Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New-CMApplication rejects icons larger than 250x250

New-CMApplication rejects icons larger than 250x250 and returns the warning and error below, even though the SCCM console allows icons up to 500x500.
    WARNING: The maximum size of an icon is 250px X 250px.
    New-CMApplication : Validation of input parameters failed. Cannot continue.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorrect Icon Size When Using New-CMApplication and Set-CMApplication

When using New-CMApplication or Set-CMApplication with the IconLocationFile parameter and an icon at least 128x128 in size, the application is created with a very small icon. I am not certain if smaller icons are effected.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Powershell cmdlet for adding global conditions as requirements

We are using PowerShell as a frontend for creating applications. As default we create multiple deployment type, each of them intented to run in certain environemts. These environemts are defined in some custom global conditions.

When creating the deployment type we can very easily identify which global contitions shold be set as requirement. But we miss a Powershell cmdlet to automize this task. Instead we rely on the application creator to remember to add these conditions.

So far I have found a PS-script that can add one of the build-in conditions, but it fails when trying to add a custom…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Run Scripts: Need improved monitoring and reporting on script execution

Allow filtering on Monitoring - Scripts. Filter by time and date, collection, and script name.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add-CMScriptDeploymentType -AddDetectionClause "OR" functionality

It would be helpful to have the ability to select OR as a Connector Value (which only has 2 states AND, OR) for the AddDetectionClause of Add-CMScriptDeploymentType
    The best example of this is when trying to create a ConfigMgr Client Update application. The client has a different GUID depending on whether it is x86 or x64.

Why am I making a separate application deployment for the client upgrade as opposed to the built in one? The built in one will not use the files local to itself and pull the entire content accross the WAN again. So building an application…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Run Scripts: Need folder support for feature

It would be nice to be able to make folders and apply security to each folder for the new scripts feature.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PowerShell CmdLets: Improvement for Software Update Maintenance

Paging Adam Meltzer.
    I’ve spent the last couple of weeks writing a PowerShell script to provide end-to-end maintenance of software updates. My goal was to use the CM cmdlets as much as possible. While I think I have everything working the experience leads me to make the suggestions below. In all honestly; maybe I’m just doing it wrong and there is a way to do the things I couldn’t figure out.
    The documentation for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage says that it returns a CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage object but it’s actually returning WqlResultObjectBase. Maybe I’m just supposed to cast it but I failed trying.

I could…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Run Scripts: Need cmdlets to support feature

Create cmdlets for the new in console Powershell scripts. Some good ones would be new Script Deployment and get script results.

EX:
    New-CMPSScriptDeployment -Name "Script Name" -CollectionName "Collection Name"

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Run Scripts: Need ability to schedule execution

Since version 1707 it's now possible to run Powershell scripts for a collection, but these scripts cannot be scheduled. It would be of real value if these Powershell scripts could be scheduled.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add NumberOfDependedDTs property to Get-CMApplication

Currently, the only place to see NumberOfDependedDTs is from Get-CMDeploymentType. Other properties like NumberOfDependentDTs and NumberOfDependentTS have been propagated to the Application Level, it would be useful to have NumberOfDependedDTs too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Run Scripts: Do not preserve parameters when scripts are re-run, and log parameter usage in Monitoring

When using parameters, the last value used should be blanked out when run again. The value of parameters is the dynamics of it all. You can overwrite the value but seems it would be best servers to not retain the value after running. Would also be great if the parameter used was logged in the Script Status node for ease of tracking.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote powershell for SCCM

Like: Import-PSSession $(New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://server.domain.local/PowerShell/)
    -But for SCCM..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export all data option for key nodes

I would like the ability to right-click various nodes, eg packages, applications, task sequences, etc and export the data for that node to a file, eg csv which could easily be read back in via powershell. This would allow test environments to be set up quickly and might even help provide an a way to restore a production environment if all else fails...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issues with Import-ClientConfiguration

Import-CMComputerInformation is not allowing me the same access via Powershell as the console itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/6dipv2/permissions_to_importcmcomputerinformation/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a PowerShell cmdlet or cmdlet parameter to add return codes to application deployment types

Add a PowerShell cmdlet or cmdlet parameter to add return codes to application deployment types.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Run Scripts: Show PowerShell Intellisense in script editor prompts

Now that we have the ability in TP1706 to upload and run PowerShell scripts against endpoints, it has exposed the need to be able to tab complete and validate syntax with intellisense from the console. I'm not asking you to recreate the PowerShell ISE/VSCode, just some rudimentary intellisense for when you are working on the Admin Console.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MVP - DCR wanted for server groups

My customer has +_ 600 maintenance windows using the server grouping feature .

Feature Request Nr1 : They use the node drain / node resume feature with PowerShell. They are still modifying and changing the script almost every week . That script is used for those 600 collections :

a) a central repository/place to enter the script details and be able to reuse that for each server group collection like for power management custom templates .
    b) If they make a change in the “central” PowerShell repository , it keeps history ( Like application revisions ) and replaces that automatically…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Wildcard for cmdlets Get-CMPackage and Remove-CMPackage

This would make it easier to remove multiple packages with similar names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base