixup, tries to access the DP in a.com, which it doesn't trust.
    If Sites were made to be unique in a "(domain or forest)/Site"ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Service Connection Point - resume download file

CM Upgrade date is very large file. So, I want to resume download on Service Connection Point.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. IIS application pool check on upgrade and on MP settings change

I stumbled upon a problem where someone added one additional virtual directory in "CCM CLient Deployment Pool". And because of that the result was that clients couldn't connect to MP and didn't et applications and updates and policies. IIS was misconfigured -> "CCM Server Framework Pool" was missing and instead of that there was "BEGIN PROPERTY" application pool. Reason was that setup couldn't delete "CCM CLient Deployment Pool" and after that all was messed up. I think that there should be better error handling in case when there are problems with deleting/creating/recreating IIS Application pools. Right now upgrade went withoutā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integrate Microsoft LAPS Functionality

The Microsoft Local Admin Password Solution (LAPS) is great because of the security it provides, but is not in widespread use because it isn't enabled by default and requires desktop/server teams to work together to implement.

Integrate the functionality of Microsoft LAPS into the ConfigMgr infrastructure.

This could include simple steps to control replace the group policy need with a new compliance item node, or could include completely supplanting of the functionality (similar to how MBAM makes it so you don't need AD for managing BitLocker recovery keys).

Anything that ConfigMgr can do to bring down the bar for securingā€¦

332 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Status Message Queries - Allow Criteria for SMS_StatusMessage.Severity

In the Status Message Queries, when creating a custom query, you cannot select the Severity of the Status Message under the criteria tab.

You can edit the WQL and add SMS_StatusMessage.Severity not like "1%" to show only Errors and Warnings, however, this does not always work (like when you have a prompted date/time value).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. subnets

When syncing the IP address range during Discovery, could you also check that the Description in Sites and Services has or has not changed? At least the description isn't in sync for me.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow relay of Active Directory discovery and publishing

Give the option to allow for the discovery/publishing of Active Directory data to be relayed through a designated site system on a per domain/forest basis. Maybe create a new role, i.e. "Active Directory Services Point", that can be set on site systems and designate them for specific AD domains/forests. This would greatly relieve permissions and firewall rules when managing clients across multiple (and sometimes untrusted) forests.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Updates & Servicing - Features

the Features under Updates & Servicing should have a detailed information pane, the description is too big and it should be good if a link to the documentation is also added to the list. also, option to turn off a feature if it was once enabled

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base