Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Wildcard for cmdlets Get-CMPackage and Remove-CMPackage

This would make it easier to remove multiple packages with similar names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Powershell 6.x support everywhere in SCCM

Explicitly being able to select the option of using PowerShell 6.x in scripts/compliance rules/task sequences would be a good future thinking feature to adopt as soon as possible.

Ideally a version option built in to SCCM like that for x32/64 OS, but for PS 5.1/6.x would make this interesting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Run Scripts: Ability to run unapproved scripts on a test collection

The "run script" feature is fantastic, but somewhat clunky when multiple lower level admins are adding scripts, as they can't be tested before approval.

It would be great if we could designate a "development" collection for running scripts that have not been approved yet.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need cmdlets for Distribution Point reassignment

Create a powershell cmdlet to perform a DP reassignment as we can do on SCCM console

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Run Scripts: Allow parameters to be marked as passwords so it's hidden when entering

Run Scripts: Allow parameters to be marked as passwords, so scripts can be executed by passing on passwords but the password isn't displayed while being typed.

Real life example: Using PowerShell scripts to run Deep Freeze tasks such as freezing or thawing computer. The Deep Freeze command line tool requires entering the passwords to be able to execute the commands.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Run Scripts: Schedule the script to run later

It would be nice to be able to schedule a script to run at a later date and/or time. It would also be nice to see what scripts are scheduled and by who and when and to what device or collection. Also the ability to cancel it. I've used a tool before that did this very nicely and it would be nice to have SCCM able to do it as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. set-cmcollection does not terminate on name collisions with errors in -errorvariable and doesn't seem to work with try/catch

If we could get this functionality it would go a long way in automating collection management.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PowerShell CmdLets: Improvement for Software Update Maintenance

Paging Adam Meltzer.
    I’ve spent the last couple of weeks writing a PowerShell script to provide end-to-end maintenance of software updates. My goal was to use the CM cmdlets as much as possible. While I think I have everything working the experience leads me to make the suggestions below. In all honestly; maybe I’m just doing it wrong and there is a way to do the things I couldn’t figure out.
    The documentation for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage says that it returns a CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentPackage object but it’s actually returning WqlResultObjectBase. Maybe I’m just supposed to cast it but I failed trying.

I could…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MVP-Set-CMClientSettingSoftwareUpdate

add option to manage express updates via Set-CMClientSettingSoftwareUpdate (Enable/Disable and Port used)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Run Scripts: Allow the possibility to limit Run Script execution to one device only

It would be really useful, if not mandatory, that some scripts under "Run Scripts" feature allowed to be executed only on one device at a time, avoiding the possibility to run it under a collection or a selection of multiple devices.
    The reason is, according to my point of view, avoiding the possibility to run scripts that need device-specific parameters.
    For example, runnin a script that renames a device. If by mistake that script were run on a device collection, it would probably end up with all devices with the same name.
    I guess this option (a checkbox maybe) should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability to add and edit Install Behavior for Application Deployment types with PowerShell cmdlets

Add the ability to add and edit Install Behavior for Application Deployment types with PowerShell cmdlets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Run Scripts: Add Description

I'd like the ability to add a description for the Script I'm adding into "Run Scripts". Right now I try to make the names descriptive, but would like to go into further details about what parameters they can use, what's going to happen, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Issues with Import-ClientConfiguration

Import-CMComputerInformation is not allowing me the same access via Powershell as the console itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/6dipv2/permissions_to_importcmcomputerinformation/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add NumberOfDependedDTs property to Get-CMApplication

Currently, the only place to see NumberOfDependedDTs is from Get-CMDeploymentType. Other properties like NumberOfDependentDTs and NumberOfDependentTS have been propagated to the Application Level, it would be useful to have NumberOfDependedDTs too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remote powershell for SCCM

Like: Import-PSSession $(New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://server.domain.local/PowerShell/)
    -But for SCCM..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collection Configure Alerts

Create a powershell to configure the alerts on a specific collection. like adding collection to EP dashboard and configure thresholds

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Run Scripts feature should support other scripting types (VBScript, Perl, etc)

It would be awesome if more languages were supported for real-time Script deployment in addition to PowerShell. Maybe VBscript, Perl or Javascript, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Powershell script Collection

After running a script on a collection or set of machines have the ability to automatically create a collection on machines that failed the script or machines that could not be connected to. So that after the machine is online the script can be run against it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get driver by category with Get-CMDriver

Get-CMDriver does not provide on option to get drivers by category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Run Scripts: Option to be integrated with Application / Packages deployment

Running Script : option to be integrated with Application / Packages deployment. On going into deployment type or in package program we should have option to use approved scripts from console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base